Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[TUT] Force reinstall 3.60 using ENSO

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
niszczycielnpc

[TUT] Force reinstall 3.60 using ENSO

Post by niszczycielnpc »

Hi, In this tutorial i will show you how to force reinstall 3.60 firmware using ENSO app and (SCE Confidental updater)
1. You need to download (VitaRW) to enable read and write to nand partitions.
2. ENSO app or if you already have it.. (You dont need to install ENSO to reinstall your firmware).
3. First step is to run (VitaRW) Open it and when it freezes just click PS button and go back to it.
4. Use molecular shell to make an empty folder in (OS0:).
5. Run ENSO and try to install it (IT WON'T INSTALL) If you have made an folder in os0: as i said , It will check for any modifications at (OS0:) and ask you to reinstall firmware, It will use (SCE Confidental updater) To reinstall firmware, It will reinstall firmware but won't install ENSO.

Enso link: enso.henkaku.xyz

PS. I won't give link to (VitaRW) Becouse of some stupid kids trying play with nand partitions in bad way,
If you really need it to only do this, You will easy find it your self.
Advertising
Agent-K57

Re: [TUT] Force reinstall 3.60 using ENSO

Post by Agent-K57 »

Didn't know this was a thing, would be definitely useful, thanks for the tip. ;)
Advertising
My devices:
Black PSV Fat-1004 8GB ~ OFW 3.60 変革◯
Black PSV Slim-2004 200GB + 8GB ~ CFW 3.60 変革◯
Silver PSP-3004 8GB ~ CFW 6.20 LME-2.3
X004 collection^^

Feel free to add me on PSN! - kRay57CZ
Agent-K57

Post by Agent-K57 »

So, I just tried this, had an REX firmware with Ensō and it really did reinstall my firmware and uninstalled REX as well as Ensō, but when booting Vita it said "You must update your firmware" so I couldn't use my memory card, but that's no problem, I launched HENkaku through browser and un-linked my memory card from HENkaku settings (it was maybe cuz I had spoofing set to 3.57 due testing some things).

Really neat feature, so "Firmware Reinstaller" app is no longer needed I think, this is more cool. :)
My devices:
Black PSV Fat-1004 8GB ~ OFW 3.60 変革◯
Black PSV Slim-2004 200GB + 8GB ~ CFW 3.60 変革◯
Silver PSP-3004 8GB ~ CFW 6.20 LME-2.3
X004 collection^^

Feel free to add me on PSN! - kRay57CZ
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Agent-K57 wrote:So, I just tried this, had an REX firmware with Ensō and it really did reinstall my firmware and uninstalled REX as well as Ensō, but when booting Vita it said "You must update your firmware" so I couldn't use my memory card, but that's no problem, I launched HENkaku through browser and un-linked my memory card from HENkaku settings (it was maybe cuz I had spoofing set to 3.57 due testing some things).

Really neat feature, so "Firmware Reinstaller" app is no longer needed I think, this is more cool. :)
The same thing happened to me, I had a "freak out" moment because my activation files where backed up on ux0. I also fixed it by unlinking the memory card.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Tutorials”