Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tip] for small memorycards (without vpk shrinker)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
tsundere

[Tip] for small memorycards (without vpk shrinker)

Post by tsundere »

Hey everyone,
i just have a litle tip for everyone who doenst want to use extra programms on his/her pc (like me :D).

You want to install a .vpk, but u dont have enough space (twice the sice of the .vpk u want to install)?
Then i have two easy to use solutions for you.

WHats needet:
1. Ps Vita on 3.60 with Henkaku (obviously)
2. Vitashell 1.50 for USB connection (but i recomend you the latest version [1.61 atm])
3. Your dumped games .vpk (and you need to know its GameID)

1. (If your game takes nearly every space you card has [i.e. 4GB])

a) Open up your .vpk on PC (with winrar). Navigate through the folders, till you find a .cpk data that is roughly around 70-90% of your .vpk´s size (differs from game to game).

b) Extract it to a folder of your choice (id recommend a new folder on your desctop).

c) Now rightclick the .cpk in winrar and click "delete" (but dont forget where it was, as u need this info later on).

d) After this is done, copy it through Vitashell (with USB connection) to a folder (im mostly using the mai folder from maidump for this) on your Vita.

e) Now disconnect your Vita from your PC, and navigate (on your Vita) to the folder you choose to move your .vpk to and install it.

f) When installation is done, delete the .vpk and hit select (for USB mode) and connect your vita to your PC again.

g) Now take your earlyer copied .cpk file and copy it to the folder your .vpk was earlyer. THen disconnect your Vita again.

h) Lastly all you need to do is navigate to ux0:app/ and locate your gameID (the structure inside this folder is the same as the one in yaour .vpk). Move your .cpk to the folder where you earlyer extracted it from, and your done.

Greetz and happy gaming.

Tsun

PS: SOrry if this was mentioned before, but im only into the Vita sceene for a few days, and havent read anythink to find on wololo.net about the Vita. I found many solutions like this on the web, but they often got a problem. On some games, the duplicatet steroid.suprx makes a problem. Another method needs you to use .jar files on PC and needs an actual Java installed etc.
Advertising

Return to “Tutorials”