Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vita (Crash, Spyro)!

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
aedando

Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vita (Crash, Spyro)!

Post by aedando »

Hey there! With the recent contribution of xyzz's IDU enabler, I checked out discussion on the HENhaku forums to see if anyone was fooling around with Package Manager.

Lo and behold, there was an entire thread on people digging around with it to see if you could run installed PKG's with the corresponding license.

ErnieBall was the first one to get a game working (PSO2)-- and apparently he wrote a tutorial, but I can't seem to find it here so I decided to make one of my own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Purchasing and Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vita
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you buy a digital PSP/PSone title on PSN in the past for your PSP, only to find out you couldn't download it to your Vita or transfer it to your Vita via PS3?

Here's how you can solve that problem.

DISCLAIMER: This work-around involves using Demo Mode (IDU). If you are not comfortable with potentially soft-bricking your Vita if you make a mistake that could allow your PSV to automatically update when Demo Mode is launched, leaving it in IDU forever on 3.61, do not attempt this.

What you will need:

* A game you've bought on your PSN account that is PSP/PSone but is not downloadable/transferable to your Vita (some examples are Burnout Legends, Twisted Metal: Head On, the Crash PSone titles, the Spyro PSone titles).

* PSP on 6.61, doesn't matter if it's OFW/CFW.

* A Vita on 3.60 with the offline HENkaku exploit installed and enabled (https://github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases), and idu-mode installed BUT NOT ENABLED. DO NOT RUN IT UNTIL THIS GUIDE TELLS YOU TO (https://github.com/xyzz/vita-idu/releases).

* A PC with Windows, FileZilla (https://filezilla-project.org/), QCMA installed and working (http://codestation.nekmo.com/qcma/0.3.1 ... 0.3.12.exe), and Bubble Studio (https://anthe.studio/bubblestudio/) to add Package Installer to your app.db

Acquiring your .rif LICENSE file:

Log into your PSN acct on your PSP, access the PS Store, it'll give you an error but just go on. It'll let you access your Download List, download the game in question you want on your Vita.

The only reason we are doing this, is to accquire the .rif license file that is associated with your PSN account and the game in question. If for some reason, you have a backup of the corresponding .rif license file that is associated with YOUR PSN ACCOUNT and the game in question, you can skip this step.

Once the part that says "Activating..." is done and it starts downloading, you can back out of the download, all you have to do is connect your PSP to your PC and go to ms0:/PSP/LICENSE/. If you have multiple games though, look up the ID's for each license to figure out which one is which game-- most PSP games will have their name in the title, but PSone games will use their SLUS ID.

Copy the .rif license for your game(s) in question to your PC someplace safe.

Acquiring your .pkg file:

http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... slinks.txt <-- this is the magic list with links to all of the PKG files for every PSP/PSone game on PSN, from Sony's Zeus server. You can download them, but they won't work w/o the aforementioned .rif LICENSE file.

Can't seem to find the USA version of Wipeout Pure though as the list is a little outdated, but you could easily run a download of it on your PSP through a proxy and packet-sniff it to get the link to the .PKG file.

Most of the "lost" PSP/PSone titles from the Vita PS Store are on there though.

Simply download the corresponding game with the correct region, and it will work with your .rif License.

After it's downloaded, make sure you drop the file in C:\Users\*your username here*\PSV Packages\ -- this is assuming you have QCMA already installed on your PC, not going to go into specifics on how to install it here to keep stuff simple.

Make sure after you drop your PKG into C:\Users\*your username here*\PSV Packages\ you right click QCMA's tray icon and hit Refresh Database-- you need to do this so that it tells Package Manager the PKG file is there.

Preparing the Vita for IDU:

Make sure your Vita already has the offline version of HENkaku up and running through the email exploit. Link is above under "What you will need:". Make sure it works. Double check that it works. This is very important.

Now that we've double checked that, we need to enable the Package Installer bubble on your Vita.

Open up FileZilla on your PC, and open up molecularShell (automatically installed with HENkaku) on your Vita. Press SELECT on your Vita to start the FTP session, and enter the corresponding IP and Port into FileZilla to connect.

Go to ur0:/shell/db/ and there will be one file, app.db. Put this somewhere on your computer, it's important (but if you lose it, it's not the end of the world because you can just rebuild database (app.db) by powering into recovery w/ PS Button + POWER + R).

Go to Bubble Studio on your PC-- https://anthe.studio/bubblestudio/ and follow the instructions. Upload your app.db when prompted to-- then add the Package Installer bubble using the toolbar on the right. Hit SAVE and hit the button to download the 3.60 app.db file.

Now that you have your new app.db, replace the old one on your Vita at ur0:/shell/db with it.

Reboot your Vita. A Package Installer bubble should be present on your LiveArea, but it won't be functional until you boot into IDU mode-- Sony patched it out of CEX (Retail Mode) in a previous firmware update.

IDU (Demo Mode):

This is where **** hits the fan. You need to read this carefully, every last word of it.

You NEED to have offline HENkaku fully installed and enabled (that means being able to launch it through the exploit in the Email app). MAKE SURE YOU RUN offlineInstaller AND THE EMAIL EXPLOIT PROPERLY ENABLES HENKAKU.

You NEED to have the idu-mode application installed from it's .vpk (BUT DO NOT RUN IT OR ENABLE IT UNTIL TOLD).

You NEED to have your WiFi completely disabled (and 3G if you have a 3G model). Go to your settings, and forget every single one of your Wi-Fi connections. Disable WiFi. Disable 3G. Put your Vita into Flight Mode.

When we boot into IDU, IDU automatically tries to update the system if you are connected to the Internet (and thereby, connected to Sony's Update Servers). You can block Sony's Update Servers using the Vita Update Blocker Proxy on your PC, but just completely cutting your Vita off from the outside world and using offline HENkaku via the Email app is easier.

Now that your Vita is 100% CUT OFF FROM THE INTERNET AND HAS OFFLINE HENKAKU FULLY INSTALLED ENABLED AND FUNCTIONING VIA THE LAUNCHER IN THE EMAIL APP, we can now boot into IDU.

Launch idu-mode and press X to enable IDU, transforming your Vita from CEX (Retail Mode) to IDU (Demo Mode). Power down your Vita, but do not power it on just yet.

Instead of holding the POWER button to power on your Vita, plug your Vita into an outlet using your USB wall charger. It will automatically power your Vita on-- you need to power on your Vita in IDU this way so that it doesn't automatically shut down after 5 minutes.

After the Vita starts up, peel to the LiveArea like usual. You'll immediately notice that your system bubbles are gone! Do not panic. Because your Vita is in Demo Mode, the system-related bubbles are hidden by default so that pesky customers can't fool around with them.

The button combination to show your System Bubbles is: UP + L + R + START. Press and hold those four buttons at the LiveArea for 5 seconds, and all of your System-related bubbles will come flooding back. You can now unplug the USB cable from the microUSB wall charger.

Now, all you need to do go to your Email App and run the HENKaku Email exploit. If it spits out a 128128 error or whatever, just hit OK and keep trying, close the app and re-open, etc. It happens sometimes. I think it happens when you have the Vita plugged in via microUSB, so make sure it isn't connected to anything.

Once HENkaku is running, all you need to do now is go to Package Installer and connect your Vita to your PC w/ QCMA on it. Open the tab in Package Manager named "Content Manager Assistant" and open your PKG file and hit OK to install.

As long as you grabbed your PKG off of Sony's Zeus server that I linked to previously, it should install 100% w/o a hitch and say "Successful" at the end. Hit OK, and go back to the LiveArea.

Your game should be there, but we're not done yet!

Now, all you need to do is run idu-mode again and hit O this time to go back to CEX (Retail Mode).

Power down your Vita, and power up again. You'll be back in CEX (Retail Mode), which is what your Vita uses by default.

Transferring your .rif file to your Vita:

Now that the game is installed, we need to drop the .rif license file on your Vita.

Connect your Vita to your PC like before with FileZilla. Go to ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSE and drop your .rif license file in.

Disconnect. You're golden now. The game should boot up w/o a problem.

If this guide helped you in any way, please go ahead and share it with anyone who you'd think benefit from it.

~aedando~
Advertising
Attachments
IMG_20160822_223738.jpg
IMG_20160822_223738.jpg (94.51 KiB) Viewed 14745 times
Last edited by aedando on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:49 am, edited 15 times in total.
ErnieBall

Re: Purchasing and Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vi

Post by ErnieBall »

Thanks for giving credit, although i only took the ideas from the thread you linked and made a few little adjustments.
I managed to delete my tut by mistake :D and didn't have the time to rewrite it yet. Now i saw your tutorial which is much more in-depth, so there is no need for me to rewrite it anyway. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a lot interest in this.

There's something i wanted to add though:

If you dont find the game you want in the list you linked, the next best thing is to download Media Go from Sony. It let's you download PSP and PS1 games, access the .pkg files and install the games to your PSP.
If you happen to have a PS3 with CFW, you can also download the game there and access the .pkg file from ./dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxx being a placeholder)
Advertising
PSP 1004 6.60 ME
PSV 1000 3.60 HENKAKU
PS3 CECH-2004A FERROX 4.80 Cobra 7.3
aedando

Re: Purchasing and Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vi

Post by aedando »

ErnieBall wrote:Thanks for giving credit, although i only took the ideas from the thread you linked and made a few little adjustments.
I managed to delete my tut by mistake :D and didn't have the time to rewrite it yet. Now i saw your tutorial which is much more in-depth, so there is no need for me to rewrite it anyway. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a lot interest in this.

There's something i wanted to add though:

If you dont find the game you want in the list you linked, the next best thing is to download Media Go from Sony. It let's you download PSP and PS1 games, access the .pkg files and install the games to your PSP.
If you happen to have a PS3 with CFW, you can also download the game there and access the .pkg file from ./dev_hdd0/vsh/game_pkg/xxxxxxxx (xxxxxxx being a placeholder)
Thank you! The extra methods will be helpful for people who can use MediaGo or have a PS3.
atreyu187

Re: Playing "lost" PSN PSP/PSone titles on Vita (Crash, Spyr

Post by atreyu187 »

Yea you don't need a PSP at all for PS1 or PSP titles if you have a CFW PS3 just make sure the bubble of the game you want to install is on the XMB you can grab the rif from the system that way. Works for OFW PS3 as well if you have the systems IDPS using PeXploit.

Files are located in

/dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata

The folder after home can change depending upon the profile linked.

Also I suggest not using IDU mode at all. Just use the PKG Installer files from DEX/Test unit and Mr. Gas VitaRW to avoid brick risk and no need to enable and disable as that is timely and not needed.

And if you use IDU mode once you enable it you can disable it right away and still use the PKG Installer without it closing out the app. Just enable IDU open PKG Installer. Disable IDU and you can still use PKG Installer till reboot. But as I said much easier and safer to permanently re-enable PKG Installer as IDU mode doesn't offer anything special that can't be done with other apps safer.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

atreyu187 wrote:Yea you don't need a PSP at all for PS1 or PSP titles if you have a CFW PS3 just make sure the bubble of the game you want to install is on the XMB you can grab the rif from the system that way. Works for OFW PS3 as well if you have the systems IDPS using PeXploit.

Files are located in

Also I suggest not using IDU mode at all. Just use the PKG Installer files from DEX/Test unit and Mr. Gas VitaRW to avoid brick risk and no need to enable and disable as that is timely and not needed.

And if you use IDU mode once you enable it you can disable it right away and still use the PKG Installer without it closing out the app. Just enable IDU open PKG Installer. Disable IDU and you can still use PKG Installer till reboot. But as I said much easier and safer to permanently re-enable PKG Installer as IDU mode doesn't offer anything special that can't be done with other apps safer.
There a some users saying the pkg installer outside of IDU only throws errors at them while switching to IDU lets the PSP/PS1 games install.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

fate6 wrote:
atreyu187 wrote:Yea you don't need a PSP at all for PS1 or PSP titles if you have a CFW PS3 just make sure the bubble of the game you want to install is on the XMB you can grab the rif from the system that way. Works for OFW PS3 as well if you have the systems IDPS using PeXploit.

Files are located in

There a some users saying the pkg installer outside of IDU only throws errors at them while switching to IDU lets the PSP/PS1 games install.
Yea I need to further go into this as the Vita and PSTV behave much differently. But I have had success with Crash Team Racing being installed and luckily it backs up fine via QCMA then can be swapped easily to and from systems.
mindglitch

Post by mindglitch »

fate6 wrote:

Files are located in

do we have reports of this working by invoking the package installer from the uricaller or too early to tell?
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

mindglitch wrote:do we have reports of this working by invoking the package installer from the uricaller or too early to tell?
Dont think anyone has tried yet tho it shouldn't matter since it changes nothing but how you call up the app.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
aedando

Post by aedando »

fate6 wrote:

Files are located in

Yeah, this is what happens to me.

Using a PCH-2000 (Slim), installed the leaked DEX App and tried to get it to work. Wouldn't copy PSP/PSone PKG's over, gave the same error it gives when you try to copy Vita PKG's over that aren't DRM-free.

Only IDU seems to work for PSP/PSone PKG's. I've bought Wipeout Pure, Twisted Metal: Head-On, Burnout Legends, Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, and CTR: Crash Team Racing and successfully installed all of them using Package Installer in IDU mode. Didn't work for any of them using the leaked DEX app in CEX mode.

I asked around about it on /hbg/ on 4chan, and an anon replied that he owns an actual 3.18 Vita IDU (Demo Unit), who confirmed that he installed the DEX Package Installer on his 3.60 Vita CEX (Retail Unit) and it didn't work for installing PSP/PSone PKG's like his actual Demo Unit could. Never found out if he owned a PCH-1000 or a PCH-2000 for the retail unit though, because if was a 2000 like mine it might explain everything if the leaked DEX Package Installer is from a PCH-1000 unit.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Care to post the original PKG installer files? I only have the dex as I seemed to have lost mine doing a restore on Windows 10.

Return to “Tutorials”