Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] Editing your app.db using Bubble Studio

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
PixelButts

Re: [Tutorial] Editing your app.db using Bubble Studio

Post by PixelButts »

Do you think you can give a little bit more info on the PS1 bubbles?

I'm not the most familiar with PS1 bubbles and how they're different from other bubbles but I would like to know how to actually properly set up said bubble.
Advertising
Sevenanths

Post by Sevenanths »

There's a tutorial on Hackinformer here. It's quite hard so take your time to follow all the instructions. The part for editing the app.db you can substitute by using Bubble Studio's builtin "Add bubble" function.
Advertising
Thanks to all for your thanks and praises for Bubble Studio. I greatly appreciate all your words. I could not have wished for a greater introduction to a scene. Take care.
5ham5h33r

Post by 5ham5h33r »

Bro I used molecularShell and replaced the app.db and all my edited icons turned white... Help man
Sevenanths

Post by Sevenanths »

Did all your icons turn white? Or only the ones you edited? Also, did you transfer the savegame?
Thanks to all for your thanks and praises for Bubble Studio. I greatly appreciate all your words. I could not have wished for a greater introduction to a scene. Take care.
NHJZ

Post by NHJZ »

same here... :( the ones i edit turn into white bubbles after I copied the app.db back onto the vita

yep missed the youtube step...
Last edited by NHJZ on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonelSeamus

Post by ColonelSeamus »

You obviously didn't copy over the savegame.

Drag and drop the bubblestudio folder (which you extract from the .zip file you download) into /ux0:/pspemu/PSP/SAVEDATA over FTP otherwise you don't actually have the images on your Vita to display. There's literally no reason why that would be happening unless you missed this step entirely or did something wrong.
Sevenanths wrote:I just pushed a fix for the network errors. The way I was forcing the browser to download the file seems to have triggered some kind of security mechanism. I hope it works well for you now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, thank you so much. Worked like a charm after that!
Sevenanths

Post by Sevenanths »

For all having problems, I've made a tutorial fully explaining what I could explain. This is my first time making a video tutorial, so excuse the awkwardness. Also, don't mind the accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkO0i8UhvFQ
jhuebert95

Post by jhuebert95 »

So I'm curious what these unsolvable issues that prevent Bubble Studio from editing the startup gate are? Isn't the same entry responsible for both the bg0.png and the startup.png? Supposing they are in the same folder? Couldn't you just change the name of the uploaded images to their default values and then change the default directory location?
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW
ShrineFox

Post by ShrineFox »

I used this to replace the browser icon, livearea and startup screen.

The startup screen and icon worked, but the livearea is still completely white. I followed the steps as carefully as I could, but I noticed I don't have the __SCE_BUBBLE0 folder in my bubblestudio.zip. What is that? Is there supposed to be something in it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. I guess I didn't need the __SCE_BUBBLE0 folder at all! I just needed to go back to bubble studio and put NPXS10003 in this field where it says "undefined."
Transferring over the new app.db afterward resolved the issue. Great work on this! Very user friendly.
Last edited by ShrineFox on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sevenanths

Post by Sevenanths »

jhuebert95 wrote:So I'm curious what these unsolvable issues that prevent Bubble Studio from editing the startup gate are? Isn't the same entry responsible for both the bg0.png and the startup.png? Supposing they are in the same folder? Couldn't you just change the name of the uploaded images to their default values and then change the default directory location?
Basically, when replacing the startup gate for a PSP game, it will be misaligned for some reason. Here's a screenshot (by Hackinformer):
ShrineFox wrote:I used this to replace the browser icon, livearea and startup screen.

The startup screen and icon worked, but the livearea is still completely white. I followed the steps as carefully as I could, but I noticed I don't have the __SCE_BUBBLE0 folder in my bubblestudio.zip. What is that? Is there supposed to be something in it?
__SCE_BUBBLE0 is the titleid of a Bubble Blower bubble. The file structure in the savegame is constructed using the titleid of a bubble, so it is different for each bubble you change.

Also, at the moment I'm not writing templates to the database just yet, but rather to an xml file. If you had already opened the bubble a different template would already been written to the database (I think). I'll see if I can just write the template to the database directly, which will overwrite whatever was in it in the first place.

Return to “Tutorials”