Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
#406324 by PixelButts
Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:06 am
So with the release of HENkaku, many of us are excited, especially myself since PSTV has support for this.

UPDATE - THE app.db METHOD DOES WORK AS WELL (you can get the file through the ftp from HENkaku, patch, and replace as you would with the .dat version)

The procedure is quite simple.

What you will need
-HENkaku (https://henkaku.xyz)
-A PSTV
-FileZilla
-The whitelist file (https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6gef9cx07n7k ... a.dat?dl=0)
-app.db (if you choose this method there is a guide to patch it. Use the above one if you don't want to modify the app.db)

1) Install HENkaku, the method is quite simple but in case you need a visual method you can view this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7du41eeFUpE (Dont let the errors worry you. They will be fixed soon enough.)

2) Open the newly made Molecular Shell bubble and start an FTP session (hit select)

3) Take the "list_launch_vita.dat" and place it on the desktop (easy access)

4) Open FileZilla and connect to the PSTV (the IP to connect to and the port are displayed on the screen)

5) Navigate to "ur0:game\launch\" in filezilla

6) Drag and drop the "list_launch_vita.dat" over to the PSTV and overwrite it (feel free to back up the "list_launch_vita.dat" currently on the system and put it somewhere safe if you feel the need to)

7) Close the FTP session on the PSTV (circle - or X depending on where you are)

8) Insert your game card of choice that is not PSTV compatible without the whitelist

9) Play the game
Advertising
#406453 by Fallenleader
Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:54 pm
What about the PSP side of things? There are a few games that IIRC were permanently removed as Sony couldn't (Wouldn't?) patch the KXploit.
I would love to be able to whitelist mine and give it a shot. It would be cool if the numblast exploit still works.
Advertising
#406740 by xfullmetal17
Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:27 am
Funny thing... This seems to only enable for US-based games, but not for imports. (on a US PSTV, I'd assume a JP system would have JP games enabled, etc.)
I can get Gravity Rush to launch just fine, but trying to launch Kantai Collection Kai spits the usual "this game can't be used on this system" message. Is there a way to enable it for everything?

edit: manually adding the game's product code (PCSG00684, from the save data I backed up) to the whitelist file doesn't seem to work, unless I'm adding the wrong one of course.

Fallenleader wrote:What about the PSP side of things? There are a few games that IIRC were permanently removed as Sony couldn't (Wouldn't?) patch the KXploit.
I would love to be able to whitelist mine and give it a shot. It would be cool if the numblast exploit still works.

The "patched" file seems to use a blank list, apart from the first entry (LVERxxxxx). I'd say try a file with just that one entry, looking like this: (for list_launch_emu.dat)
Code: Select allformat_version:001
list_type:b
LVER00111

If it works the same way as list_launch_vita.dat that *should* (emphasis should) open up the whitelist to just about anything.
Last edited by xfullmetal17 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
#406744 by HarmfulMushroom
Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:45 am
I do know that even though it is a whitelist hack not all games are compatible. I don't know which ones aren't, but there are some that still won't work. And I think that is especially so with soft copies of games.
#406747 by xfullmetal17
Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:48 am
It's a physical cartridge not a download, if that's what you mean...
Oh well, no shipgirls on the PSTV :(

edit: Okay, figured it out... Had to do the app.db mod to get the game to run, because it wasn't on the v1 whitelist.