Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to convert videos for viewing on Vita!

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Kingpin
Banned

How to convert videos for viewing on Vita!

Post by Kingpin »

^Title.You CAN directly just put the MP4 or whatever file on your Vita(It supports many formats) but all you'll get is a 720p/1080p video on the vita's 544p resolution.That's gotta be ugly.So I'm gonna show you how to format those videos so that they look nicer on your vita screen.
NOTE:I couldn't really find an up-to-date preset,So just follow through
1)Get HandBrake converter https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php and install it.
2)Next go to Source>File>*Browse your video file*>Open
3)Make sure the format is H.264(x264) and the H.264 level is 3'1 under 'video' and the 'Container' is MP4.
4)Go to 'Picture' tab,Set 'Anamorphic' to None.Select the desired resolution and 'Check' the keep aspect ratio box.
For this tut. I'm going to convert a 1080p video so my desired resolution is 960x540 if I want to keep aspect ratio,If you don't want to do that then just enter 960x544.
5)For dual audios go to 'Audio' Tab and select the track you want(Obviously skip if you have only 1 track).After that click 'Mixdown' and select 'Stereo'
NOTE:You can also ADD a track but that's up to you.You can also add a subtitles track under the subtitles tab,If you do so,Make sure you 'Check' the burned in box
6)Select the destination folder and start the encoding.After this you'll have the encoded video file which you can transfer to your Vita Via CMA.
Enjoy :lol:
Advertising

Return to “Tutorials”