Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] How to install PSM Dev for Unity (3.20+)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
dukemagus

Re: [Tutorial] How to install PSM Dev for Unity (3.20+)

Post by dukemagus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Well, time for me to look for this package... Just got the vita and I'm still learning the basics
Advertising

Chufye

Post by Chufye » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:29 pm

arquliz wrote:
Chufye wrote:It keeps asking me to update PSM DEV UNITY even after I already did. All it says is PSM Dev license could not be confirmed.
What the heck is going on?
If it's installed and behaving like that, you've done it right.

The next step would be to install rejuvinate and use PSM+ to get a licence (when you get a PSM+ licence, the update message wil disappear.)

Rejuvinate:
http://yifan.lu/2015/08/08/rejuvenate-f ... v-support/

PSM+
psmplus/
or
http://hackinformer.com/psmplus/index.html
Thanks bud... You rockkk!!!
Advertising

arquliz

Post by arquliz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Chufye wrote:
arquliz wrote:
Chufye wrote:It keeps asking me to update PSM DEV UNITY even after I already did. All it says is PSM Dev license could not be confirmed.
What the heck is going on?
If it's installed and behaving like that, you've done it right.

The next step would be to install rejuvinate and use PSM+ to get a licence (when you get a PSM+ licence, the update message wil disappear.)

Rejuvinate:
http://yifan.lu/2015/08/08/rejuvenate-f ... v-support/

PSM+
psmplus/
or
http://hackinformer.com/psmplus/index.html
Thanks bud... You rockkk!!!
If you're having trouble with psm+ and rejuvinate, this is how I did it:

I have a vita 2000 with firmware 3.36, and a clean install of PSM for unity updated to 1.06.

Before the setup i rebuild the database through the recovery menu. Don't know if this makes a difference though.

1. I downloaded the rejuvinate from http://yifan.lu/2015/08/08/rejuvenate-f ... v-support/
2. Extracted to archive to a folder on my desktop
3. Ran the setup.bat
4. When it asked to setup PSM+ i went into the support folder and ran "Run Publishing Utility For Unity.bat"
5. Connected my vita to the PC and went to http://hackinformer.com/psmplus/ and followed all the steps, opening both emails, and all 6 pictures within them.
6. Opened "PSM for Unity" and saw that the licence was accepted.
7. Closed the "Publishing Utility For Unity", but left "PSM for Unity" on the vita running for the remainder of the setup, and went back to the setup.bat command window and pressed next.
8. The Setup.bat then opens another "Publishing Utility For Unity", which i when ahead and closed
9. Followed the rest of the steps in the setup.bat, while haveing "PSM for Unity" running on the vita.
10. When all the steps were done, and i allowed the setup to install VitaDefiler, i just dragged and dropped a given *.elf file onto "run_homebrew_unity.bat" (hello_world.elf).
11. Then opened VitaDefiler on the vita, and magic!
12. Close the homebrew and unplug the USB cable.

After running the first homebrew through Rejuvinate for unity, I didn't have to have the vita plugged into the pc, as long as they're on the same network. I did get errors if it weren't plugged in when running homebrew the first time.

NOTE: You have to refresh the PSM For Unity license every day, by opening 2 attatchments from a mail. You can gat that mail through the PSM+ pages of either wololo.net or hackinformer.com.

smvb64

Post by smvb64 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Hey, has anyone got this successfully working on a PSTV 3.20? I installed Unity/1.05 update, using the pkg installer and seem to run into a problem setting up PSM+.
I get to the part that say "Open the PSM Dev Assistant for Unity on your PSVita, then connect your PSVita to your computer"
but I have no idea how to connect it? I assume with wifi since PSTV has no USB but I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

YumYumOfTheYum

Post by YumYumOfTheYum » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:42 am

*edited original post to include a link to Squin49 and Zafothininja's guide*

Hopefully it could answer some problems some of us are still facing ..

btw, @arquliz: hey, nice guide there, how about making a new post ? I'm sure others will appreciate.
Last edited by YumYumOfTheYum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

YumYumOfTheYum

Post by YumYumOfTheYum » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 am

smvb64 wrote:Hey, has anyone got this successfully working on a PSTV 3.20? I installed Unity/1.05 update, using the pkg installer and seem to run into a problem setting up PSM+.
I get to the part that say "Open the PSM Dev Assistant for Unity on your PSVita, then connect your PSVita to your computer"
but I have no idea how to connect it? I assume with wifi since PSTV has no USB but I'm stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
I think the advantage of PSM Unity is about the wi-fi connection .. unfortunately I don't have PSTV.
Check the settings part of the CMA program (Q or OCMA) .. also this, I think
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=42237

good luck !

arcadekidflo

Post by arcadekidflo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Can we draft a list of games that have updates ? I can tell you that Fifa 14 does not have an update , i wonder about Mortal Kombat ?

arquliz

Post by arquliz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:35 pm

arcadekidflo wrote:Can we draft a list of games that have updates ? I can tell you that Fifa 14 does not have an update , i wonder about Mortal Kombat ?
Or you could just use the PSM Runtime Package, everyone should be able to start the download. If it has already been updated, you can just format the vita and the update will be available.

smvb64

Post by smvb64 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:46 pm

YumYumOfTheYum wrote:
smvb64 wrote:Hey, has anyone got this successfully working on a PSTV 3.20? I installed Unity/1.05 update, using the pkg installer and seem to run into a problem setting up PSM+.
I think the advantage of PSM Unity is about the wi-fi connection .. unfortunately I don't have PSTV.
Check the settings part of the CMA program (Q or OCMA) .. also this, I think
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=42237

good luck !
Thanks for the reply!, ill give that link a look. If I am able to get the PSTV to connect then it should follow the same steps as a vita

Phosphora

Post by Phosphora » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:04 pm

If I did this correctly then the version should be 1.00 and isn't compatible with Rejuvenate yet, correct?

Return to “Tutorials”