Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorial] How to install PSM Dev for Unity (3.20+)

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
YumYumOfTheYum

[Tutorial] How to install PSM Dev for Unity (3.20+)

Post by YumYumOfTheYum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:29 pm

This is for PSM Dev Unity packaged by Major.Tom & Mr Gas.
Credits to them, and also all you coders in the scene. Big thanks !

Without further ado ..
1 - Get the PSM Dev Unity package here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/14m16 ... METHOD.zip then unpack.
2 - Install Mozilla Thunderbird (portable version also OK, thanks pythonista for clarifying).
3 - Open the "test2.eml" file included in the package using Thunderbird then send the email to your email. You can send it to yourself, btw.
4 - Copy the directory "UNITY" into PSAVEDATA/blahblahblah/UNITY in your PSAVEDATA folder .. note blahblahblah is your device unique identifier.
5 - Then copy the package using Content Manager. It will show as PSM UNITY INSTALL (>3.20).
6 - Rebuild database before anything else (power off then R+power+PS button).
7 - Tap any game that needs updating but don't open it.
8 - Start update for the game by tapping the upper leftmost icon in that game's "page".
9 - Pause the running update (open your notification bubble in LiveArea then tap ... then "pause").
10 - Open Vita email app, then open the email sent earlier by yourself. If it's correct, you will have 2 attachments showing as images.
11 - Tap image 1 (left). An error message will appear, just close the app (NOT the error message).
12 - Re-open Vita email app, then open again that email.
13 - Tap image 2 (right). An error message will appear, just close the app (NOT the error message) just like before.
14 - Turn off Wi-Fi.
15 - Reboot.
16 - Open your notification bubble in LiveArea, then tap on the message showing failed update.
17 - ???
18 - Profit !!!

Additional notes:
- For you guys noticing 96kb (or whatever) size in the Vita content manager app after copying the save data, don't worry, it's really 27-something MB. It is shown as 96kb because apparently the Vita system did not read the size of the subfolders.
- Also, apparently you need QCMA instead of OCMA for successful file transfer (h/t Dr.GiggleZ and AlexTwolf).
- If you're on 3.30+, apparently you need to update the PSM Dev Unity app first. Just do it.
- If your Vita says "you must update the system software", just shutdown and refresh database. Restart in airplane mode (h/t tinostar91).
- Some people reported that the game update must be paused right after it is initiated, but that seems not to be the case (h/t tinostar91).
- Outlook doesn't work, Hotmail doesn't work (h/t RonnChyran and SaltySticks). For Gmail, you need to either enable 2-step verification and use app specific password, or allow access to less secure apps.
- PSM Runtime can also be used for update payload (h/t RikuKurai).
- Any game on a cart can also be used, as long as it requires an update (h/t Xplic1T).
- Edited for a few important points forgotten, 2nd edit for additional infos learned by people in this thread. Thanks, everyone!
- If this guide still fails ..
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=43907 (Thanks Squin49!)
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=43262&start=70#p394622 (h/t Zafotheninja!)

Cheers!
Advertising
Last edited by YumYumOfTheYum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

RikuKurai

Re: [Tutorial] How to install PSM Dev for Unity (3.20+)

Post by RikuKurai » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:46 pm

This is the best, simplest tutorial I've seen for this so far. Good job!
Advertising

YumYumOfTheYum

Post by YumYumOfTheYum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Hey thanks !

p0w3rUp

Post by p0w3rUp » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Hey there, I followed the instructions, but I cannot click on the "could not install" message I get after rebooting. :(

Dr.GiggleZ

Post by Dr.GiggleZ » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:18 pm

What does the error message say after rebooting it? Because I get one but I'm unable to open it/tap it
(fixed lol... I just started using QCMA instead of OpenCMA)
Last edited by Dr.GiggleZ on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:25 pm

YumYumOfTheYum wrote:- Some people reported that the game update must be paused right after it is initiated.
Completely unnecessary and I think it might even cause the C-whatever fail when you can't press the notification at all. Bottom line is that it's not required at all.

NoOne

Post by NoOne » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:27 pm

This tutorial is simply the best! Can we install other packages with this method?

Chrono2205

Post by Chrono2205 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:57 pm

does this work with 3.51?

NoOne

Post by NoOne » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Chrono2205 wrote:does this work with 3.51?
Yeah

Eduardolicious

Post by Eduardolicious » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:35 pm

worked perfectly after i wasn't quite able to follow the blownout screens in the video. updating unity now, ready for whatever's next!

Return to “Tutorials”