Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial : How to Run Ballmaze Demo On PSM

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Avidity_X

Tutorial : How to Run Ballmaze Demo On PSM

Post by Avidity_X » Tue May 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello, for those who don't know how to generate your publisher key and run the ballmaze demo, please read carefully.

Assuming you have already been approved for a publisher license and you have PSM SDK 1.21.02 installed on your desktop/laptop successfully and the dev app installed on your vita!

Make Sure PS Vita is connected to PC via Usb

1. Open PSM Publishing Utility and click on "Key Management" You should see a little icon with a key and + icon at the top (click on it) it will now ask you for a key name (NAME IT ANYTHING YOU WANT) hit OK.

2.Enter Your Sony Entertainment ID email and Put in your Password (Make sure its the psn id you applied for psm with) then click "OK" It will now generate your key.

3.In PSM Publisher Utility under "Application ID List" click on the + icon and by app.xml (browse for the BallMaze demo app.xml file) It will be located under C:/Users>Public>Public Documents>PSM>sample>demo>(BallMaze Demo)>app.xml then hit "OK"

4.Assuming you still have the PS utility open (under device list it will show your vita connected) Below at the bottom click the "Export Device Seed" it will ask to generate seed "Click Ok and save it somewhere" once that is done click on the "gold key icon" with + on it and generate the key (put in your Sony ID and Pass) then hit "OK"

5.Now if you followed the steps Correctly you will have a seed and key next to your vita device under "Device List" In PSM Utility.Now you done with that part

6.Open Windows cmd (Command Prompt) and type this "setx MSBUILDENABLEALLPROPERTYFUNCTIONS 1"
after you have done that hit enter and it will say SUCCESS : Specified Value was saved

7.Now Open Psm Studio and click file then open, go to the BallMaze demo and "double click" on the .sln file

8.At the top there will be a box that says "Playstation Mobile Simulator" click the box and choose "Playstation Vita ON" (make sure your vita is connected and psm dev app is open before doing this)

9.Now at the top Click "Run" and the game will Now install and launch on your Vita!

Hope This tutorial Helps!

Goodluck :)

Please follow me on twitter @Avidity_X
Thanks
Advertising

mambertx

Re: Tutorial : How to Run Ballmaze Demo On PSM

Post by mambertx » Tue May 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Remember to enable Wifi on the vita otherwise 808F0072 error will appear.
Advertising

neogeomvs

Post by neogeomvs » Tue May 19, 2015 8:59 pm

"setx MSBUILDENABLEALLPROPERTYFUNCTIONS 1" is the one thing i needed that the other tutorials didn't mention for win 8 haha thank you! finally got it working!

Eduardolicious

Post by Eduardolicious » Wed May 20, 2015 2:42 am

has anyone gotten approved in a while? i did the process on may 9th and im still 'in progress' i guess after hearing that its dried up for a lot of people

wonder if anyone is actually getting approved slowly, or if sony has just shut the whole thing down now

ichris26

Post by ichris26 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:16 am

Last edited by ichris26 on Thu May 21, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ch3wt0ys

Post by ch3wt0ys » Wed May 20, 2015 3:56 am

Eduardolicious wrote:has anyone gotten approved in a while? i did the process on may 9th and im still 'in progress' i guess after hearing that its dried up for a lot of people

wonder if anyone is actually getting approved slowly, or if sony has just shut the whole thing down now
Sony usually sticks to their dates, when they say something is going to end on a date, it's ending on that date. Regardless if it's a security problem.

They know PSM is a potential security problem, especially with the rush of registrations for publisher keys. While they don't want to approve everyone, they want to keep to their date. This is why verification of your progress on a PSM application is needed to get the publisher key, because they want to keep the door cracked open a bit and not slammed shut or wide open. It would be bad press if they just suddenly stop PSM out of nowhere and disregard the schedule they laid out for the official closure of the project. Lots of people would be upset, from game developers to homebrewers.

The way they're limiting the request though, or at least how I work it out in my head.
They know the date everyone slammed their servers signing up, couple got through the cracks before someone at Sony's PSM department let corporate know about the huge flush or signups, which prompted Sony to release a statement regarding the signups and the PSM projects closing date. They then took the initiative to say "it'll be hard to verify and approve every app, we need some progress from end users to send up in order for people dedicated to the project to get publishing keys".

With that, every signup on the date Wololo.net pushed the first "PSM, go signup" to the date Sony pushed the "PSM requests are out of hand, give us time to approve" statement are put on hold. They do not send you a message asking for your PSM application progress, you have to file a ticket asking about your application progress which will prompt them to ask for a screenshot of your progress. If you can supply that and it doesn't look totally fake, then you're verified after maybe a day or two.

Not too sure about signups after Sony's statement, they more than likely send you a email asking for the screenshot before you have time to wait.

But no, Sony has not shut down PSM. You can check the PSM side of their site for that information.
PSP-3001 4G : 6.20 LME-2.3
PS Vita PCH-1001 (Wifi Model) : 3.51 OFW
PS Vita PCH-1101 (3G Model) : 3.18 OFW
PS4 : 2.51 OFW

loopi18

Post by loopi18 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:05 am

ive modded a game from a tutorial in youtube with my own crappy artwork and send them a collage of screenshots at 3 am. i was approved before 9 am. Good luck

brownienz

Post by brownienz » Sat May 23, 2015 6:11 am

i keep getting this error when trying to run the ball maze demo Failed to install application on device.
(-2147418096), 0x80010010
Installing application failed.
Process error of PsmDevice.
what am i doing wrong ? never mind figured it out :) running demo now is that all i need to do now ?

Avidity_X

Post by Avidity_X » Sat May 23, 2015 10:47 am

brownienz wrote:i keep getting this error when trying to run the ball maze demo Failed to install application on device.
what am i doing wrong ? never mind figured it out :) running demo now is that all i need to do now ?
Yes that's all you need to do for now until Yifanlu releases something for the psm hack.

https://twitter.com/Avidity_X

brownienz

Post by brownienz » Sat May 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Avidity_X wrote:
brownienz wrote:i keep getting this error when trying to run the ball maze demo Failed to install application on device.
Yes that's all you need to do for now until Yifanlu releases something for the psm hack.

https://twitter.com/Avidity_X
Sweet as cheers for the reply "Avidity_X do we know if its safe to update to 3.51 and still be able to use this psm hack i updated to 3.50 just incase

Return to “Tutorials”