Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Cyber

Re: Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post by Cyber » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:55 am

disbejosh wrote:Got no clue what to do from here. Got the PSM Dev Assistant PKG on my OFW PS3 and I go to hook up my Vita up to QCMA and then as soon as I go into content manager I get you must update. I'm on 3.36, what do I do?
Sounds like an incompatible protocol is set in QCMA options, choose protocol version that matches your firmware version (see QCMA thread for details).
Disable Wi-Fi (enable airplane mode) and restart Vita so that it won't detect the newer firmware, connect it to QCMA via USB in Content Manager, leave CM running, remove USB cable from PC and insert it in PS3 connected to PSN, transfer Dev Assistant disguised as a game to Vita.
loopi18 wrote:i dont think u need the license to download the dev app to the vita, only for donwloading the demo to the vita, but this yifi dude said we dont need a license anymore
There's a developer license (which you get yourself on PSM DevPortal) and publisher license (which Sony don't give out anymore).
The former is needed to transfer PSM Dev Assistant from PS3 to Vita because it is not a DRM-free application.
The latter is not needed apparently because Yifan Lu "has us covered" whatever that means.
Advertising

Post by 11770 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:11 am

i have the psm dev on my vita and i dont have a license.^
Advertising

haxxey
Big Beholder

Post by haxxey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 am

Cyber wrote:because Yifan Lu "has us covered" whatever that means.
Something in the docs. One might even call it a "feature". It's rather obvious when you poke around in PSM Studio's settings.

At least, that's what I think Yifan means.
We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.

swit

Post by swit » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 am

Got no clue what to do from here. Got the PSM Dev Assistant PKG on my OFW PS3 and I go to hook up my Vita up to QCMA and then as soon as I go into content manager I get you must update. I'm on 3.36, what do I do?
in QCMA settings change protocol to 3.1.
Enable air plane mode on vita, turn off the console (not sleep mode, full turn off by holding power key for few seconds). Turn on Vita and connect it to PC via USB cable. You should no longer receive update prompt (at least it worked for me on 3.18 firmware).

disbejosh

Post by disbejosh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Cyber wrote:
disbejosh wrote:Got no clue what to do from here. Got the PSM Dev Assistant PKG on my OFW PS3 and I go to hook up my Vita up to QCMA and then as soon as I go into content manager I get you must update. I'm on 3.36, what do I do?
Sounds like an incompatible protocol is set in QCMA options, choose protocol version that matches your firmware version (see QCMA thread for details).
Disable Wi-Fi (enable airplane mode) and restart Vita so that it won't detect the newer firmware, connect it to QCMA via USB in Content Manager, leave CM running, remove USB cable from PC and insert it in PS3 connected to PSN, transfer Dev Assistant disguised as a game to Vita.
Downloaded it yesterday, used Hatsune Miku Project Diva F demo(PS3) as the download and then used Charles Proxy and did Map Local to the PKG. When I hit status on the PS3 it comes up as 8MB. When I go onto my PS Vita and go into CM and then do PS3 -> PS-Vita it doesn't come up under any of the items listed(Applications -> PS-Vita, PSP/Other etc).

Cyber

Post by Cyber » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:37 pm

disbejosh wrote:Downloaded it yesterday, used Hatsune Miku Project Diva F demo(PS3) as the download
PSM PKG is for Vita, but PS3 won't allow the transfer because it still 'thinks' it's a PS3 content. Redo the process with game/demo/app designed for Vita.
11770 wrote:i have the psm dev on my vita and i dont have a license.^
Yes you (your PSN account) do. Check your PSN services list on PC or PS3, you'll find PlayStation Mobile Developer Program there with PlayStation Mobile Developer Certificate inside (PlayStation Mobile Publisher License would be there too if you were manually approved by Sony).

disbejosh

Post by disbejosh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Cyber wrote:
disbejosh wrote:Downloaded it yesterday, used Hatsune Miku Project Diva F demo(PS3) as the download
PSM PKG is for Vita, but PS3 won't allow the transfer because it still 'thinks' it's a PS3 content. Redo the process with game/demo/app designed for Vita.
So if I used something like https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... HES0000100 this will it work?

irome

Post by irome » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:02 am

hi with new 4.75 ps3 firmware can transfer games or App to PSVita with lower firmware using QCMA trick???

bintqr

Post by bintqr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:18 pm

I got the tut on page 7 working (for downloading with Charles on a non custom firmware PS3) but when it comes down to transfering the game to my Vita using the QCMA USB trick, it is stating "The content has expired or the owner of the content is another player". However I am using the same PSN account for both, so I am confused. I tried re-doing the installation of PSM assistant with the Charles trick, and for that version I got the same error.

SILENT_Pavel

Post by SILENT_Pavel » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

I have discovered that PSM app has different versions. For example here is version from 18.09.2014:
18.09.2014.jpg
18.09.2014.jpg (48.62 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
current version from 2015:
2015.png
2015.png (154.92 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
so, will it work on any version or not?
vita
PCH-1008 WiFi, 3.18 OFW, 16Gb, EU PSN --> Go! Sudoku + Sports Superbikes 2 exploits.

Return to “Tutorials”