Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
chronologyte

Re: Psm assistent worked without updating for all firmwares

Post by chronologyte »

Hudson9700 wrote:Hey, can you give me more information on this? The package installer for 3.18 isn;t working right for me, so I'm trying to use your method instead. When I changed the local path in charles the vita just asks to update the firmware again.
I sent you a PM so I can try to help without making this thread any longer than need be. :)
Advertising
Ralph1611

Post by Ralph1611 »

reecey123 wrote:
Ralph1611 wrote:
reecey123 wrote:I just keep getting an error on transferring from the ps3 at the end E-80558325? also I cant pause the download on my ps3 it downloads to quickly to pause it?
I was getting the same error... I dont know what caused it. Ive heard that its because the Vita isnt activated. I dont know if this will help,but here are some steps you can take... its what worked for me.

What model is your vita? it may not matter, but when I tried to activate my vita with a 2000 vita and a 80 gb ps4... I got that error...

I gave up and sold the ps vita and returned the ps3..who only had one purpose...to activate my vita...

I found a 1000 vita and a 20gb ps3... this ps3 didnt have wifi and needed an ehternet connnection. I dont know why, but i was finally able to activate my vita.

I used updateblocker to spoof the firmware, and plugged it into the ps3 and transferred the game.
Hi Ralph :)

I'm not sure tbh whats going on my vita is on the same account as my ps3 so its not that unless of course I'm doing the qcma trick wrong, I'm not sure. Run it again past me please.

@Mercenary. I will give that ago see what happens but it seems to be the bit transferring is my issue from qcma to the ps3? Sorry m8 bottom bit not sure what you mean?
Well from what i remember, you dont need to use QCMA or openCMA when you use VITAUPDATEBLOCKER.

When you open the exe the proxy info will show up... put that info in the advanced settings of the wifi on the vita..

then select playstation nework on the vita and it should take you to a screen with your email and password.. dont sign in.. you will see on the updateblocker app the firmware has been spoofed.. plug the vita in to the PS3 and it should connect right away.. no need for an error message..

Keep this in mind... try doing this twice... once with wifi on ... another time putting the vita in flightmode after you spoof firmware...

But like i said... I never solved the problem... i gave up on that vita and used another and it worked.
Advertising
Show

Post by Show »

Is anyone else having trouble getting the app onto the vita after the Charles Proxy process? I hooked up the vita to the ps3 using qcma, and can navigate to the app, but instead of transferring, it just hangs and give eventually gives me a (Co-11019-2) error. Any ideas?

Edit: I figured that part out and got it onto the Vita. But now the vita is telling me I can't run the Dev Suite unless I update the firmware. I looked through the thread but didn't see anything. Is there a way to update the Dev Suite without updating the firmware?
Last edited by Show on Sat May 16, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazuunix9

Post by kazuunix9 »

chronologyte wrote:
kazuunix9 wrote:umm... Since this works with PSM.PKG file... Wouldn't that mean it would be possible for loading in a .pkg file you do not own, say any vita game on the PSN. The PSM.PKG file is a ZEUS file, so its DRM right? IDK I am just thinking out loud. This Proxy method is sketchy as heck... lol

When you transfer from the PS3 to the Vita, that's when the .pkg is actually being verified and installed it seems. Even though the "container" was from another app, once you start the transfer to the Vita it uses the info from the .pkg and checks to make sure it is registered to your PSN account. If the game/app is not registered to your account the transfer will fail. This is why the Vita requires you to be signed into PSN when you connect it to the PS3.
I think that it would work with any game you have on your account, but that's worthless because you can already download those to the PS3!
(This is from my own experience, some of it may not be perfectly accurate.)

On a side note, for 3.36 (which does not have public access to the package installer) you can use charles proxy to feed the Vita the update package as well. Just set up the proxy on the vita and start the update from the dev app's live area update button to get it to show in charles. I can give more detailed info if needed.
Would there be a way to spoof the .pkg checking to PSN on the PS3 to make it think its checking someone else's PSN that owns the game?( if it was a CFW ps3?) IDK I'm just thinking out loud..
Mercenary09

Post by Mercenary09 »

reecey123 wrote:
Ralph1611 wrote:
reecey123 wrote:I just keep getting an error on transferring from the ps3 at the end E-80558325? also I cant pause the download on my ps3 it downloads to quickly to pause it?
@Mercenary. I will give that ago see what happens but it seems to be the bit transferring is my issue from qcma to the ps3? Sorry m8 bottom bit not sure what you mean?
I was just trying to tell you how to pause a download quicker by using your downloads list instead of the PS Store. Nothing that great, but your real problem sounds like some activation issue when I looked it up :(
PS Vita (PCH-1001) - 3.18
Show

Post by Show »

K45 wrote:
frangarcj wrote:Can you tell us the steps?
8. install this update via package installer and you're done
Can you explain this step a with a little more detail please? I've got the Dev suite on the Vita but it's telling me it needs to be updated, then tells me I need to update the firmware. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
albie85

Post by albie85 »

KronosXLI wrote:I keep getting this error: Error MSB4185: The function "CurrentUICulture" on type "System.Globalization.CultureInfo" has not been enabled for execution. (MSB4185) (BallMazeDemo)
Any ideas?
Nevermind, found this: viewtopic.php?f=111&t=42707 .
Have you registered for a publishing licence? It maybe too late now as it ends in a couple of weeks but we had plenty of reminders
PSP 1000 6.60 PRO CFW + PANDORA BATTERY
PSVITA 3G/WIFI 3.18 CUSTOM BUBBLES! TN-V etc
PS2 SLIM FMCB
PS3 Slim 250GB E3 Flasher REBUG 4.46 Spoofed 4.66
PS4 500GB :p
:geek: :geek: :geek:
chronologyte

Post by chronologyte »

kazuunix9 wrote:Would there be a way to spoof the .pkg checking to PSN on the PS3 to make it think its checking someone else's PSN that owns the game?( if it was a CFW ps3?) IDK I'm just thinking out loud..
Your Vita would also have to be registered to that someone else's account in order to run the game.

8. install this update via package installer and you're done
For those having trouble with this step, hopefully I can help.

First set your Vita's proxy in the wifi settings to the address and port for Charles proxy.

After you have the app on your Vita there should be some buttons along the top of the launch screen.

(Sorry for the blurry photos!)
The left-most of these should check for an update and pop up a window to confirm the download
After tapping download the notification area should soon show the download, you'll want to pause this.

In charles proxy find gs.ww.np.dl.playstation.net (or create a new map for it ahead of time) and set the local map to the update package. Resume the download on the Vita and it should download/install.
Last edited by chronologyte on Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
reecey123

Post by reecey123 »

Thanks to all that messaged me to help out I appreciate that but tbh with you I have given up now, I just can't do it everything I try it errors on the PS3 transferring the package and I'm getting very tired of it all now. I'm just not man enough for the job and that's it! I hope maybe something else might come around the corner for a vita on 3.10, if this up and coming exploit is so good and may play full pkg's then I will just have to suffer and let be, it really is to much stress for my liking! also I don't even know if PS are going to give me my licence or not, its not even been confirmed for me yet its still in verified mode so it might not be worth all the stress in the end anyway.
Ralph1611

Post by Ralph1611 »

reecey123 wrote:Thanks to all that messaged me to help out I appreciate that but tbh with you I have given up now, I just can't do it everything I try it errors on the PS3 transferring the package and I'm getting very tired of it all now. I'm just not man enough for the job and that's it! I hope maybe something else might come around the corner for a vita on 3.10, if this up and coming exploit is so good and may play full pkg's then I will just have to suffer and let be, it really is to much stress for my liking! also I don't even know if PS are going to give me my licence or not, its not even been confirmed for me yet its still in verified mode so it might not be worth all the stress in the end anyway.
just get a used ps vita on 3.50...and then return it.

Return to “Tutorials”