Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to install TN-X using US Tekken 2 exploit

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
Arikdefrasia

How to install TN-X using US Tekken 2 exploit

Post by Arikdefrasia »

First you'll need to download 2 files: TN-X and the save file fix.

TN-X:
http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/8275

Save file fix:
http://hackinformer.com/DLC/Working%20Tekken2%20US.rar

Next, you'll need to copy the Tekken 2 save file from TN-X.rar to your vita folder:

Then, copy the TNV folder from the TN-X.rar directly into the PSP/SAVEGAME folder (not the Tekken folder):

Next, open the save file fix and copy ONLY the "SCEVMC0.VMP" file to the Tekken folder in PSP/SAVEDATA:

Now copy over the data like you normally would using openCMA or your preferred method of transfer.

To copy the TNV folder to your vita using openCMA you'll need to look under the PSP/ Other save data:

While the Tekken exploit is copied through Saved Data Playstation:

Now boot up Tekken 2, start survival mode and lose. After the rounds survived screen, it should then launch right into TN-X.

Many thanks to TN for the hard work and for helping me get this up and running on my vita.
Advertising
Bert960

Re: How to install TN-X using US Tekken 2 exploit

Post by Bert960 »

I have a question. What if I already have a TN-V bubble installed, do I still need to copy the TN-V folder to the Vita, or just transfer the files from the folder to the bubble's save data? Is the TN-V folder a bridge between TN-V and TN-X?
Advertising
Arikdefrasia

Post by Arikdefrasia »

Bert960 wrote:I have a question. What if I already have a TN-V bubble installed, do I still need to copy the TN-V folder to the Vita, or just transfer the files from the folder to the bubble's save data? Is the TN-V folder a bridge between TN-V and TN-X?
I haven't done a bubble yet, so I can't say for sure, but I would assume you still have to copy the TNV folder via the PSP Savedata. The TNV folder seems to be independent of TN-V itself, regardless of whether you have TN-V installed currently or not. So from what it looks like, you'll only use the actual TN-V 10 to get PS1 games onto your vita.
brainard52

Post by brainard52 »

What is the newest firmware this will function with?
reprep

Post by reprep »

brainard52 wrote:What is the newest firmware this will function with?
birthbyRIGHT

Post by birthbyRIGHT »

can it be used on 3.36?
d@rk51d3

Post by d@rk51d3 »

<facepalm>
Bobobiwan

Post by Bobobiwan »

I hace a question about Tn-X : is the PS1 emulation PERFECT ? I mean, does games run just like I bought them on the PSstore ?
I'm asking that cause I usualy swith between my accounts to play US PS1 games (euro version are crappy), but switching is a reaaly painfull operation. If I run TN-X on my euro account, will games like, for exemple, Xenogears (still not out on euro store - probably never will), run as smoothly as the official versions ? Last time I checked the PSone emulation of the TN-thing, the SOUND was very problematic...
Imnus

Post by Imnus »

Hi, I'm using a VITA (PCH-1000) with FW 3.01.

I downloaded TN-X from TN-X. I followed the instructions and transfered 'TNV' and and 'SLUS00213' (TN-X\Tekken 2\US) folders inside the TN-X.rar to my VITA using Qcma.

After that, I started 'Tekken 2' then

Survival Mode -> Lose -> After Survival Result Screen -> Black Screen -> Nothing.

So I downloaded the 'Save file fix' from here How to install TN-X using US Tekken 2 exploit, copied ONLY the 'SCEVMC0.VMP' file to the Tekken folder in PSP/SAVEDATA.

Again, I started 'Tekken 2' then

Suvival Mode -> Lose -> After Survival Result Screen -> Flash White Screen -> Flash Green Screen -> TV-X Starts

then on the 'TN-X by Total_Noob' Screen

Press X on the selected Game -> Black Screen -> after a couple seconds comes a prompt

--------------------------------------------------
Cannot access the memory card.

OK

It goes the same way for both 'Digimon World' and 'Metal Slug X'.
Arikdefrasia

Post by Arikdefrasia »

Imnus wrote: Press X on the selected Game -> Black Screen -> after a couple seconds comes a prompt

Cannot access the memory card.

OK

It goes the same way for both 'Digimon World' and 'Metal Slug X'.
I haven't figured that part out yet. I get the same thing for all my ps1 games except psn store bought ones, I actually haven't touched my vita since since I didn't feel like figuring it out at the time.

Edit: From what I've been reading, you have to install the ps1 game through TN-V first to have it work on TN-X. So FTP transfer will not work.

Return to “Tutorials”