Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
blackric

Re: Activating your PlayStation/Vita TV *without* updating!

Post by blackric »

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the guide. Worked like a charm on my playstation tv. I can confirm that Talkman Tokyo doesn't work so I used Patapon 1 instead which works.
Advertising
Judahel

Post by Judahel »

My vita tv has arrived today with firmware 3.20.
The question is :

I have 2 ps vita one exploited with firmware 3.18 and one with official 3.35

If i switch the memcard from my 3.18 vita to the vita tv 3.20 can i still play with the games i have without activating the vita tv? (ok the aswer is no,i red the op) If not, is there a method for who doesn't have a ps3? (it seemes is a no here too) and is the ps3 method still working? (edit.yes it worked.)
last question is....what people that don't have an internet connection can do with vita tv?
Advertising
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

:) Hey guys, it's been a helluva while. Been busy.

Well, a little update on my PSTV! TN-V games are doing great like always, and I managed to get neogeo and capcom emulation games to work on adhoc mode for 2 players. Win! Thanks to reprep. Gotta give the guy credit. (big high-fives for you) Some Vita games like FFX HD, UMvC3, NfSMW, all still don't want to load up except Killzone Mercenary and Ragnarok Odyssey. Have to find out why.

And well that's about it, nothing new. Wished PSOne loader would work though, but oh well.. we gotta wait for a fix.
Judahel wrote:"can i still play with the games i have without activating the vita tv?"
I don't think you can until you manage to get a PSN game from PSN and getting your PSTV activated.
"is there a method for who doesn't have a ps3?"
I'm afraid there isn't. There was a method initially when the PSTV US versions were out, but it was fixed pretty quick, sadly. So we are left with very little options except a unhacked PS3 to help activate.
"is the ps3 method still working?"
The PS3 method is still working for sure.
"what people that don't have an internet connection can do with vita tv?"
Nothing much, really..... but I think you could load up some PSVita games from carts though. But to transfer videos, music, use apps, and pics wirelessly from PC, PS3.. you need to connect and then there's force update.. you have to give in to the digital world pretty much if you want to explore more with your PSTV lol. Good luck, Judahel.
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A
Judahel

Post by Judahel »

Thx for the answers . i've succesfully activated my ps tv with my friend's ps3. If i can ask is there a way to transfer savedata within psp games from pc to vita without ps3 or i need the same method even with an activated ps tv?
reprep

Post by reprep »

you can transfer save games from psp to vita without a ps3. PC will be enough.
Judahel

Post by Judahel »

i mean if i can transfer from pc to vita the savedata with install.zip containing tn-v 10 without a ps3 and after succesfully activated vita tv.

Edit: yes you can.

LAN+VITAUPDATEBLOCKER+QCMA this what i did
Rudra

Post by Rudra »

Hello,
i was wondering if it's possible to activate a 1.06 vita?
I think i have try everything, am i doing something wrong?

Edit: oops sorry, thank you Chihuahua
Last edited by Rudra on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chihuahua

Post by chihuahua »

Rudra wrote:Hello,
i was wondering if it's possible to activate a 1.06 vita?
I think i have try everything, am i doing something wrong?

this is a topic for vita TV, you should start your own thread, but to keep it short... you will need a ps3 to activate a 1.06 vita.
2 x Vita TV PVE-1000 - 3.18/3.18
4 x Vita 1000 - 1.80/3.18/3.18/3.18 kiosk
1 x Vita 2000 - 3.18
PS3 Slim 320gb OFW
PS3 Phat 40gb CFW 4.55 Rogero
PS4 White 500gb
hudavendigar

Post by hudavendigar »

Wonderful OP!

I was totally out of the market for a Vita TV after the proxy method stopped working, but this solution will work forever right? So I can get a Vita TV when I go to America in Xmas, and be able to run my exploits on it using my PS3?
NeonAera

Post by NeonAera »

By around xmas, theres a very high chance you'll end up getting a high firmware like 3.35 and above. :) Sorry, but you need to scrap that idea and get one now asap, because most of them out there are still 3.20, but time is running out.. new shipments will probably be at 3.30 or 3.35. Good luck. :)

..and as for the vita and ps3 activation trick, it may not work forever, I think.. its only perhaps a matter of time until Sony finds a way to patch things up like they did with proxy, gamesave exploits, and webkits if they put some serious effort in upping the security if they wanted to, but then again, we have some excellent devs, so with ps3-psvita transferring vulnerbilities, maybe they wouldn't bother. Who knows. I seriously hope they don't do anything drastic.
▬ PSVita 1000 » OFW 3.60 → TaiHEN, Adrenaline [Talkman Travel: Tokyo]
▬ PSTV » OFW 3.20 → TN-V [Patapon 2]
▬ PSP Street E1000
▬ PSPgo » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 3000 » CFW 6.60 → PRO-C
▬ PSPslim 2000 » CFW 5.50 → Prometheus
▬ PSP 1000 » CFW 3.40 → OE-A

Return to “Tutorials”