All IDUs (Internal Demonstration Units) are programmed to autoshutdown themselfs after 5 minutes of not
being connected to a power source and on the other side boot automatically if the power is restored.
This function is implemented to shutdown the Vita after closing time of your favourite gaming Store
and restart it the next day. It just gives the Vita time to cool down and extends the lifetime.
Attention: IDUs additionally check everytime they boot for a SystemUpdate and will install it without any user operation!!
(as long as they are connected to Wifi)
So of course you could keep your Vita connected to power the whole time but.. yeaaah '-'
This is how to do it:
- Turn off your Vita completely
- Connect the powercable -> the vita should start into DemoMode
- Deactivate the DemoMode by pressing and holding L + R + UP + START for 5 seconds
- Press the Power Button to standby your Vita and wait till the blue led is completely off
- Disconnect the cable and wake up your Vita
Tested on 2.61, 3.01, 3.15 and 3.18 so far
(IDUs with older 1.XX firmwares doesn't autoshutdown in the unlocked mode!!!)