Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to: Manually updating to another PS Vita Firmware

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
dukemagus

Re: How to: Manually updating to another PS Vita Firmware

Post by dukemagus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:01 am

Sent him another tweet. let's wait and hope for the best.
Advertising

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:28 pm

wezlypipz wrote:I would definitely love to have a 3.18 firmware file hosted as I need to update my PS Vita from 3.15 to 3.18. Thank you in advance!
Same here.
Advertising
PS VIta Slim 3.18
PS Vita Phat 3.52
PS3 Slim 60GB
PS3 CECHA01 1TB

james194zt

Post by james194zt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 am

Guys,

I took a gamble, i downloaded the current firmware 3.52 so that I could compare file size and then downloaded what was hopefully 3.18 from http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWA ... -318.shtml.

I checked and the file from softpedia was 10Mb ish smaller than 3.52 so I was definetly not installing 3.52, as I know the Vita checks sigantures etc... so even if the file was potentially dodgy in some way I knew these checks would fail and not brick the Vita so I gave it a go using the PS3 Proxy method on the first post in the hidden sections.

To be safe I downloaded the XML file and changed all references to 3.52 to 3.18 (more to keep my mind at ease that the version number was coming from the XML file and not the PUP) which it was and spoofed that file as well as the firmware just to make sure that the version did change and it did.

I can confirm I am now on 3.18 from what was originally 3.01, so if you follow that post and use the above link you should be good to go whilst The Z web site is offline.

Hope it helps

James
PS Vita 3.60 with Taihen
PSP 1001 - 6.60 Pro CFW - died may it RIP
PS3 Slim CECH2001 - Rebug 4.81 and E3 flasher installed
Xbox 360 Trinity Slim - Xecuter Coolrunner 2 + Matrix Trident tri nand

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:54 pm

james194zt wrote:Guys,

I took a gamble, i downloaded the current firmware 3.52 so that I could compare file size and then downloaded what was hopefully 3.18 from http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWA ... -318.shtml.

I checked and the file from softpedia was 10Mb ish smaller than 3.52 so I was definetly not installing 3.52, as I know the Vita checks sigantures etc... so even if the file was potentially dodgy in some way I knew these checks would fail and not brick the Vita so I gave it a go using the PS3 Proxy method on the first post in the hidden sections.

To be safe I downloaded the XML file and changed all references to 3.52 to 3.18 (more to keep my mind at ease that the version number was coming from the XML file and not the PUP) which it was and spoofed that file as well as the firmware just to make sure that the version did change and it did.

I can confirm I am now on 3.18 from what was originally 3.01, so if you follow that post and use the above link you should be good to go whilst The Z web site is offline.

Hope it helps

James
Please take a look here for more info: http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-v ... r-dummies/ under "Manually Updating to any firmware from a lower firmware". I recommend that you not fool with the xml file. It is dynamic and it caused me no end of frustration and hours of wasted time, and oh by the way, it is not necessary. It said I was getting 3.52, I got 3.18. No problem. Thanks for the help. Hopefully the server will be back up some time and you won't have to mess with this.

dukemagus

Post by dukemagus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:48 am

ZLOAD IS BACK!

THANK YOU ZETT! THANK YOU!

wezlypipz

Post by wezlypipz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I was able to get the 3.18 firmware off of Softpedia and update with qCMA. However, now that I'm on 3.18 I am having a hard time getting an exploited game onto my 3.18 PS Vita. I have a Playstation 3 and another Vita, but no matter how I try to get the exploit games on I keep getting prompted to update. Has anyone figured a way around this?

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:35 pm

I was having a similar problem. Put it in airplane mode, reboot and make sure that the qCMA protocol is set to 3.10. That fixed it for me.
PS VIta Slim 3.18
PS Vita Phat 3.52
PS3 Slim 60GB
PS3 CECHA01 1TB

wezlypipz

Post by wezlypipz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi VitaLingGM

I did that, but for some reason I don't get the PC disconnected error that most walkthroughs mention. Instead, I can bypass the first software update check by doing this, but after it says do you want to update via USB, WiFi, or PS3 so I choose USB and then it checks and boom software update again. I'm going to try it again this evening and reinstall qCMA again and see if that makes a difference.

VitaLingGM

Post by VitaLingGM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:00 pm

Right. I wish I could tell you that I had it solved, but my frustration level is high as well. The only thing I would say is to hang in there. Don't be quick to format (as I was) and when in doubt, reboot (Vita and PC) and try again. I still am not convinced it is all worth it, but every time I am ready to give up and update, I get it working. Cheers. Rest assured, there are much smarter folks than I who will hopefully chime in.
PS VIta Slim 3.18
PS Vita Phat 3.52
PS3 Slim 60GB
PS3 CECHA01 1TB

wezlypipz

Post by wezlypipz » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:31 pm

Thanks...and yeah I may keep at it. I have a Vita that is already on official firmware, but I really wanted to use this other vita for PSP games that weren't on PSN and emulators and such. I'm gonna try this again and if nothing, just hang in there. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Tutorials”