Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial for creating videos for the PSVita

Post here your guides, tips, how-to, etc...
jayfelice

Re: Tutorial for creating videos for the PSVita

Post by jayfelice »

Alright, now I ran into a new problem. I'm getting green screen in videos even tho I have my settings, set exactly like how the topic starter has. It was working for a bit, but now all of a sudden its not. Can I have audio at 400 percent in videos or is that what is causing the green screen? Vita doesn't want you to go that loud maybe? While Handbrake and XVIDpsp are similar, I noticed XVID is capable of making tiny tiny video files at high def quality. I got a whole hd movie 700meg in file size, but now that it seems to have stopped working and I'm getting a green screen it's kind of depressing.
Advertising
thebudds

Post by thebudds »

jayfelice wrote:Alright, now I ran into a new problem. I'm getting green screen in videos even tho I have my settings, set exactly like how the topic starter has. It was working for a bit, but now all of a sudden its not. Can I have audio at 400 percent in videos or is that what is causing the green screen? Vita doesn't want you to go that loud maybe? While Handbrake and XVIDpsp are similar, I noticed XVID is capable of making tiny tiny video files at high def quality. I got a whole hd movie 700meg in file size, but now that it seems to have stopped working and I'm getting a green screen it's kind of depressing.
Can you remember what you were doing when this started happening?.. or maybe check the settings to see if anything is out of place. Also, try different files to see if it's not the problem itself.
Advertising
Faltimar

Post by Faltimar »

I didnt realize converting video was such a troubling thing. I just use Aiseesoft Total Media Converter. Its never let me down and its extremely easy to use.
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

Faltimar wrote:I didnt realize converting video was such a troubling thing. I just use Aiseesoft Total Media Converter. Its never let me down and its extremely easy to use.
It is if you want to get the best quality possible with the lowest file size possible. This method he shows enables you to get great quality with small file sizes.
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

thebudds wrote:
jayfelice wrote:Alright, now I ran into a new problem. I'm getting green screen in videos even tho I have my settings, set exactly like how the topic starter has. It was working for a bit, but now all of a sudden its not. Can I have audio at 400 percent in videos or is that what is causing the green screen? Vita doesn't want you to go that loud maybe? While Handbrake and XVIDpsp are similar, I noticed XVID is capable of making tiny tiny video files at high def quality. I got a whole hd movie 700meg in file size, but now that it seems to have stopped working and I'm getting a green screen it's kind of depressing.
Can you remember what you were doing when this started happening?.. or maybe check the settings to see if anything is out of place. Also, try different files to see if it's not the problem itself.
Here is a screenshot, also I can't set stuff at 16:9 because aspect ratio gets distorted then.

thebudds

Post by thebudds »

Your settings look good...it might be the source video and whatever codecs used in converting the video. Could I ask the filetype of the video?

To answer some other points of yours, custom volume level really doesn't make a difference just only in the way it sounds (cracking, distortion, etc.) If you like the way it sounds, it works for you. Also I don't think the sound is the problem if you said you were making videos beforehand.

I also plan on updating my tutorial since with the 2.00 firmware update, you can now make files using AVC profile level 4.1 along with making 1080p videos (good for storage or if you watch them off the ps3 like I do :D )
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

thebudds wrote:Your settings look good...it might be the source video and whatever codecs used in converting the video. Could I ask the filetype of the video?

To answer some other points of yours, custom volume level really doesn't make a difference just only in the way it sounds (cracking, distortion, etc.) If you like the way it sounds, it works for you. Also I don't think the sound is the problem if you said you were making videos beforehand.

I also plan on updating my tutorial since with the 2.00 firmware update, you can now make files using AVC profile level 4.1 along with making 1080p videos (good for storage or if you watch them off the ps3 like I do :D )
Yeah, I spend enough money on my Vita. I'm stick with the 1.81 firmware with hack mad blocker. I can't update because Sony keeps patching too quickly for my taste. The source shouldn't be the problem because I did encode this (.m2ts) file already but went back to encode it again because I didn't like audio gain 200, I felt I wanted louder audio for 400 gain. Also the m2ts file I'm using is a bluray rip that I ripped myself personally, I own this bluray movie. Could this be harddrive related? Could my harddrive or graphics card be going bad on my computer? Or would I notice video problems elsewhere like in Vlc media player if that way the case? Its happening my Vita... Maybe its a Vita problem? Bad Memory card in Vita? Vita built poorly?
DarkLegend

Post by DarkLegend »

thanks!!!! very helpful
jayfelice

Post by jayfelice »

Found solution to my Video problem, I just created black borders at the bottom but it says video has errors in it but the video plays fine on my Vita now. What are the percentage mean when it claims error in video? Does that mean part of the video is probably getting cut off? The audio is still bad tho, sounds bad when I have it set at 400 percent on some videos when I went to hear more on the vita without wearing headphones. Kind of weird... Well, I think its because the audio source from the Superman Man of steel trailer is just whacked. Because the bluray I ripped audio sounds perfectly fine work perfect at 400 source. Or maybe its because the Superman Trailer is already loud enough that it didn't need to be set at 400... Who knows.
nouchi

Post by nouchi »

thank you for this tuto. So nice too watch movie on psv!

Return to “Tutorials”