Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose, etc

Underground PS4 discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
wololo
Site Admin

Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose, etc

Post by wololo »

Here's a centralized topic for those of you trying to run BadIRET or dlclose, and Linux on your 1.76 PS4. Feel free to post resources, etc...

Don't post questions about piracy, homebrew, etc... this thread is for people with reasonable coding skills who are trying to get BadIRET to work on their device. Thanks
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
minilgos

how to start browser on 1.76 without connecting to psn?

Post by minilgos »

Hi all. A few years ago I had fun compiling and running a 3D ogre demo on ps3 fw 2.01 under linux. I would like to see if something similar can be done with ps4 fw 1.76. But I'm just starting and blocked by immediate silly things.

- I purchased a fw 1.70 ps4. I absolutely did nothing with it, not even connect to internet or enter any psn account.
- I upgraded it to 1.76 with a usb stick. I still refrain from connecting it to internet but i can connect it to a wi-fi routeur connected only to a web server named kws on android (loadiine works well on it)

When i start ps4 browser it says I need to connect to psn to connect through network (NP-31734-8) with a nice button to connect to PSN. Any suggestions?
Advertising
minilgos

To bypass browser request to connect to psn

Post by minilgos »

Hi. About my previous request for help about browser requesting psn login, I've found this on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/co ... _wifi_tos/

People with a playstation in hotels are blocked by the browser request to connect to psn first (because they need to sign in some hotel form first in order to access internet)

Apparently, if you go to settings, then ask for the 'user guide' it starts the browser
in a hotel that should bring up a sign in form built by hotel proxy, but in our case it will say page not found (WV-33898-1) because we don't allow access to internet where the user guide page is, probably.

that seems a good way to prevent the browser from asking for psn connection.
now we just need a way to simulate the hotel proxy and 'user guide' url and redirect browser to CURT playground
(i suppose)
fx0day

Re: PRogress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, etc...

Post by fx0day »

Hi there ,

I've made some modifications to TCPDump and Wifi-Loader .

You can now choose ip/port/file these are no more hardcoded ...

C:\work>TCPDump
Usage: TCPdump PORT FILE
Ex: TCPdump 9023 log.bin
C:\work>Wifi-Loader
Usage: WIFI-Loader IP PORT FILE
Ex: WIFI-Loader 192.168.0.14 9023 payload.bin

You can find sources here : https://github.com/fx0day
or
Download Windows Binaries here : https://mega.nz/#!WcwAyKab!dbGFWXLL7wjZ ... jFwoJLILzo
wololo
Site Admin

Re: PRogress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, etc...

Post by wololo »

Thanks!
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
fx0d

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, etc...

Post by fx0d »

@ minilgos :

I'am in the same boat coz i never launched browser with Psn ...

But you can still launch PS4-Playground :

Download SKFU Proxy
Go to Dns server
Add new rule : source manuals.playstation.net Target : Ip of your local http webserver on your network.

The path of index should be like this (don't forget to change language path (fr for me ):
www\document\fr\ps4\index.html

Just go to user guide and you'll see the PS4-Playground ;)

And of course don't forget to change DNS server on PS4 (ip of the computer running SKFU proxy)
minilgos

Re: to bypass psn login request

Post by minilgos »

Thanks!
Merci!
(fr for me too, hehe)
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

fx0d wrote:@ minilgos :

I'am in the same boat coz i never launched browser with Psn ...

But you can still launch PS4-Playground :

Download SKFU Proxy
Go to Dns server
Add new rule : source manuals.playstation.net Target : Ip of your local http webserver on your network.

The path of index should be like this (don't forget to change language path (fr for me ):
www\document\fr\ps4\index.html

Just go to user guide and you'll see the PS4-Playground ;)

And of course don't forget to change DNS server on PS4 (ip of the computer running SKFU proxy)
Your steps really helped me out last night, downloaded the repo from github onto my Raspberry Pi and somehow got everything running! While your instructions were very helpful I thought I'd share a little more about what worked for me.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 2, running Minibian Jessie revision, (a lot of people just use Raspian or use the Wheezy release I've noticed, I doubt it matters though. I was able to download ps4-playground using the command listed on the readme of the repo. After installing apache2 using the command "sudo apt-get install apache2 -y" you'll need to make a few more folders within the directory /var/www/html. I made the mistake of disregarding the "\document\fr\ps4\index.html" path listed above but that part is very important. You will need to make sure you have the path /var/www/html/document/en/ps4 (while making sure en is changed to your respective language), and the paste everything from within the PS4-Playground folder into the ps4 folder. So in the end, instead of the PS4 going to manuals.playstation.net/documents/en/ps4/index.html it now goes to 192.168.X.X/documents/en/ps4/index.html.

Using SKFU's Proxy tool to make a DNS Server to redirect any requests from manuals.playstation.net to whatever the IP of your server is will now allow you to run the ps4 playground. Just make sure you disable your firewall, I didn't realize that for a while and was very confused why the utility wasn't redirecting the manuals.playstation.net request to my local server.

This is as far as I got last night. I'm writing this all while still half asleep but maybe this weekend if I'm motivated enough I'll write a tutorial for those interested. That should be a lot more strait forward and I would go into much more detail on how to set up the server including pictures.
nzaar9

Post by nzaar9 »

Even though i downloaded the latest PS4-Playground, i still can't execute any code on my ps4 and the error "Not enough memory ****" keep showing, don't know why, anyone had success executing code ??
fx0day

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by fx0day »

you got this because you're trying to execute a non-executable page of memory, or try to write to a non-writable page of memory ...

Btw you should be able to run badiret , dlclose exploit or others cool things :D

Return to “Programming and Security”