Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose, etc

Underground PS4 discussions
Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
fx0day
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by fx0day » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:42 pm

If you had "There is not enough free system memory" you have to reboot your Ps4 to get code executing properly ...

-Reboot your Ps4
-Launch PS4-Playground (last version)
-Just click on Load in the Linux loader

With of course your Fat32 Usb key with bZimage & initramfs.cpio.gz

It should work ;)
Advertising

guck
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by guck » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:06 pm

fx0day wrote:If you had "There is not enough free system memory" you have to reboot your Ps4 to get code executing properly ...

-Reboot your Ps4
-Launch PS4-Playground (last version)
-Just click on Load in the Linux loader

With of course your Fat32 Usb key with bZimage & initramfs.cpio.gz

It should work ;)
THX for your answer, but ...
nope! not here.

I've removed power completely. Plugged it in again startet the PS4 and browser.
Loaded playground (latest version).
Just clicked "Load!" with my fat32 usb key containing the files.
Still "There is not enough free system memory".

Refreshing the page, browsing and dumping of files work. But never get a payload running.
Advertising

User avatar
HarmfulMushroom
Posts: 755
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:45 pm

guck wrote:
fx0day wrote:If you had "There is not enough free system memory" you have to reboot your Ps4 to get code executing properly ...

-Reboot your Ps4
-Launch PS4-Playground (last version)
-Just click on Load in the Linux loader

With of course your Fat32 Usb key with bZimage & initramfs.cpio.gz

It should work ;)
THX for your answer, but ...
nope! not here.

I've removed power completely. Plugged it in again startet the PS4 and browser.
Loaded playground (latest version).
Just clicked "Load!" with my fat32 usb key containing the files.
Still "There is not enough free system memory".

Refreshing the page, browsing and dumping of files work. But never get a payload running.
And you are trying to do this on a 1.76 firmware PS4, right?

guck
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by guck » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Right its 1.76. Used some time ago with some games and fixes/patches for those.

Actually I got it running now.
But I had to wipe the system.
A simple update of 1.76 again did not do the trick,
but the safemode [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)] with the PS4UPDATE.PUP (RECovery) http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/1.760.000

Ok I've lost my PSN account on the system but now I was able to use the manual and browse to the playground.
Linux boots!

EDIT: And by the way... using SKFU's pr0xy for redirecting "http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... index.html"
to a local hosted playground works well (yeah, no surprise but never read it here ;))
But be sure to block all other traffic.

fx0day
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by fx0day » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:31 pm

guck wrote: EDIT: And by the way... using SKFU's pr0xy for redirecting "http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... index.html"
to a local hosted playground works well (yeah, no surprise but never read it here ;))
But be sure to block all other traffic.
So you didn't read the first page of this topic :lol:

Btw happy for you that you got it working ;)

guck
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by guck » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:44 pm

fx0day wrote:
guck wrote: EDIT: And by the way... using SKFU's pr0xy for redirecting "http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... index.html"
to a local hosted playground works well (yeah, no surprise but never read it here ;))
But be sure to block all other traffic.
So you didn't read the first page of this topic :lol:

Btw happy for you that you got it working ;)
yeah got me :oops:

My eyes had filters for "There is not enough free system memory" while reading these pages :mrgreen:

Orgad1992
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose,

Post by Orgad1992 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 am

Have a problem, it works for me, but i see a 7/8 of the screen of that. I mean the resouloution not good when i do this. Why? Had lg 50 inch smart tv.

mehrdadlaghaie20
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Progress/Help on PS4 hacking, running BadIRET, dlclose, etc

Post by mehrdadlaghaie20 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 pm

I enabled the idu and incorrectly got the update 5.55 now how can I get the device back to its first state

Post Reply

Return to “Programming and Security”