Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New ps4 comer questions about homebrew

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
BassemAmr

New ps4 comer questions about homebrew

Post by BassemAmr »

First of all sorry if i seem naive
But i have a couple of questions regarding the 5.05 exploit as im planning to get the pro version and jailbreak it

1: i know that the reason of disabling internet is to prevent updates, but does this mean that i wont be able to use the internet at, (netflix, youtube, stuff like that)

2: if later i decide to go legit and play online games, will i be able to reflash the ps4 with an original firmware so i can access psn and play online games

Thanks for all the help in advance
Advertising
simonizer

Re: New ps4 comer questions about homebrew

Post by simonizer »

1: You will be able to use the internet browser, but you won't be able to use applications like Netflix, YouTube etc. But you could still access these services with the internet browser. (Haven't tried that though.)
2: You can always update to an official firmware to do that. But you won't be able to go back to 5.05. So you would have to wait for another exploit. It's either latest firmware (with benefits like online play) or older firmware (with HEN/jailbreak).
Advertising
BassemAmr

Post by BassemAmr »

Thanks very much for clearing this up
One more question how can i that controller with device wasn't swapped with fake, is it referenced in package so i can matcg or things that gives that away right on

Thanks again
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

BassemAmr wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm One more question how can i that controller with device wasn't swapped with fake, is it referenced in package so i can matcg or things that gives that away right on
This sentence doesn't make sense to me.
BassemAmr

Post by BassemAmr »

Sorry bout that typing through phone with big thumbs, how can i know that the controller within the ps4 package is authentic, coz around this part of the world it can be replaced with a high copy one, so my question is the controller is referenced in manual or at the back of the box or something like that

Return to “General”