Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Help PS4 Account

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
ROOKI3

Help PS4 Account

Post by ROOKI3 »

First thanks for any help in advance.
I have two ps4s, one for my kids and one for myself and one account (mine). We were able to play all the games just fine. I had my primary on theirs. When 4.00 came out I can't play any of my games. I can't even update my PS4, tried normal and safe mode. I even called sony, must format and do fresh install they said. I don't want to do that, it takes for ever to download all my games. Any way I can log on to activate my ps4 which is on 3.55? I'm no longer gonna play ps4 online, going to pc (don't need to pay to play online).
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: Help PS4 Account

Post by fate6 »

There might be some proxy or something to bypass the update but I don't know if they work past the one week limit the Vita had.
You have tried updating from USB right? that might work tho then you lose any chance of mods of course.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ROOKI3

Post by ROOKI3 »

@fate6
yeah i tried usb nothing works. I even formatted my system and tried like sony said and use the big update file like I did with 3.55 because I installed a 2tb drive. The thing is even trying it with 4.00 it didn't take. I got ce-35888-2 code, which is strange because my blu ray drive works fine, I installed wwe16. Besides all my games are digital only used blu ray drive with wwe to test it. Now I can't play any off my games because I deleted them and can't get online to download them back on my 3.55 system.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

ROOKI3 wrote:@fate6
yeah i tried usb nothing works. I even formatted my system and tried like sony said and use the big update file like I did with 3.55 because I installed a 2tb drive. The thing is even trying it with 4.00 it didn't take. I got ce-35888-2 code, which is strange because my blu ray drive works fine, I installed wwe16. Besides all my games are digital only used blu ray drive with wwe to test it. Now I can't play any off my games because I deleted them and can't get online to download them back on my 3.55 system.
I'm trying to think outside the box a little bit.. This will be weird, but maybe try installing the 3.55 update via usb once again? I would think that should work just fine, and that might give you insight as to whether it might just be an issue with your usb?

Another thing to possible try is rebuilding the data base? I highly doubt that will do anything but I mean at the very least it couldn't hurt?
ROOKI3

Post by ROOKI3 »

I tried that to make sure my usb drive is working but it wouldn't see 3.55 even though I used same drive and still had the 3.55 files on it. So I tried 4.00 and it won't update it sees it but I get ce35888-2 code. I'm still on 3.55 my system works it just doesn't want me to update I guess lol.
I also tried rebuilding data base (it was the first thing I did b4 formatting) and didn't work.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

ROOKI3 wrote:I tried that to make sure my usb drive is working but it wouldn't see 3.55 even though I used same drive and still had the 3.55 files on it. So I tried 4.00 and it won't update it sees it but I get ce35888-2 code. I'm still on 3.55 my system works it just doesn't want me to update I guess lol.
I also tried rebuilding data base (it was the first thing I did b4 formatting) and didn't work.
Bummer... And one other thing, only because you didn't explicitly state you have it set up this way, you have a FAT32 formatted USB stick and have the update in the folder structure PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDAT.PUP?

I only ask because you say that 3.55 isn't showing up at all when you should be able to both see it and install it. Other than that my last suggestion is trying a different USB drive. But kind of grasping at straws now, can't think of anything else...
ROOKI3

Post by ROOKI3 »

Yes it's fat32 and yes have it set up correctly. Looks like I'll be calling sony again. I'll try another usb but don't think that's the problem since it sees 4.00, the 3.55 part is strange.

UPDATE: sony can't figure what is going on unless i send it in for repair ($150). Only way i could get it to update was by unplugging my blu ray drive and update worked. I now have to download all my digital games over 1tb guess i'll have to leave my system on for a few days to download everything again. It's strange that i got that error code since i never use my blu ray drive as all my games are digital. Sony rep they'll fix the drive and comes with a 90 day warranty, I said heck no $150 for a refurbished drive and only 90 days and what if next update i have the same problems cause the drive fails again let me guess $150 again heck no i'm glad i'm getting into pc gaming i told him. free to play online and much better.

Return to “General”