Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS4 Remote Play crashes my internet

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
t34p075

PS4 Remote Play crashes my internet

Post by t34p075 »

I am having the weirdest issue. Whenever I connect to my PS4 via remote play from my Vita, my home internet connection dies. I have a relatively slow internet connection at home (4 Mbps), but as both devices are connected to my home network, I don't see how the internet connection would matter. Remote Play itself works great, good framerate and no connection issues, but it's annoying that I can't access the internet while using Remote Play.

Things I have tried:

-new router. I used to have a high-end Linksys which I replaced with an Apple Time Capsule. Neither had any issues with anything else.
-resetting the internet connection-I've unplugged my internet modem while using remote play, waiting 30 seconds, and plugged it back in. No difference
-calling ISP-they were kind enough to monitor my traffic while I was using Remote Play, and did not see any sort of spike when I turned it on, or anything that would be an issue
-restarting Vita/PS4-tried restarting both systems, this does not solve it either
-updated Vita/PS4-I've made sure that both systems are running current software, it doesn't matter

The issue happens when I am in a game, or out of one. I can use remote play with my modem unplugged, so it does not appear to be passing any traffic over the internet. PS4 is hard wired into my network. I tried connecting via wifi to my home network, same thing happens.

Even more interesting-I turned on direct connect to vita in remote play options on the PS4, thinking this would stop the issue since it's no longer using my network at all. I deleted my wifi from the Vita to make sure it wasn't using the home network, and I still lose my internet connection almost immediately after starting remote play.

I figure if anyone can help me figure this out, it will be the group on this site. I've talked to Sony and they say it's my ISP. I called the ISP and they say there is no extra traffic when I turn on remote play. And round and round it goes...
Advertising

Return to “General”