Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Are you Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum

How Many People Are Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Yes i am tired of it
43%
No i like them taking my money and giving me less
6%
I just do not care chill out man =D
18%
I agree i want to stay a Retro Gamer
12%
I will not be buying the PS4 or the Xbox 720
20%

Total votes: 49

NNNRT

Re: Are you Sick Of Gaming Companys Ripping Us Off?

Post by NNNRT »

Acid_Snake wrote:
NNNRT wrote: Okay, PS2 emulation only. :mrgreen:
even so the compatibility will be similar to non BC PS3s, around 30%
But as hgoel said, 30% is better than nothing. :P
Advertising
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

NNNRT wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
NNNRT wrote: Okay, PS2 emulation only. :mrgreen:
even so the compatibility will be similar to non BC PS3s, around 30%
But as hgoel said, 30% is better than nothing. :P
But as jc said (or I think she did), 30% is not good enough for Sony. If only partial PS2 emulation is released officially, a lot of people will start asking why doesn't their favorite game, or some other game, or whatever work. If Sony cannot meet these demands, it's bad publicity: hey, you can run some PS2 titles, but most don't actually work.
Next part comes that some developers may also ask why is there no support for their titles, or demand compensation that their game is not marketed as well as other PS2 games are.
Next part is that including the PS2 emulator will raise the overall complexity of the software. More features, more code needing to be written, more possibilities for exploits, more flaws in the firmware to fix, more exploits. Good for hackers, sure, but not good for Sony as it also may lead to overall slower firmwares and the need to release updates way more often than they're able to.
These are of course some very broad generalizations. Take them with a grain of salt.
And after all: why include a PS2 emulator in the firmware when you have bought an entire cloud-based gaming platform, namely Gaikai. Why create a competitor to it yourself, which will most likely be a security nuisance, when running Gaikai is already expensive enough. Keep in mind, the servers have upkeep costs, there's R&D costs, and I don't believe it is operational at this point in time (or at least I saw no such mention on their website). And on top, Gaikai is an amazing excuse to push for always-on connectivity on the PSV/PS4.
As far as emulating other consoles go, I do not think we'll see anything more than PS1 and PSP on the Vita. Everything else: PS2, PS3 and PS4, will be streamed onto the Vita, either with the help of a PS4, or directly via Gaikai later down the line.
Advertising
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

But, but... :cry:

Imma make a console that emulates all devices ever made! :twisted: :mrgreen:
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

Isn't that called PC? :lol:
DMTea

Post by DMTea »

NNNRT wrote:But, but... :cry:

Imma make a console that emulates all devices ever made! :twisted: :mrgreen:

SONY HAS SERVERS THAT RUN THE GAMES. This means hardware is unlimited on their end, thus no LAG (aside from network lag) and FULL EMULATION.

What's better, wasting thousands of man hours on partial emulation on dedicated hardware or flawless emulators running on an insane multi core server which can be upgraded at will.

YES EVERY GAME can be playable, just not natively. Sony announced this with day one. YOU'RE GOING TO GET FULL BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY BE HAPPY!

A server has more power than a stand alone pc withan emulator running on it...

For example YouTube streams me 1080P content, I honestly can't tell you the difference between a 1080P source or a streamed one because the quality is enough to please. Since the streaming is for emulation, older gen games run in lower detail than 1080P.

Why did Sony buy gaikai services, for cloud storage? they already have that for ps plus users, 3D? nope already have 3D without gaikai, online? nope PSN handles that... SO I WONDER WHAT GAIKAI IS FOR? lolol. Complaining about a problem that sony had the answer too the whole time.
Guize I can haz kernal cuz i got purtty cmd window to say stuffs.
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

Xian Nox wrote:Isn't that called PC? :lol:
Yeah. :mrgreen:
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

except the fact that he clearly said "console", which means it restricts it to one and only one use (gaming) as opposed to PCs that are generic. oh and @NNNRT, ain't that what the ouya is kind of?
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote:
except the fact that he clearly said "console", which means it restricts it to one and only one use (gaming) as opposed to PCs that are generic. oh and @NNNRT, ain't that what the ouya is kind of?
A PC running Windows is your definition of a console? :lol: :|
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

hgoel0974 wrote:
Acid_Snake wrote:
A PC running Windows is your definition of a console? :lol: :|
was that directed at me or xian nox? cause if it's directed at me you missed the point entirely
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote: was that directed at me or xian nox? cause if it's directed at me you missed the point entirely
It was directed specifically at you because once you had told me that you only booted into windows to play games ;)
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"

Return to “General”