Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Will you be getting a PS4?

Everything that is PS4-related but doesn't go in any other subforum

Do you plan to get a PS4?

Yes, I'll get it the day it is out
31%
I'll probably get it, but I'll wait and see
51%
No plan on getting it
18%

Total votes: 215

Matsuro

Re: Will you be getting a PS4?

Post by Matsuro »

I am waiting on more information. Namely if it will run without an internet connection. I'm a sailor so a console I can't take underway with me is more or less a paperweight.
Advertising
onnz423

Post by onnz423 »

1000€ What do ya think. No cuz i can get very good gaming pc for that price lol :D
Advertising
jobzombi

Post by jobzombi »

I want to wait to see what kind of DRM, licensing, used-game prevention, etc.. systems they try to implement. Oh and the game pricing. I don't mind many limits if the game prices are reduced, but if they increase them, which has been the case for every generation, and keep me from buying used games, then I won't. I am more interested in the Xbox720 than the ps4.
Vanderzant

Post by Vanderzant »

Depends on the price and what sort of launch line up it has. The fact that (apparently) it isn't backwards compatible makes me hesitant, because there are a lot of PS3 games I've yet to play. Most likely I'll wait till it has a solid library and possibly a price drop/redesign.
zenblitz

Post by zenblitz »

No , I won't be.
Not until they are 150$ or a broken one is given to me.
I have a computer that smokes the ps4's specs, and is liquid cooled, not even overclocked yet.
Why the F would I waste money on a ps4 that sony controls?
I like to own my hardware and software fully.
I will never buy a game that I can't physically own and play offline, and never have.
The way the market is moving is to the cloud and away from me being able to do with my gear as I see fit.
Sony stands for fighting it's customer's abilities to make better use of their products.

Sorry sony, I have a better pc than the pc you are selling as the ps4 - and it works for me, not you.
All your best games are better on PC anyways, have been for decades.
My ps3 has been the system I have played the least of any I've owned....
can anyone guess the reason?

PS - I will buy a couple ps4 controllers to use to play PC games wifi, as I do now with 360 and ps3 controllers.
Troll.Face

Post by Troll.Face »

Maybe i will wait some months.... to see how many games will be released in the first year... but i know myself.... i will buy it with killzone: shadow fall.... :cry:
terriblygrey

Post by terriblygrey »

I, personally, will be getting a PS4. I have had a Playstation as a child, PS2 and PSP as a teen, and a PS3 with PSV as an adult. I have to say that Sony sure does run in my blood. I've been hacking PSP since the sixth grade and even ran the 3.55 hack on my girlfriends PS3. I held out on the UNO exploit as the Vita is still in development, not being older than 1 year, I wanted to wait to buy some games/netflix watching. Sony never seems to disappoint me and I'll surely buy the ps4 as soon as I can!

Had it not been for Sony, this site would almost be non-existant
psvita-freak

Post by psvita-freak »

it's time for a replacement of my ps2... ;)
It still works... but it has bad graphics... my Vita has better graphics than the ps2... :lol:
Things learned from this site:
-Do not pirate, it will keep game developers from developing games...
-Hacking to play an back-up of your own game = O.K....
-READ THE F*****G RULES!!! ;-)
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

psvita-freak wrote:it's time for a replacement of my ps2... ;)
It still works... but it has bad graphics... my Vita has better graphics than the ps2... :lol:
Does the Vita support remote play with the PS2? :lol:
BTW, here's what the PS4 GUI looks like: 8-)
helix357

Post by helix357 »

I am truly a huge supporter of the vita and to know it will be the ps4s best buddy buddy is great news. If they are as close as they say it will be, then i definitely look forward to the next gen system, however, will the vita truly be capable of streaming completely next gen graphics designed to compete with all other systems?

Return to “General”