Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

For the life of me, I can’t play as a bad guy in video games.

Discuss official PS4 games here
Babu

For the life of me, I can’t play as a bad guy in video games.

Post by Babu »

I recently started a second playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2 intending to do as many bad deeds as I can. When choices were presented, I couldn’t do it. I tried but it felt so wrong. I couldn’t sleep so I had to reload my save and ended up doing good instead. I know it’s just a video game but the emotional impact on a person who plays it is real.

I wasn’t trying to be noble or anything. I just feel it in my heart that it’s wrong and I can’t do it. I don’t know if it’s about fear of consequences (even they’re not real) or something else entirely. For the life of me, I simply cannot play as a bad guy.

I did try in other games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, The Witcher, and many more. At the middle of the game, I decided that I couldn’t do it. It’s too much for me.
Advertising
TheWhiteTyger

Re: For the life of me, I can’t play as a bad guy in video games.

Post by TheWhiteTyger »

If only more people in the world felt like you do, maybe this place wouldn't be so bad off... Don't feel bad, feel good that you feel so convicted to do right, even if it is just a simulator. More power to ya, bud!
Advertising
Thank you homebrew community and "hackers" alike! Without you and your valuable contributions, the people wouldn't be able to stick it to greedy corporations who try to 'prevent' us from using our hardware the way it should be.

Return to “Games”