Forum rules: Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
#104522 by Coldbird
Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm
dang... now I REALLY beg users NOT TO use non PRO builds of PROCFW...
This could be exploited in so many bad ways by building a manipulated PROCFW which logs this...
Advertising
#114517 by ViP3R
Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 am
Next time it's uncle sam's redeem codes in there. Why can't they store in it in generally, the "Sony-type-of-encryption" a.k.a. keeping them in .prx *oh God it's even worst than that... Or some sort they can figure out.

bpeterson wrote:Good find. I wouldn't be surprised, if it worked the same way on the PS3.

Meh, i dont know but, who knows if they're lazy as heck to store them in the HDD :roll:
#114559 by Casavult
Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm
Hmmm, I could use this to get my brothers PSN details from his PSP. :lol:

But seriously, this sort of stuff should be heavily encrypted, but hey this is Sony...
#115267 by Kaliki
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:22 pm
Casavult wrote:But seriously, this sort of stuff should be heavily encrypted, but hey this is Sony...

I agree, there should indeed be a lot more secure protection on this. But you can't really blame Sony because the risk only exists if you are using CFW, which is not supported by Sony's tech people. Otherwise, practically everyone can put TCFW on other peoples PSP's in seconds nowadays... :?
#115773 by m0skit0
Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 am
Kaliki wrote:But you can't really blame Sony because the risk only exists if you are using CFW, which is not supported by Sony's tech people.

I'm sorry but... WHAT? What about Sony reading your pass and stuff? And IIRC, Sony's servers also kept your personal data in plain text, so yeah, Sony is to blame, definitely. And even if not, any decent technology company will store your personal data encrypted. Even on a portable device. Shame on Sony.

And to everybody: please stop lickin' corporations' a**, you don't owe them anything.
#115871 by FrEdDy
Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm
m0skit0 wrote:
Kaliki wrote:But you can't really blame Sony because the risk only exists if you are using CFW, which is not supported by Sony's tech people.

I'm sorry but... WHAT? What about Sony reading your pass and stuff? And IIRC, Sony's servers also kept your personal data in plain text, so yeah, Sony is to blame, definitely. And even if not, any decent technology company will store your personal data encrypted. Even on a portable device. Shame on Sony.

And to everybody: please stop lickin' corporations' a**, you don't owe them anything.

Yes, Sony stored sensitive PSN information in plaintext. No matter where they store your information, it should be always protected.
#116003 by Kaliki
Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 pm
m0skit0 wrote:And even if not, any decent technology company will store your personal data encrypted.

That got me thinking. It's obviously right. I still wonder why many consumers don't care more often about giving away their personal data. But that's a different story.