Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] ARK 3.60 auto boot pboot

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: [Release] ARK 3.60 auto boot pboot

Post by fate6 »

Supergun wrote:In bootpath just change the name of the game in there and it will work.
Sadly that does nothing.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
stevenlexon

Post by stevenlexon »

fate6 wrote:
stevenlexon wrote:
Supergun wrote:I have tried 2 different games none work for me.
just try
https://mega.nz/#!4UVEXC7a!A5Z-PoQbVc5x ... 3ZR9pmhykw
What exactly is different about your version?
only make a new pboot with the icon0 and info file from old pboot of ark and the new data.psp file from qwikrazor's new pboot

========
Mrgreezy3 wrote:Yesssss it works now... how to do multiple one now? If there is only one bootpath.txt file
first u should make a new basegame bubble, and change the name of ark_01234 folder, for example ark_12345, and put this new folder to ux0-pspemu-psp-savedata, at last just change the 2 txt file to make them direct to the right folder or game: ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ARK_12345/ARK.BIN in savepath.txt of the new base game folder, ms0:/ISO/name of ur game.iso/cso in bootpath.txt of the ark_12345 folder.
Advertising
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

qwikrazor87 wrote:Here is a modded ARK pboot bubble to auto boot into whatever game or homebrew you want from Live Area.
From the readme:
[spoiler]Here is a modded ARK-2 to auto boot whatever game or homebrew you have configured.

Copy PBOOT.PBP and SAVEPATH.TXT to base game folder,
which should be located in ms0:/PSP/GAME/ (that's ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/).
Then use CMA/QCMA to backup the base game to your PC,
then restore the game back to your Vita.

You should now see the base game with an ARK icon,
or to whatever icon you have changed in PBOOT.PBP,
you can also update the title for PBOOT.PBP.

For each game you want to auto boot, you will need to use a different name for the savedata folder,
so you will need to update the path in SAVEPATH.TXT to point to the savedata folder.

For example:
ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/THIS_GAME_SAVE_FOLDER/ARK.BIN
or:
ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/THAT_HOMEBREW_SAVE_FOLDER/ARK.BIN

Included save, ARK_01234, has a file called BOOTPATH.TXT,
there you can store the path of the game that you want to auto boot.

Here is an example path for an ISO (or CSO):
ms0:/ISO/THE_MOST_AWESOME_GAME_IN_THE_WORLD.cso

or for homebrew (or PS1 game, without sound):
ms0:/PSP/GAME/SOME_AWESOME_HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP

it doesn't matter where the game or homebrew is located,
as long as you have the correct paths, it'll launch.

To boot back in the ProShell menu,
hold L trigger + R trigger + Down + Cross, and keep R trigger held.

Do NOT use ux0: path in these files, only use ms0:.[/spoiler]
Do not use ux0: path in these files, only use ms0:.

Download:
https://anonfile.com/s06fvebfbd/FW360_ARK_AUTOBOOT.zip

Thanks as always I am always glad to see your work and dedication to the PSP. I hope it never stops. Can'\ you share the source code for this with it being using ARK's open source license as I would like to look at the magic you do a little closer please.
Stevo100

Post by Stevo100 »

@stevenlexon
"only make a new pboot with the icon0 and info file from old pboot of ark and the new data.psp file from qwikrazor's new pboot"

Hi could you tell me what you use to extract pboot contents and rebuild cause I'm having issues with older tools rebuilding them and pboot not working. All is working great on 3.60 vita with multiple forwarder bubbles made now and I've changed the bubbles icons and game name with modifying app.db. What I'm wanting to do is do backups on 3.60 vita to a 3.63 vita but all backups will display ark bubble icon and ark game title, there's no way to modify the app.db on 3.63 (I don't think) . So if I change each pboot icon first then do the cma backup and restore to 3.63 all should be good. Thanks
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

pbpunpacker to dump and repack the pbp and HxD to edit the name in the sfo since it lets you use a longer string and doesn't corrupt the sfo like the built in one likes to do.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dbzgts

Post by dbzgts »

qwikrazor87 wrote:I guess I'll need to make an installer, readme's are too complicated.
I think we all did it right. I use pbp unpacker to open the pboot.pbp and it seems that the icon0.png file got corrupted and the pboot.pbp provided by steven is good and no errors. maybe you can look at it and change the icon0.png file. I am sure everything will be run smoothly
PSVita Fat 3g 3.60 & PSTV 3.60
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

dbzgts wrote:
qwikrazor87 wrote:I guess I'll need to make an installer, readme's are too complicated.
I think we all did it right. I use pbp unpacker to open the pboot.pbp and it seems that the icon0.png file got corrupted and the pboot.pbp provided by steven is good and no errors. maybe you can look at it and change the icon0.png file. I am sure everything will be run smoothly
I have already changed the icon0 in my own attempt since im sure not having none of that default madness, It is not the problem.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

I am currently working on an installer, plus bubble duper, and game/homebrew selector to setup up the bubbles. it should be done within this week, maybe today if I am not too busy.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
stevenlexon

Post by stevenlexon »

qwikrazor87 wrote:I am currently working on an installer, plus bubble duper, and game/homebrew selector to setup up the bubbles. it should be done within this week, maybe today if I am not too busy.
great!
hackvize

Post by hackvize »

hello, i already tried the tutorial with steven file but it only redirect me to ARK menu (it doesn't auto boot the game)
also on the menu i tried running the game by pressing start but no respond at all
any tips ?

Return to “ARK”