Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ARK on 3.60

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

ARK on 3.60

Post by Acid_Snake »

Recently a well known developer and old friend, Coldbird, contacted me for help developing a new version of ARK for firmware 3.60 using a native kernel exploit that allows us access to the pspemu from vita side.
The last I did on ARK was backpacking it to the PSP and while I made huge progress the project was stalled. One of the reasons for this was that my Vita broke and I had to sell it for spare parts.
After Coldbird contacted me I decided to resume this work.
However without a proper Vita on 3.60 my work will be limited to just the PSP. My intention was to ask for donations to buy another Vita, or someone to donate me one. However since I have been inactive for so much time I have no idea how much interest there's in the scene for something like this.
So I would love to see some feedback from the scene to know if enough people are willing to help for the cause.
Advertising
clienthax

Re: ARK on 3.60

Post by clienthax »

What country are you located in?
I have a unused vita tv here currently in England
Advertising
Last edited by clienthax on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManaYagami

Post by ManaYagami »

Tough luck. If I had any spare money I wouldn't be pirating games.
clienthax

Post by clienthax »

ManaYagami wrote:Tough luck. If I had any spare money I wouldn't be pirating games.
Then why bother posting?
KawaiiAurora

Post by KawaiiAurora »

Maybe someone can sponsor the shipping charges (and tax..)
Traace

Post by Traace »

Just freshly registered here to post this.

I don't have any spare vita's left however,

I can pay A part of the shipping costs and If u can't find any vita I would like to donate 10-20€ (Paypal) Its not much, but a start. We need to archive this together :) I will strictly follow this thread now.
hitman3333

Post by hitman3333 »

please delete
Last edited by hitman3333 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

*Mods can delete this post.
Last edited by HarmfulMushroom on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yifanlu
Guru

Post by yifanlu »

Umm no. You lost all credibility with me when you released all those psp exploits without your fellow team member's permissions. http://wololo.net/2014/09/14/the-day-th ... ts-leaked/

Yes, you found many of those exploits. Yes, you helped develop many of them. Yes, it was partly other party's fault. But 1) other people did work on it with you, 2) you never apologized. 3) you said at the time that this will "help people focus on hacking the vita" and while I thought that was ***, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and kept quiet instead of calling you out hoping you'd redeem yourself somehow. I thought maybe you were working quietly on something that might win us back. Maybe you'd come back saying "I apologize for my past behavior. Here's what I've been working on, I know it doesn't excuse what I've done in the past but I was not in the best state of mind and I hope to be better now." And I would have thought that was classy and forgave you. And many others I hope would have too.

... but the first thing you do is ask for donations? **** that. Seriously, I don't care what Coldbird says, but I don't believe you deserve a second chance. If you really want to win our respect back, asking for donations before doing anything is definitely not the way to go.

EDIT: And I may add that if you didn't leak all those kernel exploits that day, we would have PSP hacked on 3.60. So that's your fault.
Last edited by yifanlu on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyz

Post by xyz »

Acid_Snake wrote:Recently a well known developer and old friend, Coldbird, contacted me for help developing a new version of ARK for firmware 3.60 using a native kernel exploit that allows us access to the pspemu from vita side.
The last I did on ARK was backpacking it to the PSP and while I made huge progress the project was stalled. One of the reasons for this was that my Vita broke and I had to sell it for spare parts.
After Coldbird contacted me I decided to resume this work.
However without a proper Vita on 3.60 my work will be limited to just the PSP. My intention was to ask for donations to buy another Vita, or someone to donate me one. However since I have been inactive for so much time I have no idea how much interest there's in the scene for something like this.
So I would love to see some feedback from the scene to know if enough people are willing to help for the cause.

[I am very displeased with your past transgressions good sir, I shant be aiding you in this endeavour]
Last edited by fate6 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: :/

Return to “ARK”