Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
#414125 by xyz
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:31 pm
Acid_Snake wrote:Recently a well known developer and old friend, Coldbird, contacted me for help developing a new version of ARK for firmware 3.60 using a native kernel exploit that allows us access to the pspemu from vita side.
The last I did on ARK was backpacking it to the PSP and while I made huge progress the project was stalled. One of the reasons for this was that my Vita broke and I had to sell it for spare parts.
After Coldbird contacted me I decided to resume this work.
However without a proper Vita on 3.60 my work will be limited to just the PSP. My intention was to ask for donations to buy another Vita, or someone to donate me one. However since I have been inactive for so much time I have no idea how much interest there's in the scene for something like this.
So I would love to see some feedback from the scene to know if enough people are willing to help for the cause.

[I am very displeased with your past transgressions good sir, I shant be aiding you in this endeavour]
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: :/
#414127 by Mr.iCE
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:44 pm
What I don't get is, why it's such a hard job now to port ARK to 3.60 that you need 2 or more poeple working on it??
Coldbird is the creator of the Pro CFW which is open source and it was ported to different kernel exploits by different people who worked alone on it.

Is there something more coming now than loading PSP ISOs from a nice bubble???
Advertising
#414128 by Freakler
Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 pm
You have been donated for paying shipping costs and stuff before and I remember when there was a PSTV offered to you FOR FREE, you haven't even answered..
#414129 by yifanlu
Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:02 pm
Mr.iCE wrote:What I don't get is, why it's such a hard job now to port ARK to 3.60 that you need 2 or more poeple working on it??
Coldbird is the creator of the Pro CFW which is open source and it was ported to different kernel exploits by different people who worked alone on it.

No, assuming Coldbird did approve of this (which is in doubt), OP is an opportunist who wants to use every bit of cred he has to get free stuff. Just search this forum, this isn't the first time he begged for donations. All this would be fine too (I have nothing against people who constantly beg for donations if they do more good work than bad) if he didn't destroy the PSP eCFW scene with his own hands.
#414132 by Traace
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:06 pm
Does all these wasted exploits really matter at the end when some proper new stuff is delivered by the same guy? No.

I understand why some people leave the console "hacking" scene. Its filled with raged kids like yifanlu .
I know mental issues drove you so far, but please, just let em go.
Spread the love, spread the smile :)
#414133 by TheFloW
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:18 pm
It's funny that I'm not even mentioned, as the "native kernel exploit" is from me.
#414134 by satan89
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:21 pm
Traace wrote:Does all these wasted exploits really matter at the end when some proper new stuff is delivered by the same guy? No.

I understand why some people leave the console "hacking" scene. Its filled with raged kids like yifanlu .

I take it you will be donating your console/$$ then? Or are you commenting to persuade others to donate so you can get your free stuff?
#414135 by TheFloW
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:24 pm
Mr.iCE wrote:What I don't get is, why it's such a hard job now to port ARK to 3.60 that you need 2 or more poeple working on it??

There is. I am working on new features like right analog support in games, and frangarcj and me are also working on graphics upscaling.
#414136 by xyler
Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 pm
TheFloW wrote: graphics upscaling.

Wow awesome to hear. Many PSP games are really wel made and perfect for upscaling.
#414137 by yifanlu
Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:32 pm
Traace wrote:Does all these wasted exploits really matter at the end when some proper new stuff is delivered by the same guy? No.

Name one thing this guy released.