Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ARK-3 and PSone Classics?

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
SpaceFolding

ARK-3 and PSone Classics?

Post by SpaceFolding »

I understand that one of ARK-3's features is playing PS1 games natively, similar to what TN-X achieves. Will ARK-3 be able to play the official PSone Classic eboots?
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: ARK-3 and PSone Classics?

Post by Acid_Snake »

Right now we have a pretty decent peops port and partial compatibility with psx exploits. I wouldn't mind sharing some beta files but for now I can only test in 3.18 so I don't know how well it'll run on other firmwares (coldbird got it working in 3.3X and for 3.52 I haven't been able to test the files).
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

An open beta for 3.18 would be great. Me and other people would like to test it.

Also about 3.5x, i assume coldbird found a way to rename /GAME/ folder on 3.5x https://twitter.com/qwikrazor87/status/ ... 0262338560
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

Here you go bro have fun
ark3_318.7z
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 1000 times
For 3.3x you have to replace the kernel exploit.
33x_kxploit.7z
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
SpaceFolding

Post by SpaceFolding »

Acid_Snake wrote:partial compatibility with psx exploits.
Is this referring to the game compatibility list? I didn't know the PSX exploits' "native" nature would yield partial results. As in, it either natively plays PS games or it doesn't (I know nothing).
Acid_Snake wrote:For 3.3x you have to replace the kernel exploit.
I wouldn't mind testing 3.36, but I don't know anything and I might require a brief documentation. I don't have an exploit game handy either because I don't know if PSX exploit games would change for 3.36.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

There's no public psx exploits for 3.3x, the files I sent are for psp exploits (and 3.18 psx exploits).
What I meant with partial compatibility with psx exploits is that it only reaches the menu but fails to run any game.
SpaceFolding

Post by SpaceFolding »

Acid_Snake wrote:There's no public psx exploits for 3.3x, the files I sent are for psp exploits (and 3.18 psx exploits).
What I meant with partial compatibility with psx exploits is that it only reaches the menu but fails to run any game.
Ah I see, thanks.

Sorry if I was unclear in my first post, but I was wondering if self converted ISO-eboots run off of PS1 exploits, then it should run official PSN ones (with the keys.bin DRM and all) too right?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

On psp exploits all games should run.
darkschnitzel

Post by darkschnitzel »

Hello, I tried to run the beta but my Vita just crashes when I try to launch the exploit:
It says starting...
running ark..something
then black screen and after a few seconds i get the error message (C1-2858-3)
I use the Patapon 2 exploit on my 3.18 Vita and also own Tekken 2.
reprep

Post by reprep »

darkschnitzel wrote:Hello, I tried to run the beta but my Vita just crashes when I try to launch the exploit:
It says starting...
running ark..something
then black screen and after a few seconds i get the error message (C1-2858-3)
I use the Patapon 2 exploit on my 3.18 Vita and also own Tekken 2.
same behaviour here on my 3.18 vita with US XS MOTO. after loading save, freezes, black screen for a few second then C1-2858-3.

H.BIN is in savedata folder of XS MOTO, other files are in ARK folder of PSP/SAVEDATA.

EDIT: After correcting the folder layout, i finally managed to boot ARK Menu on XS Moto. Menu works, games list fine etc. As expected, it fails when a game is booted with C1-2858-3. Good luck. Menu looks good.

EDIT2: Same files don't work for PSP exploits though. Old ark works fine.

EDIT3: Tried different combinations, never could make PSP part work. Maybe it is not compatible with wth's ARK bubble for 3.18.

Return to “ARK”