Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PBOOT ICON0 not appearing on custom bubbles (3.36 PHP)

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
R0ME0

PBOOT ICON0 not appearing on custom bubbles (3.36 PHP)

Post by R0ME0 »

Welp I'm out of ideas so I'm posting, Trying to set up a PBOOT for Pool Hall Pro loading ARK2. I followed Zett's video on doing so. Simple enough but after restoring the database the title is correct now "ARK2 Menu" but the icon is still pool hall pro.

So I searched around some threads for similar problems, I found a couple, one said make sure the PNG's are less than 10kb. This didnt do it for me. Another said to just edit the base game's PARAM.SFO, so I took PHP's PARAM from the PBP and tried to use it, this actually removed the custom name, and still no custom icon. The last thing I found that was relevant said you can also use 80x80 PNG's, So I went in and made a simple one that just says ARK. But even with that ICON0 still no custom icon.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Advertising
DJBhardwaj

Re: PBOOT ICON0 not appearing on custom bubbles (3.36 PHP)

Post by DJBhardwaj »

The ICON0.PNG should be 144x80. And make sure you change the DISC_ID in PARAM.SFO to that of original PHP. For example, in my case for WOP, its ULES00821.
Advertising
R0ME0

Post by R0ME0 »

DJBhardwaj wrote:The ICON0.PNG should be 144x80. And make sure you change the DISC_ID in PARAM.SFO to that of original PHP. For example, in my case for WOP, its ULES00821.
Thanks! I have all this info correct though. I've tried with 144x80 & 80x80, and used a hex editor to switch it to the ID for Pool Hall Pro, NPUH10097
DJBhardwaj

Post by DJBhardwaj »

Seems almost correct, but you're definitely doing something wrong somewhere. Maybe check the size of the original PARAM.SFO and the new one, make sure its same.
R0ME0

Post by R0ME0 »

DJBhardwaj wrote:Seems almost correct, but you're definitely doing something wrong somewhere. Maybe check the size of the original PARAM.SFO and the new one, make sure its same.
I appreciate the help. Both are 652bytes, the example & my modified one.
DJBhardwaj

Post by DJBhardwaj »

Recheck everything, it should work. Or try a different ICON0.PNG.
R0ME0

Post by R0ME0 »

Deleted my PBOOTS and downloaded Zett's example. Edited DISC_ID to pool hall pro's & Changed title in a hex editor -- the file is the same size after editing. Tried ICON0 from ARK & tried a stock ICON0 from a PSP update. FTP'd each into the folder containing the base game, restored database. Also tried CMA.

Each only changed the name. Icon still Pool Hall Pro.
Dang I don't know what I'm missing. Thanks for all the replies though DJBhardwaj.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

I can't read apparently, disregard this post.
Last edited by HarmfulMushroom on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xana

Post by Xana »

Before transfering the PBOOT, open it in pbp unpacker so you can see if the ICON0 updated.
thebutcher316

Post by thebutcher316 »

Also don't forget to keep refreshing the database with every solution you try - because AFAIK the new icon wont show up unless you've refreshed.

Return to “ARK”