Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] ARK-based Homebrew/Backup launcher for 3.36/3.18

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
gdljjrod

Re: [Release] ARK-based Homebrew/Backup launcher for 3.36/3.

Post by gdljjrod » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:22 pm

jhuebert95 wrote:I can't get dragon ball z tenkaichi tag team to boot using the ark loader. Every other game works just fine. I have DBZ.CSO stored in ms0:/ISO. I have also tried DBZ.ISO but to no avail. I used UNO to sign ARK.ISO for use as actual ark-2 with ONEMenu, and used talkman travel tokyo to sign all the other ark launcher bubbles. I tried both these games and neither worked. I get C1-2858-3. It's not the iso because I can play it just fine in both tn-v and ark-2. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Same thing happens with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. It plays fine in ark just not through the loader :/
Welll in 3.36 there may be some problems
in 3.18 working fine Dragon Ball Tag Team
and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd too.... include plugin for translation :D
Advertising

Deviloruim

Post by Deviloruim » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Hey Great work man ,I think I have been waiting ages for this to happen ! Thank you .

Could someone post or link a video or tutorial ?I am pretty much new to the scene

If not , anyone who could shed light if we still need the exploit games to sign

I did not catch any exploited games ,would that be still possible to achieve ?

BR
Advertising

jhuebert95

Post by jhuebert95 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 pm

@gdljjrod what did you name your ISOs for both those games? I'm wondering if it didn't like what I named them or something... That's all I can come up with I literally did everything right...

EDIT: I figured it out. Apparently the loader doesn't like Prometheus patched isos. Which is weird because ark will play them just fine :/
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW

nobitagamer

Post by nobitagamer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 am

Xana wrote:A homebrew launcher similar to qwiks, but with kernel access. That means you can launch ISOs, CSOs, homebrew EBOOTS, and PS1 EBOOTS (no sound) from a bubble! It should have the same compatibilities as a regular ARK bubble.

This checks to see if disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/PATH.TXT exists; if it does, it launches the path contained therein. Otherwise, it launches the installed menu normally. This means having an ARKLOADER bubble shouldn't conflict with an actual ARK-2 installation (note: I only tested this with an actual ARK-2 bubble.)

1: Edit the PATH.TXT file with the path to your game/hb e.g. ms0:/PSP/GAME/HOMEBREW/EBOOT.PBP
*make sure there's no newline at the end of the file*
2: Open the ARK bubble ISO in UmdGEN and add the PATH.TXT to /PSP_GAME/USRDIR/, then save it as an ISO.
3. sign the ARK ISO with fake_np. Don't use minis or (on 3.30+) a 3.18 exploit game as a base.
3a. If you're already using an ark bubble, you may want to backup your ARK savedata through CMA, then transfer the menu files to the provided ARK savedata.
4. transfer the generated EBOOT and the ARK (3.18) or ARK_12345 (3.36) savedata through CMA.
5. install the generated EBOOT.PBP as a custom bubble.

Note that this probably won't launch ISOs patched with things like prometheus (138Menu checks for EBOOT.OLD, and file size constraints prevented me from including that logic). You'll have to fix those yourself through UmdGEN.

Thanks to qwik for the kxploit and the 3.36 bubble, and wth for the 3.18 bubble.

FW 3.36
Files
Source

FW 3.18
Files
Source

Like my work? You can support me here:
BTC: 1PtVsKxriw2y1H6nwdaSkZx4Es38UpZRF4
(I had a link, but the bitcoin prefix isn't recognized, and bitcoin:// doesn't launch apps :P)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted
Since qwikrazor87 release his new bubble method using PBOOT.PBP i tried to use your BOOT.BIN (in 3.18 loader ISO file above) and ARK.BIN in that package to load PATH.TXT from current folder of PBOOT.PBP file but it's hard-coded to 'disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/PATH.TXT' that cannot access from PBOOT.PBP so can you update:
- The BOOT.BIN to load ARK.BIN from some longer path (ex: ms0:/PSP/GAME/SOMEFOLDER/ because i cannot hex-edit the current ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ARK/ to new path longer than that)
- The ARK.BIN to load from another path (i can hex-edit it later) ex: ms0:/PSP/GAME/SOMEFOLDER/PATH.TXT
That changes above will make me create a simple PBOOT.PBP that can copy&paste to load game backup (ISO file) directly from bubble with CMA backup support.

Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:41 am

CAN THIS BE UPDATED FOR 3.5X FIRWARES????

ANU815

Post by ANU815 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:39 am

Not only would a 3.5X update be amazing, but so would a TN-based launcher so that I could use it for PSP backups and have SAVESTATE support....

Return to “ARK”