Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official ARK-2 testing thread (up to firmware 3.18).

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Official ARK-2 testing thread.

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Acid_Snake wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote:Tried build 5 files with FIFA 11 US, begins to load with starting upper left corner and quickly says exploit failed right after before hanging and throwing C1-2583-3 20 seconds later. Vita is on 3.01.

Also tried with NUMBLAST and Persona 2 with the same exact results as the others have already posted.
For the record, ARK works on lower firmwares (we've tested it as low as 1.81 and most stuff works, some bugs here and there but works overall), the problem here is the certloader kernel exploit that requires loading all net utilities, which requires enough free space, and some games don't have that much (most of them don't), so we're battling with it to come up with a solution to free memory that would work on all games AND not make ARK.BIN too big or else it'll crash on the scratchpad. This is specially complicated due to the second factor, we're working with 16KB of scratchpad ram, and we gotta fit both code and data in it, if we go over just one byte, it'll crash.
That is impressive, you have my newly found respect once again. I'll be here to test on my three exploit games if/once you release more.
Advertising
bacacho

Post by bacacho »

i want to know if this eCFW can work with the eCFW TN-V in the same exploit or just one at time.

Thank you!
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

it depends, does the game allow for more than one save?
bacacho

Post by bacacho »

Acid_Snake wrote:it depends, does the game allow for more than one save?
That's a very good question, actually i never try to do another save game, the exploit is fifa 11. Can you told me if is possible ?
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

like I said, it's possible if the game allows for two saves, some time ago I made an app called multiBootCFW that allowed you to have both at the same time, but it hasn't been updated in a while so I don't know if it's gonna work today.
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

Uploaded a new build.
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
reprep

Post by reprep »

thanks a lot for this. it's great to see progress in eCFW scene. i value this more over a native Vita hack, as right now Vita library is nowhere near the PSP library.
bacacho

Post by bacacho »

Acid_Snake wrote:like I said, it's possible if the game allows for two saves, some time ago I made an app called multiBootCFW that allowed you to have both at the same time, but it hasn't been updated in a while so I don't know if it's gonna work today.
Got it... thanks.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

I've uploaded a new build. This one has been confirmed working on 2.60 with Arcade Darts and Jewel Keepers, so it should pretty much work on any firmware with any game.
kakarotto

Post by kakarotto »

Hi acid, what's new in ARK-2?
Nice to see ARK improving, any chance to see coldbird's project become true? I mean Peops and AtPro working in ARK
Thanks

Return to “ARK”