Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official ARK-2 testing thread (up to firmware 3.18).

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
wizard

Re: Official ARK-2 testing thread.

Post by wizard »

The newest build (ARK2 testing 5) doesn't work for me went from build 2 to 5. Build 2 was working just find

Vita running fw 2.02
Using UNO exploit
Using the menu that comes with the ARK2 zip file
looks like it try to load ark2 but it just freezes on a black screen with the text saying starting in the upper left corner.
Advertising
1k White Vita 3.65 - Black Vita 3.60/3G PSVSD
2k JP Blue&Black Vita 3.60
PS TV 3.60 - PS TV up to date
PS3 slim up to date
PS4 1.75 - PS4 up to date
boughtavita

Post by boughtavita »

Same as above - test build 5 fails loading for me. Gets stuck on a screen with text 'starting' with a thin multi colored line below. After maybe 30 seconds - it comes up with an error 'C1-2858-3'
This is the first build I have tried - so cannot say whether older builds worked with the game exploit I'm using

Firmware 3.01
Game exploit - Persona 2 (EU)

Haven't changed the menu
Advertising
bigc

Post by bigc »

Tested with fieldrunners 2.61 got scan failed, tried with the default menu it came with as well as ymenu
gullkhan0

Post by gullkhan0 »

test build 5 fails at 'loading' screen.

It gets stuck on a screen with text 'loading' at the top-left corner. After maybe 30 seconds - it comes up with an error 'C1-2858-3'

Firmware 3.01

Game exploit - Numblast (EU)

Haven't changed the menu
cysyms

Post by cysyms »

2.12 does not run
Game exploit: GOLOR_US
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Tried build 5 files with FIFA 11 US, begins to load with starting upper left corner and quickly says exploit failed right after before hanging and throwing C1-2583-3 20 seconds later. Vita is on 3.01.

Also tried with NUMBLAST and Persona 2 with the same exact results as the others have already posted.
Jayko

Post by Jayko »

sorry for my noob question, if i didnt have the exploit game for my fw, can i still run this exploits? i am on 1.80 :o

edited
i saw monster hunter 2 is the exploit game for this fw, since i dont want to go online to psn to get the game, as it is already patched. can i just get the game card to trigger this exploit? anyone? thanks. :D
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Jayko wrote:sorry for my noob question, if i didnt have the exploit game for my fw, can i still run this exploits? i am on 1.80 :o

edited
i saw monster hunter 2 is the exploit game for this fw, since i dont want to go online to psn to get the game, as it is already patched. can i just get the game card to trigger this exploit? anyone? thanks. :D
This is a PSP game, you cannot run a UMD on the Vita. If I'm not mistaken you will be able to download it and activate your PS Vita without having to connect to PSN from your Vita (which will make you update) but to do this you must have a PS3. If you don't this is impossible.
Jayko

Post by Jayko »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Jayko wrote:sorry for my noob question, if i didnt have the exploit game for my fw, can i still run this exploits? i am on 1.80 :o

edited
This is a PSP game, you cannot run a UMD on the Vita. If I'm not mistaken you will be able to download it and activate your PS Vita without having to connect to PSN from your Vita (which will make you update) but to do this you must have a PS3. If you don't this is impossible.

thanks for your prompt reply mate, i will try it out with my ps3 and connect it to my vita to transfer the game, i saw the video on YT how to do this tricks, but my only concern is would that game be patched already if i download it now, since it is years ago for this game. :) that is why i am a little hesitant to download the game in case it is patched.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:Tried build 5 files with FIFA 11 US, begins to load with starting upper left corner and quickly says exploit failed right after before hanging and throwing C1-2583-3 20 seconds later. Vita is on 3.01.

Also tried with NUMBLAST and Persona 2 with the same exact results as the others have already posted.
For the record, ARK works on lower firmwares (we've tested it as low as 1.81 and most stuff works, some bugs here and there but works overall), the problem here is the certloader kernel exploit that requires loading all net utilities, which requires enough free space, and some games don't have that much (most of them don't), so we're battling with it to come up with a solution to free memory that would work on all games AND not make ARK.BIN too big or else it'll crash on the scratchpad. This is specially complicated due to the second factor, we're working with 16KB of scratchpad ram, and we gotta fit both code and data in it, if we go over just one byte, it'll crash.

Return to “ARK”