Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Official ARK-2 testing thread (up to firmware 3.18).

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
jvhellraiser

Re: Official ARK-2 testing thread (up to firmware 3.18).

Post by jvhellraiser »

Thank you! is bugging me to find out that Ark to have some issues booting some of my CSO + Ark
original menu freezes on Psvita i had to use another menu like menu 138 one is not the best but atleast
it does not frezes, whats up with ARK and his original menu that totally freezes and comes with error.
if only Menu 138 had better CSO and ISO compatability i would be the best menu for the Ark out there
but i still i find that PYmenu to be strong.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

The menus have zero impact on what ARK is compatible with and in fact other than UI they are all almost exactly the same.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
jvhellraiser

Post by jvhellraiser »

fate6 wrote:The menus have zero impact on what ARK is compatible with and in fact other than UI they are all almost exactly the same.
Sorry but i dont agree, ARK with it own PROshell can't even load some of my CSO for example my Young Thor CSO.
when i press start ARK crashes! but if i add a new menu like Pymenu or Menu 138 my cso loads normally without
having ARK craching on me. now if its like you said my Young Thor cso would be loading normally from the Proshell
one thing is not, is crashing giving error, how come ARK + PYmenu = loads Young thor.cso just fine! is because the
menu fixes whatever crappy loader ARK is using,by the way everyone says Pymenu is useless sorry but i don't find
it useless is a pretty awesome menu.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

jvhellraiser wrote:
fate6 wrote:The menus have zero impact on what ARK is compatible with and in fact other than UI they are all almost exactly the same.
Sorry but i dont agree, ARK with it own PROshell can't even load some of my CSO for example my Young Thor CSO.
when i press start ARK crashes! but if i add a new menu like Pymenu or Menu 138 my cso loads normally without
having ARK craching on me. now if its like you said my Young Thor cso would be loading normally from the Proshell
one thing is not, is crashing giving error, how come ARK + PYmenu = loads Young thor.cso just fine! is because the
menu fixes whatever crappy loader ARK is using,by the way everyone says Pymenu is useless sorry but i don't find
it useless is a pretty awesome menu.
Both of you are right and wrong at the same time.

A menu shouldn't THEORETICALLY have an impact on compatibility, and it doesn't really (like fate6 says) as the menu is nothing but a frontend, BUT when it comes to EBOOTS and ISO/CSO there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration that is done by the menu instead of the CFW. One prime example is the infamous Prometheus-patched games. These games are ISO/CSOs that have been patched to work on 5.XX firmwares and consist of two EBOOTS: EBOOT.BIN, which is the patched version, and EBOOT.OLD, which is the original version. It is obvious that the patched eboot will not work on moder firmwares, so you have to load the original eboot, but the CFW itself doesn't check for the existance of an EBOOT.OLD, the menu simply tells it to load a file and CFW responds, this basically means that if the menu fails to identify the existance of an EBOOT.OLD, it will attempt to load the Prometheus-patched eboot and therefore crash. IIRC proshell doesn't check for EBOOT.OLD, while most (if not all) other menus do (I for once know that pyMenu, 138Menu and arkMenu do as I've created them except for 138Menu, which I have reused code from).

Edit: I didn't know people still used pyMenu, I stopped developing for it a long time ago in favor of arkMenu as I thought people didn't care for pyMenu anymore, but maybe it was because pyMenu 0.4 was VHBL-only. As a matter of fact there is an alpha version of pyMenu 0.5 that I never finished or released as I was more interested on making arkMenu.
jvhellraiser

Re: Official ARK-2 testing thread.

Post by jvhellraiser »

Acid_Snake wrote:
Orion90 wrote:With exploits "Arcade Darts" and "Jewel Keepers", both on ofw 2.60, does not work

With Artcade Darts, when I start the exploit gets stuck on the "Starting" and after the crash PSPemu

With Jewel Keepers, when I start the exploit exits the screen that says "Starting, Scan Failed"

But I wonder why, since with older versions ARK was started on Arcade Darts.
please try the new uploaded file
Nope i still use my Pymenu (^_^)v wish you have finish it,where do i get that arkmenu?
i can't find it any links? by the way 138 menu has a bug from the game option= does not loads the
young thor.cso but from the explorer you click on the cso and loads fine was wondering if you have time
can you fix that? also NOVA wont load from game but from explorer loads on 138 menu,Pymenu is ok

Arkmenu (issue) not loading it trys to load on ARK but once it start it crashes ....dang (i want it this one to work)
i wonder why Arkmenu is doing this acid please explain, i get error (C1-2858-3) crash while loading the menu.
Broose

Post by Broose »

PS Vita 3.18
ARK-2 testing version 11

101-in1 Megamix (UE) : ARK-2 doesn't work
Gladiator Begins (UE) : Error C1-2858-3

(PS : I first tried to load ARK-2 on Gladiator Begins with the TN-V save still on my PS Vita and it loaded the TN-V then I removed the TN-V save and the error came up)
DarkenLX

Post by DarkenLX »

FW: 3.18
ARK-2 testing version 11

Gladiator Begins (US) : loads ark.... pressing triangle and selecting game, ftp or browser causes a freeze no error message
Arcade Darts (US): Same as above
PsVita 1: OLED Model 3G [3.36] [PSN?: Y]
PsVita 2: OLED Model 3G [mOFW3.00/eCFW] [PSN? :N]
destinykiller

Post by destinykiller »

im on 3.36 with multiple arks , in my common folder. if you already have ark2 ,but whant other ark menu's without really installing them, start ark2, go to explor files within ark2 then go to your common folder where you placed your multiple ark's . and run recovery eboot. from your ark2 within ark2. :!:
ramza

Post by ramza »

im on ofw 3.18 custom bubble on Mad Blocker Alpha, i just get loading exploit failed and then c1-2858-3

Return to “ARK”