Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is ARK for me? Vita 1.61

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
godlike1001

Is ARK for me? Vita 1.61

Post by godlike1001 »

So I recieved a vita today which is version 1.61.

I have a few questions.

I havent been on the playstation scene since when I owned a psp1001 a few years ago. Back then I remember having a custom firmware that let me play homebrew applications and iso/cso backups.

Is this still possible? I've looked to see if you can download any vita games, but I cant seem to find any, only psp games...any idea why?

Lastly, will ARK allow me to do all this? Where do I begin?
Advertising
Theredbaron

Re: Is ARK for me? Vita 1.61

Post by Theredbaron »

godlike1001 wrote:So I recieved a vita today which is version 1.61.

I have a few questions.

I havent been on the playstation scene since when I owned a psp1001 a few years ago. Back then I remember having a custom firmware that let me play homebrew applications and iso/cso backups.

Is this still possible? I've looked to see if you can download any vita games, but I cant seem to find any, only psp games...any idea why?

Lastly, will ARK allow me to do all this? Where do I begin?
Ark will only work on 2.02, with uno. Also, unless you have a PS3, you are out of luck in getting an older firmware to play homebrew.

Getting ARK (or TN-V :) )
1. viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23013
2.Buy Uno (psp version) on said PS3
3 Transfer Uno to Vita
GrimFandango wrote:Here's what you do. Plug in your vita cord into the computer and click on CMA, make sure your PC say that your connected. Take the vita cord out and put it in the PS3 from there you should be able to transfer and such. You don't have to do the airplane mode. Hope this helps.
4 DL ARK/TN-V and copy over. :)

However, if you don't have a PS3, or at least access, all you can do is update to the latest firmware, 2.06 right now, and stand by for the upcoming release of VHBL. Now this won't do PSP backups, aka no ISO/CSO, but will do most homebrew. You just have to be signed in to Wololo.net, and check back often at the forum's, and blog incase you miss it on the forum's, and hope you check in in time to be able to DL the correct game. If you first notice it on the blog, get it "NOW", as that means sony can see it and will be removing it soon. As we don't know the game, it is best to have around $20 ready to go to buy a game from the PSN. Though last time for Uno it was just $4.99, it's better to be safe the sorry.

Also, whatever route you take, I would "buy" the free games they have on the PSN for now. I know Wild Arm's is free, as is Patapon and Patchwork Heroes. There is one more, but I can't remember. Also get the Vita app's you want. There isn't much, but I would get Youtube, netflix if you can use it, Wake-up Club (crappy crappy alarm, but still alarm), and maybe Paint Park. Rememeber Twitter/Facebook/niconico don't work on lower firmware, so not usable on "hack's".
Advertising
Vita 3G - 4GB/8GB - 3.00 TN-V
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Okay, so first point: this forum does not condone piracy. It's sad that using various hacks can open the door to piracy and more so that people wish to act on this.

Anyway, in answer to your question: ARK is run in the PSP Emulator of the Vita. Therefore; it has the limitations of a PSP 1000 with CFW so you can play various back ups and homebrew through this. There are no native Vita hacks presently, so you can not go round and help destroy a console that's already on it's last legs by downloading games.

If you enjoy your Vita (or any other console) purchase your games legally. It helps developers and also the console: more people buying games = more chance of other developers making games for the console = more fun from the console.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

godlike1001 wrote:I've looked to see if you can download any vita games, but I cant seem to find any, only psp games...any idea why?
keep looking :roll:

Return to “ARK”