Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] Vita Plugin Manager for ARK

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

[Release] Vita Plugin Manager for ARK

Post by Acid_Snake »

Yet again, I'm here to release something. This time it's a very simple, yet powerful plugin manager for ARK, I call it Vita Plugin Manager.

Description:
VPM is a plugin manager dedicated for ARK that allows you to enable/disable plugins, change their mode, duplicate them and add new plugins, amongst other things.

Screenshot:
vpm.png
vpm.png (16.21 KiB) Viewed 16645 times
Controlls:
- Cross: enable or disable a plugin
- Circle: remove plugin from plugins.txt or delete the plugin
- Square: change the plugin's mode between umdemu, pops or game
- Triangle: duplicate the plugin (does not make a copy of the plugin itself), this is useful for plugins that work in more than one mode.

Functions:
- Add: open a file browser that lets you browse the entire ms0 where you can select a .prx file that will be added to plugins.txt
- Save and Exit: save the plugins.txt file and exit VPM
- Discard and Exit: discard all changes done and exit VPM

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sccgsawvqe8t9tt

How to Install:
You can install Vita Plugin Manager the same way you install any other homebrew.
Either using FTP or INSTALL.ZIP methods.

Post any bugs you may find and the corresponding pytrace.txt file

Note: if you find any problems with this, first try deleting PLUGINS.TXT file itself and let VPM create it
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Re: [Release] Vita Plugin Manager for ARK

Post by hgoel0974 »

Cool!
Is this in Python?
Advertising
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

yes, its the same Plugin Manager in pyMenu, and as a matter of fact, VPM uses a modified version of pyMenu's API
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

nice! what is your progress on the xmb style menu? My progress is quite low because I am rewriting the menu in C++ but I am barely able to work on it plus trying to code without a debugger is VERY hard (build, compile,transfer to Vita, run, if it doesn't work then figure out what might be wrong)
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

hgoel0974 wrote:nice! what is your progress on the xmb style menu? My progress is quite low because I am rewriting the menu in C++ but I am barely able to work on it plus trying to code without a debugger is VERY hard (build, compile,transfer to Vita, run, if it doesn't work then figure out what might be wrong)
yeah I know, that's why I prefer python for these type of things, it's a lot easier to debug and I can test on PC with 90% accuracy (I say 90% cause I have python 2.6 on PC, while PSP uses 2.5)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Acid_Snake wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:nice! what is your progress on the xmb style menu? My progress is quite low because I am rewriting the menu in C++ but I am barely able to work on it plus trying to code without a debugger is VERY hard (build, compile,transfer to Vita, run, if it doesn't work then figure out what might be wrong)
yeah I know, that's why I prefer python for these type of things, it's a lot easier to debug and I can test on PC with 90% accuracy (I say 90% cause I have python 2.6 on PC, while PSP uses 2.5)
I use 2.3 :lol:
I read somewhere that OSLib can be tested on a pc, that is what I am trying to figure out because I feel that in C++, I would have better control of what the menu does.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

now that you mention it, psp python can use OSlib, I wanted to try it but never really got around it
wth
HBL Developer

Post by wth »

For yMenu JGE++ pc compilation helped me a lot
However you should test on psp so you can debug with psplink too.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

wth wrote:
For yMenu JGE++ pc compilation helped me a lot
However you should test on psp so you can debug with psplink too.
That is the problem, I don't have a PSP and BUGSPRAY isn't usable yet. I am still trying to decide between JGE++ and OSLib. OSLib seems simpler to use but JGE++ has everything I need.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Is there any specific reason why ARK isnt following the standard plugin integration of former CFWs/HENs?
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

Return to “ARK”