Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Tutorial: How to install homebrew and iso/cso in ARK

Pro Team's PSP Custom Firmware for the Vita. ARK can be downloaded here
udo4ever

Tutorial: How to install homebrew and iso/cso in ARK

Post by udo4ever »

I finally figured out how to get homebrew on ARK without using ftp or alternative methods. This might be old news to some in the know but for those who are new to this, the proceedure is a little different then the TN-C exploit.

For those who don't know how to do this I will write a short guide.

For Homebrew:
1. find a homebrew (i.e. Doxmanager)
2. download it off the net.
3. Just like TN-C you will need to zip the folder. However, unlike TN-C's exploit there is no need to follow the file structure (psp/game/Doxmanager/EBoot) All you need to do is have a Zip with the folder structure is Doxmanager/Eboot. That is all. Make sure everything is in capital letters including the extension. The title should also be less than 7 letters long.
4. place the homebrew in a savedata folder OTHER than the folder where you have your UNO/Urbanix/Monster Hunter exploit. In my case I used the psp game save of final fantasy tactics (ULUS10297FFT0000).
5. use Open CMA to copy the savedata from this game (i.e. final fantasy tactics)
6. Start the exploit and in the menu navigate to the folder name were you put the homebrew (i.e. for final fantasy tactics it was psp/savegame/ULUS10297FFT0000).
7. If you did everything right you should see a zip file. select it with x and it will ask you if you would like to install it. Say yes. your done.

Note: if you keep the file structure psp/game/homebrew/eboot in your zip file then when you install it in the menu you will find that homebrew is now under the same file tree (ie. psp/game/psp/game/homebrew) this is why I said to not follow the same structure in step 3.

For ISO/CSO:
1. find an ISO (i.e. Dante's Inferno.iso)
2. Rename the iso by using 7 capital letters and make sure that the extension of your file is also in capital letters. (i.e. DANTE.ISO)
******Note: if you are using Windows 7 (not sure about 8) make sure that you can see the extension of your files. Otherwise you actually might be renaming your files like this: DANTE.ISO.iso which is not good!
4. place the file in a savedata folder OTHER than the folder where you have your UNO/Urbanix/Monster Hunter exploit. In my case I used the psp game save of final fantasy tactics (ULUS10297FFT0000).
5. use Open CMA to copy the savedata from this game (i.e. final fantasy tactics)
6. Start the exploit and navigate to the folder name were you put the iso. It should be under psp/savegame/ULUS10297FFT0000 You should see it there.
7. If you want to move your iso/cso to the ms0:/iso folder you can use doxmanager to do this. Make sure that you have double the space of the file that you are trying to move in doxmanager so that the transfer goes smoothly.

I hope this helps
Advertising
Last edited by udo4ever on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
spiritofthewind

Re: Tutorial: How to install homebrew and iso/cso in ARK

Post by spiritofthewind »

thanks so much :o been trying to do this for the past hour
Advertising
mvpcrossxover

Post by mvpcrossxover »

here's how i do it

1.copy iso/cso to another save data folder other than uno exploit
2.use open CMA to copy over the save data file
3.use pspfiler and copy the iso/cso file to the iso folder
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

Heres how I do it..
Start Vita FTP and then connect with fav FTP PC App.. go to ISO Folder Transfer any amount of files with any Name i want to the ISO folder.. Done.
Same with Homebrew But into the required folder i want it in.
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
poec

Post by poec »

Dutt wrote:Heres how I do it..
Start Vita FTP and then connect with fav FTP PC App.. go to ISO Folder Transfer any amount of files with any Name i want to the ISO folder.. Done.
Hombrew in Zip format? or just unzipped files lol
Dutt
HBL Tester

Post by Dutt »

poec wrote:
Just all the files dont need to use ZIP just like putting them on a PSP...
1. PS Vita Wifi 2.01 fw - Pro-V/Ark
1. PS Vita Wifi 3.18 fw - ?
1. PS Vita 3G 3.60 fw - HENkaku
poec

Post by poec »

Dutt wrote:
poec wrote:
Just all the files dont need to use ZIP just like putting them on a PSP...
Got it sir, thanks for the reply
bigv69er

Post by bigv69er »

Ok so i did this, and it works

Only thing is it really isnt installing the homebrew

Im trying to insta wifile ftp but i click x for yes to install

Says installing
Then takes me to games
All it shows is uno

Help plz
pS3 fat bought on release day
PS3 Slim
PSP Fat 1000 bought on original release day
PSP fat 1001 x2
PS Vita
udo4ever

Post by udo4ever »

bigv69er wrote:Ok so i did this, and it works

Only thing is it really isnt installing the homebrew

Im trying to insta wifile ftp but i click x for yes to install

Says installing
Then takes me to games
All it shows is uno

Help plz
Usually the problem that you mention has everything to do with the file structure you created. Look very closely at the zip file you created. What is the structure? For example, is your zip following a stucture like this: "ftpfile/eboot"? If this is the case than you will find your hombrew in the following folder under ARK: psp/game (the default folder were Uno is located.) If your ZIP structure is more like this: "psp/game/ftpfile/eboot" then you will find your hombrew under ark in the following folder "psp/game/psp/game." Basically the folder stcture in your zip file will determine which folder your homebrew will install to. This is why it is very important to make sure that you do not add any unecessary folders. Under TN-C your zip had to create the folder strcuture (i.e. psp/game/ftpfile/EBOOT). Under ARK there is no need to do this as the default installation folder for hombrew is already "psp/game." As such, all you need is a folder structre that has the name of your homebrew and the eboot, that is all. Any other additional folders will put your hombrew is another folder.

So in summary. when you open your zip file on your computer (the one you tried to install) make sure that the first folder you see is the name of your hombrew. Then, open that folder and you should see the files/folder of the homebrew including eboot. If you do this your hombrew will install in ARK under the same folder as UNO which is the default folder that ARK starts in.
bigv69er

Post by bigv69er »

I structured my files the right way

Wifiler/eboot

The old homebrew i had installed with the tn-c all showed up next to uno

Bur inaccidentally erased all of the corrupt data on the ps vita through the settinga.. And it erased all my homebrew
pS3 fat bought on release day
PS3 Slim
PSP Fat 1000 bought on original release day
PSP fat 1001 x2
PS Vita

Return to “ARK”