Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Alternative YLOD Issue?

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Bert960

Alternative YLOD Issue?

Post by Bert960 »

I have a question regarding my PS3 phat. Is it possible that ylod can also be caused by the ribbon cables being loose or positioned the wrong way? I've had my PS3 phat for over a year now and throughout that time, I've suffered from ylod at least 4 times. I thought it may have been from overheating, so I got it reflowed, changed the thermal paste, and changed the fans to make it cooler. However, my main issue is that ylod had mostly occurred whenever I try to create a backup of one of my discs in Multiman? Does anyone know what could be the direct cause of that?
Advertising
Casavult

Re: Alternative YLOD Issue?

Post by Casavult »

I have a original 60GB PS3 that randomly shuts off. I have always thought it was YLOD but I was later told by someone it could be a power issue in the console.
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
Bert960

Re: Alternative YLOD Issue?

Post by Bert960 »

Were you able to confirm that it was a power issue? For me, I think it might be the Blu-Ray Drive. I'm not sure. I rarely use it to play discs but in all the cases in which I got ylod. it was always from dumping a game in Multiman. I always checked the temperature of the system each time I use it and I definitely know that it wasn't caused by the system being hot. I watched a video somewhere where if any of the ribbon cables are not properly positioned, the system might be convinced it's ylod and would shut off.

Return to “General”