Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Dualshock 3 cannot start system as expected.

Everything that is PS3-related but doesn't go in any other subforum
Side.Step.Society

Dualshock 3 cannot start system as expected.

Post by Side.Step.Society »

When attempting to start my PS3 with my DS3 controller, the system powers on, but the controller refuses to pair, flashing all four lights on top of the controller, until I plug in the USB cable or press and hold the PS button and then press it once again.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

-Chris.
Advertising
gamr13

Re: Dualshock 3 cannot start system as expected.

Post by gamr13 »

Please note that the Dualshock 3 controller can ONLY turn on a PS3 console after a SUCCESSFUL shut down. By holding the PS button and pressing "Turn off system" or by pressing the power button on the PS3 and waiting for the blinking green light to go red. The PS3 will not allow the controller to turn it on if you abruptly cut power from the console without letting is shut down properly

tl;dr - shut the PS3 down properly first.
Advertising
PS Vita: 3.60 - d-fend
PSP: 6.60 Pro B-10 - d-fend
PS3 - gamr12 (And d-fend)
Side.Step.Society

Thanks for the response.

I am aware that the controller will only power on the PS3 after a successful shutdown, however, that is not the issue.

The controller successfully powers on the PS3, but it does not connect. It remains flashing all 4 LEDs along the top unless I press and hold down the PS button until they all turn off, then press it once more to reconnect it, or connect the USB cable.
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Side.Step.Society wrote:Thanks for the response.

I am aware that the controller will only power on the PS3 after a successful shutdown, however, that is not the issue.

The controller successfully powers on the PS3, but it does not connect. It remains flashing all 4 LEDs along the top unless I press and hold down the PS button until they all turn off, then press it once more to reconnect it, or connect the USB cable.
This happens a lot with me other wifi or Bluetooth devices cause interference with will cause a improper connection no real fix for it but hold and reconnect or like you stated plug unplug will fix it for different bt connection
Side.Step.Society

Interesting. The number of surrounding Wi-Fi/Bluetooth devices hasn't really changed, but I suspected it may have come along with a custom firmware update at some point.

May I ask what firmware you're running or maybe if you noticed it while on OFW?
RandQalan

Post by RandQalan »

Side.Step.Society wrote:Interesting. The number of surrounding Wi-Fi/Bluetooth devices hasn't really changed, but I suspected it may have come along with a custom firmware update at some point.

May I ask what firmware you're running or maybe if you noticed it while on OFW?
Rebug 4.81.2 it is random when it happens and yes I have a lot of surrounding people with wifi and BT
Side.Step.Society

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm also running Rebug and believe it cropped up for me when I initially installed it. I had a bit of time with other CFWs before Rebug but did not experience the issue with the others.

Return to “General”