Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

3.18 TNV11 bubble and TNX question

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
ANU815

3.18 TNV11 bubble and TNX question

Post by ANU815 »

Reading the comments for the hackinformer guide for the TNV11 bubble, someone mentioned that The new TNV11 bubble method and TNX use the same save game folder. Does this mean if I do the new bubble method on my 3.18, TNX will no longer work?

Also, side question. Any chance the tnv loader iso used in the bubble blower homebrew will be released so I can use it with the original fake.np bubble method? I still seem to have most success with that method. I want to finally make all of my PSP isos into bubbles that are based on TNV so I keep the savestate plugin. This is similar to the homebrew loader bubble method based on ARK.
Advertising
reprep

Re: 3.18 TNV11 bubble and TNX question

Post by reprep »

New released TNV11 bubble and TNX both use the same folder "TNV" and yes, that is a problem.

Previous release of TNV11 used to boot from another directory. It would be better to find that.

I have a version of TNV booter that boots from ECFW01234 folder so that it leaves TNX alone. It is not public afaik, but probably it is an older build from the now circulating one.
Advertising
ANU815

Post by ANU815 »

Thanks @reprep. That's what I was afraid of. Having a working TNX and TNV is the only reason I think 3.18 is still the golden standard. I only wish I could easily back up individual "&-trick" bubbles and have PSP game bubbles that were TNV based so that savestates was available and then TNV would not be as needed. Guess I'll just wait and see. Thanks again.
Cyber

Post by Cyber »

Yes, the latest versions of TN-V11 and TN-X conflict because of "TNV" folder.
However, it's possible to make them use separate folders by patching TN-X's H.BIN file.
Open it in a hex editor of your choice and you'll see "ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/TNV/TN.BIN" text string at the end of file.
Change "TNV" part of it to resolve the conflict. I used "TNX", and it works fine after renaming "TNV" folder appropriately (to "TNX" in my case).

That said, I still prefer TN-V10 (which doesn't use TNV folder) for my 3.18 Vita because of its ability to run homebrews disguised as PSP game addons from XMB menu, something which TN-V11 lacks.

Return to “TN CEF”