Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] 6.60 TN-V10

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Freakler

Re: [RELEASE] 6.60 TN-V10

Post by Freakler »

Wolfmade wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:
Wolfmade wrote:Please add the Sony driver back, certain games work only with that driver for me.
Really? Like?
EU Patapon 3 and VCS with the cheat device plugin only work with the Sony driver for me, for some weird reason.
VCS Cheat Device is working fine here with TN-V10.
Advertising
PSVita 1001 - 3.60
PSVita 1004 - 3.60 IDU
PSVita 1004 - 2.02 TN-V
PSP 2004 - 6.60 ME-1.8 (TA-085v1)
PSP 1004 - 5.00 M33-6 (TA-081)
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

The Z wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:Changelog TN-V10:
- Added CSPSP Online Multiplayer support! COME ONLINE BUDDIES!
- Added homebrew sorter feature support in PSPFiler.
- Added TN SaveState Plugin support with PS1 games using PEOPS SPU plugin.
- Added 'SELECT button' in recovery menu. Now you can either open the VSH menu or the recovery menu by pressing SELECT in the XMB.
- Added 'Suspend device' and 'Restart VSH' to recovery menu.

- Added 'Reset TN-V settings' in recovery menu (Advanced ->).
- Removed March33 and Sony NP9660 ISO drivers. The default ISO driver is now Inferno Driver.
Cool updates/changes!

Highly questionable. Not sure what to think of this...
If you don't like the in-XMB recovery menu feature, so don't use it. Why should it bother you? Do you really dare to judge my decisions on my own work, The Zett?
Advertising
Fadi5555

Post by Fadi5555 »

That's Amazing bro
You are rock.
Keep your doing up. We all love you. And always waiting for your amazing new things like (TN-V and all features inside it)
Last edited by Fadi5555 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

@Total_Noob:

I am just stating my opinion?

Since when do you give a flying **** what I think? This hasn't been the case since months.

Edit:

My problem with the new recovery menu is a lack of convenience:
Explanation
TN HEN / Old TN eCFW / ME CFW / LME CFW / M33 CFW:

- Change something inside the Recovery Menu that affects the VSH (in this case also GAME/POPS).
- Leave the Recovery Menu.
- VSH will automatically be reset on its own. Will respect new changes (e.g. hide MAC address).

New TN eCFW / PRO CFW:

- Change something inside the Recovery Menu that affects the VSH.
- Leave the Recovery Menu.
- You are now back in the XMB, no automatical VSH reset happens. You have to manually restart/reset the device for the changes to be respected (e.g. hide MAC address).

If you change something that affects the GAME or POPS mode, it does not matter if your Recovery Menu is a mode on its own (1st example) or if it is an overlay (2nd example), since you will have to switch into the GAME/POPS mode at first, and that will respect the new changes you've made.

If you change something that affects the VSH mode (the XMB), then the changes will happen upon leaving the Recovery Menu, if you use the 1st example, but you will have to restart/reset manually, if you use the 2nd example.

The overlay Recovery Menu is a cool function and idea, but the execution is flawed.

If it could detect dynamically if the VSH has to be reset or not (changes ISO driver -> no automatical restart | changes Hide MAC address function -> automatical restart), then that would be the perfect solution (it would also make the "reset VSH" function, that should not be inside a recovery menu in the first place, obsolete).

Otherwise I would prefer the older variant of using the Recovery Menu as its own mode (like booting into the Recovery Menu from a cold boot).

The "standby function" inside the recovery menu is also unnecessary. Just press the lock (or home, then lock) button of the PS Vita.
In the end this is TN works and TNs decision, but I am just stating my opinion on this.
Last edited by The Z on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Only thing I find questionable is the removal of the Sony driver, Everything else is optional and does not interfere with anything so meh.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
vampirovic

Post by vampirovic »

merci beaucoup Total-Noob
mlc

Post by mlc »

What was the reasoning behind removing the other drivers? Just to simplify the code, since Inferno seems to do most everything better? And, assuming people do find some games that can't work without NP9660 or March33*, would adding them back be an option?

*I assume it would almost have to be a game that requires NP9660, since afaik all M33 games work with Inferno
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

mlc wrote:What was the reasoning behind removing the other drivers? Just to simplify the code, since Inferno seems to do most everything better? And, assuming people do find some games that can't work without NP9660 or March33*, would adding them back be an option?

*I assume it would almost have to be a game that requires NP9660, since afaik all M33 games work with Inferno
Yes, I really thought all games are supported with Inferno Driver, that's why I have removed the rest. But I can easiely still add them back.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

mlc wrote:since afaik all M33 games work with Inferno
Inferno is a bug fixed M33 just with a different name.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
mlc

Post by mlc »

Total-Noob wrote: Yes, I really thought all games are supported with Inferno Driver, that's why I have removed the rest. But I can easiely still add them back.
You're probably right, so I doubt having them removed will be much of a problem. The only games I can think of that require a specific driver required Inferno/M33, so hopefully people will notice if there's an issue with some particular game/plugin requiring NP9660. Not to say I don't like to have the choice, but if it's literally pointless then there's no reason to leave it in since it might complicate your code and only has the potential to confuse people who change away from Inferno and then have a problem, either due to file size or compatibility issues with the Sony driver. (and releasing a TN-V10 with all 3 drivers and a TN-V10 with only Inferno would kind of defeat the point of simplifying things)
fate6 wrote:
mlc wrote:since afaik all M33 games work with Inferno
Inferno is a bug fixed M33 just with a different name.
Yeah, that's what I thought, so it would be extremely odd for a game to only work with the older, worse version. Presumably most bugs with Inferno have been found by now, since it's the more common driver unless you're still on ~5.00.

Return to “TN CEF”