Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] 6.60 TN-V9.7

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
acex222

Re: [RELEASE] 6.60 TN-V9

Post by acex222 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks. I love what you do, and I'll see if I can get any major bugs you might want to know about.
Advertising

kakarotto

Post by kakarotto » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:05 pm

iCEQB wrote:Metal Gear Solid 1 still has no sound after the PS1 boot logo :(
mgs1 hangs after kcej screen if you don't hit Start @ konami screen. Then, at least for me, it hangs again whataver i do. :cry:
And yes, no sound after PS1 logo
Advertising
Last edited by kakarotto on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iCEQB

Post by iCEQB » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 pm

kakarotto wrote:
iCEQB wrote:Metal Gear Solid 1 still has no sound after the PS1 boot logo :(
mgs1 hangs after kcej screen if you don't hit Start @ konami screen. Then, at least for me, it hangs again whataver i do. :cry:
I can confirm that :/

Codyx

Post by Codyx » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you very much!! :D

GBOT
Developer

Post by GBOT » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Tried Chrono Cross, gets stuck after pressing start in the intro screen (sound repeats bugged) :o :o :o
Github
Twitter

Can't give enough crepes

josh_axey
Retired Mod

Post by josh_axey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Total-Noob wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:We can expect SMOKE to do that PSX game thread I suppose.
Also, if the SPU emulation is a port of PEOPS (which is GPLv2) shouldn't you have to release source code for that portion?
dang, totally forgot that xD will do it tommorow
Looking forward to taking a look at it. :)
Catch me: on Twitter | on GitHub | Rambling
【・ヘ・?】0b00000101

Edzo04

Post by Edzo04 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:08 am

So far I am not having much luck with the games I have. Got a couple immediate crashes and some games just have a super loud static sound. Going to keep testing my games and play around with the settings. Thanks for releasing so early into the 48 hours

boughtavita

Post by boughtavita » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:09 am

Tried Three PS1 games bought from PSN store
Mickey's wild adventure - Sound and game very laggy and freezes before you can start the game
Final Fantasy IX Sound not too laggy but not all sound is replicated - so sounds odd (And might be a bit fast?). Once you get into the game it's a bit laggy and slow - tried out getting into a battle and the game froze
Final Fantrasy VII - Sound is a bit laggy and slow on intro movie - pretty sure all sound is being replicated though. Once you get into the game, it's too slow, like you're doing a spaceman walk hahaha. Sound is slowed down too

So far not too much luck - but hey, we're getting sound! Hopefully there's room for improvement here, and it's not just a hardware limitation of the PSP? Will try messing with the SPU settings later on and see if I can get any luck
Last edited by boughtavita on Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TVerres

Post by TVerres » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:20 am

So a quick question when it comes to setting up TN-Vx. I was watching the hacking community for a while in 2012 looking for an exploit but couldn't find anything until the PSN games thing popped up. I had always missed those games and was not able to get an exploitable version. Now that I'm looking back at this about a year later, I can't exactly determine what I need game-wise. Should I be buying ANY of the games on the list or did I need to have that version before it got patched on the PSN? I haven't updated my Vita since ver. 2.05 in hopes for a solid exploit, and I'm wary on spending what little funds I have.

I've seen the lists of games that are supposedly compatible, but I'm not 100% sure if those games are currently compatible as-is if it's already patched by Sony. I'd love to get some help on this before I start throwing my card info at Sony to get a game that I will never actually play or something.

Edit: Since when did PSP hacking have to get so dang hard? I used to be able to hack all my actual PSPs back in the day with no problems; even the "unhackables" weren't as bad as this.

boughtavita

Post by boughtavita » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:27 am

TVerres wrote:I've seen the lists of games that are supposedly compatible, but I'm not 100% sure if those games are currently compatible as-is if it's already patched by Sony. I'd love to get some help on this before I start throwing my card info at Sony to get a game that I will never actually play or something.

Edit: Since when did PSP hacking have to get so dang hard? I used to be able to hack all my actual PSPs back in the day with no problems; even the "unhackables" weren't as bad as this.
The games get patched (Well, the exploit savedata is blacklisted iirc) in Vita Firmware updates, so the games themselves aren't actually patched. If you have a PS3 - you should be able to buy any of the exploit games that are back on the PSN store that are compatible with your firmware, use the PS3 to transfer the game and OpenCMA on your PC to transfer the exploit savedata.

Return to “TN CEF”