Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
#353056 by Lord Zero
Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:40 am
Thanks TN for your amazing work as always. I came to report an issue. I had the Ika Musume cmb theme for a while. Switched to the Persona 3 one and it wouldnt load at all. The tnv froze and will not start at all ever since. I managed to fix it by disabling the plugin through the recovery start (press R while the tnv loads). I will try rolling back to 8.0 and checking other themes. Tried the US megaman x games. They work full speed, great sound, no issues whatsoever so far.
Advertising
#353075 by Dante69
Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:04 pm
Show wrote:Nevermind, solved my own problem. Good ol' Run as Administrator fixed my open CMA issues.

Edit:

Okay, new issue. I'm trying to install Vita FTP now and it's not showing up under the memory stick in TN-V. I arranged it so that it's in the INSTALL.ZIP folder as PSP/GAME/VITAFTP/EBOOT.PBP. Also, set it to Store before archiving it. Transferred with CMA, but it doesn't show up in the XMB. Any suggestion on what I'm missing?
I used PSPfiler to unzip the INSTALL.ZIP file in PSP/GAME folder in the Vita and it works. I just zip the homebrew itself and not put it in any extra folders into the INSTALL.ZIP file.
Advertising
#353197 by vitasav
Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 am
darkmgcian23 wrote:TN..we waiting for update TN-V 9....
maybe TN-V 10 ... for PSX game perfect sound :D
thanks

be lucky theres sound at all, i didn't think it was good enough an we'd have to wait til the vita was hacked an use sony's driver.

glad i was wrong.

gotta give credit to everyone involved in this.
#353202 by Total-Noob
Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 am
vitasav wrote:
darkmgcian23 wrote:TN..we waiting for update TN-V 9....
maybe TN-V 10 ... for PSX game perfect sound :D
thanks

be lucky theres sound at all, i didn't think it was good enough an we'd have to wait til the vita was hacked an use sony's driver.

glad i was wrong.

gotta give credit to everyone involved in this.

Credits go to PEOPS Team.
#353226 by Total-Noob
Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:19 pm
Changelog TN-V9.6:
- Added sctrlHENLoadModuleOnReboot function.
- Fixed execution of plain modules in buffer.
- Fixed garbled sound -> enhanced PS1 compatibility.
- Changed default PEOPS SPU settings.
#353321 by mindglitch
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:31 pm
just updated to 9.6 via wifi and it shows great improvement. i no longer had to hard reset the vita after the update. it jumped straight into the psp xmb after installation. also tried a psn store bought ps1 game (mega man 1) and what a huge improvement in sound quality! the music was no longer choppy and played smooth. still a slight distortion that i was able to ignore. it definitely sounds a lot better. hopefully everyone else experiences the same.

thanks total noob and keep kickin ***!
#353330 by O-bake
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 am
Wow, major improvements in PS1 sound! (Although I had to hard reset my Vita after the update...no biggie)

I just had a quick test with Tony Hawks on PS1 (my benchmark game, as I know it by heart). The sound effects and gameplay/speed are perfect, only the background music sounds like a very low bitrate mp3. The in-game music is original CD-audio. I haven't played with the settings yet, but I would like to ask what they basically mean in simple words. The more option we have, the more combinations are possible...
#353354 by qwikrazor87
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:35 am
rjwboys wrote:- Added sctrlHENLoadModuleOnReboot function. what is this?

You can read the info about it here,
https://github.com/uofw/uofwinst/blob/master/include/systemctrl.h
#353356 by vitasav
Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 am
Total-Noob wrote:Changelog TN-V9.6:
- Added sctrlHENLoadModuleOnReboot function.
- Fixed execution of plain modules in buffer.
- Fixed garbled sound -> enhanced PS1 compatibility.
- Changed default PEOPS SPU settings.

awesome, do you think there will be a point where most games will run full speed with good quality sound?

hopefully.

anyway just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved, having a fully functioning cfw psp inside a vita is great.

:twisted: