Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
sylosisfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by sylosisfan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 am

Hey guys, yet another noob question for you all:

I have followed the instructions on how to get ISOs on TN-V (renaming files in all caps, XXXXXXXX.ISO, all with eight letter maximums, applied to savedata file), but nothing seems to be showing up in the Memory Stick section where these ISOs are supposed to be. Am I missing something? Are PSone game ISOs handles differently than that of PSP ISOs? What is the best way for me to remedy this issue? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Advertising

gdljjrod
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by gdljjrod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:53 am

PSONE Games --> EBOOT.PBP
Advertising

sylosisfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by sylosisfan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:19 am

gdljjrod wrote:PSONE Games --> EBOOT.PBP
Thanks friend.

So, I took what ISOs I wanted to throw onto the TN-V, converted them with PSX2PSP, which turned those ISOs into EBOOT.PBP files. I renamed them with their game title + .PBP (so, XXXXX.PBP) so I could put them all in the savedata file.

Am I going about this the right way?

User avatar
The Z
VIP
Posts: 5505
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 pm
Location: Deutschland
Contact:

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by The Z » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:39 am

Nearly:

It would more have to be:

/RANDOM_NAME/FBOOT.PBP

(FBOOT.PBP for the eCFW, EBOOT.PBP for a PSP CFW)
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞

sylosisfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by sylosisfan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:06 am

The Z wrote:Nearly:

It would more have to be:

/RANDOM_NAME/FBOOT.PBP

(FBOOT.PBP for the eCFW, EBOOT.PBP for a PSP CFW)
Thanks for that, Z.

I have made the changes Z recommended, which would be renaming the EBOOT.PBP files to FBOOT.PBP, then keeping them in their respective files (if I messed anything up, PLEASE correct me, lol). I then moved the files (folder and all) to the savedata file with everything else, but the OCMA is telling me the file size of this savedata file is smaller than what my PC says (776 MB on the OCMA, 2.27 GB on my PC). Do these files need to be zipped or coded in some fashion? What step am I missing exactly?

-----
Well, I have tried every method I have seen out there and in every variation I can think of in order for these FBOOT/EBOOT files to work. I filed the EBOOTs according to instruction, I zipped the organized files, I included the POPS_01G.PRX and POPCORN.PRX in my savedata file, and still no luck. I have referenced this link for instructions, also, but nothing has worked (CMA shows the file size is about right, but no games show up when I launch exploit): viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18691

I am hoping one of you out there can help me with this. Anyone able to do it in a step-by-step so I know what my savedata file should look like?
Last edited by jc_gargma on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

theleftykid
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by theleftykid » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

HERE

[Removed by mod]

to make your life more easy.. My vita still not hack.. -sigh- ....Good for those people who got the game.. My bloody vita has no life.. I put it back in the box and I am using my PSP 3000 instead.. not cool at all..
Last edited by fate6 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed warez link

metalman1661
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by metalman1661 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm

sylosisfan wrote:Well, I have tried every method I have seen out there and in every variation I can think of in order for these FBOOT/EBOOT files to work. I filed the EBOOTs according to instruction, I zipped the organized files, I included the POPS_01G.PRX and POPCORN.PRX in my savedata file, and still no luck. I have referenced this link for instructions, also, but nothing has worked (CMA shows the file size is about right, but no games show up when I launch exploit): viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18691

I am hoping one of you out there can help me with this. Anyone able to do it in a step-by-step so I know what my savedata file should look like?
OK it seems like you are almost there.

File structure should be: PSP/GAME/GAMENAME/EBOOT.PBP (or FBOOT.PBP since both work)

Zip up the file and name it something short like A.ZIP (note .ZIP MUST BE UPPERCASE!!)

Put this A.ZIP file into the savedata folder where the exploit is located on your PC. Copy to Vita using CMA (note, the size of the savefile should be the same as the size it shows on PC)

Load up exploit and go to the memory stick under 'Game' in the XMB. You should see your game install file. Click triangle and install. Click yes to delete the .ZIP after installation. back out of 'Game' and go to the memory stick in 'Videos' then back out and go back to the memory stick in 'Games' and you should see your game you just installed at the top of the list.

Note this method works with multiple games in the 'PSP/GAME/" folder for a group installation. The only bug I noticed is you may get some lag and an error the first time you open the memory stick in 'Game' within the XMB if you have a large .ZIP file. If this happens just reload the exploit and the 'Game' folder within XMB should show the installation file. NOTE, it will only show one installation in the XMB per .ZIP!!!. This means if you have multiple games in "PSP/GAME/" it will only show the first game in the folder but it will install all the games. Installation for groups of games will take longer for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Your original method using a .ISO file is ONLY for PSP games not PS1 games!!. PS1 games must be in the structure I explained above and must be a .PBP file.

sylosisfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by sylosisfan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:10 pm

metalman1661 wrote:
sylosisfan wrote:Well, I have tried every method I have seen out there and in every variation I can think of in order for these FBOOT/EBOOT files to work. I filed the EBOOTs according to instruction, I zipped the organized files, I included the POPS_01G.PRX and POPCORN.PRX in my savedata file, and still no luck. I have referenced this link for instructions, also, but nothing has worked (CMA shows the file size is about right, but no games show up when I launch exploit): viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18691

I am hoping one of you out there can help me with this. Anyone able to do it in a step-by-step so I know what my savedata file should look like?
OK it seems like you are almost there.

File structure should be: PSP/GAME/GAMENAME/EBOOT.PBP (or FBOOT.PBP since both work)

Zip up the file and name it something short like A.ZIP (note .ZIP MUST BE UPPERCASE!!)

Put this A.ZIP file into the savedata folder where the exploit is located on your PC. Copy to Vita using CMA (note, the size of the savefile should be the same as the size it shows on PC)

Load up exploit and go to the memory stick under 'Game' in the XMB. You should see your game install file. Click triangle and install. Click yes to delete the .ZIP after installation. back out of 'Game' and go to the memory stick in 'Videos' then back out and go back to the memory stick in 'Games' and you should see your game you just installed at the top of the list.

Note this method works with multiple games in the 'PSP/GAME/" folder for a group installation. The only bug I noticed is you may get some lag and an error the first time you open the memory stick in 'Game' within the XMB if you have a large .ZIP file. If this happens just reload the exploit and the 'Game' folder within XMB should show the installation file. NOTE, it will only show one installation in the XMB per .ZIP!!!. This means if you have multiple games in "PSP/GAME/" it will only show the first game in the folder but it will install all the games. Installation for groups of games will take longer for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Your original method using a .ISO file is ONLY for PSP games not PS1 games!!. PS1 games must be in the structure I explained above and must be a .PBP file.
Thanks so much, Metal Man. However, despite following every step to the letter, the game install prompt is not showing up on the XMB. I am at a loss as to what else can possibly be done. I am gonna try taking away the .ZIP in the zip file name and see if that possibly works (since it worked that way for the SNES9X and NESTERJ emulators). Any more advice on this?

metalman1661
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by metalman1661 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:41 pm

sylosisfan wrote:
metalman1661 wrote:
sylosisfan wrote:Well, I have tried every method I have seen out there and in every variation I can think of in order for these FBOOT/EBOOT files to work. I filed the EBOOTs according to instruction, I zipped the organized files, I included the POPS_01G.PRX and POPCORN.PRX in my savedata file, and still no luck. I have referenced this link for instructions, also, but nothing has worked (CMA shows the file size is about right, but no games show up when I launch exploit): viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18691

I am hoping one of you out there can help me with this. Anyone able to do it in a step-by-step so I know what my savedata file should look like?
OK it seems like you are almost there.

File structure should be: PSP/GAME/GAMENAME/EBOOT.PBP (or FBOOT.PBP since both work)

Zip up the file and name it something short like A.ZIP (note .ZIP MUST BE UPPERCASE!!)

Put this A.ZIP file into the savedata folder where the exploit is located on your PC. Copy to Vita using CMA (note, the size of the savefile should be the same as the size it shows on PC)

Load up exploit and go to the memory stick under 'Game' in the XMB. You should see your game install file. Click triangle and install. Click yes to delete the .ZIP after installation. back out of 'Game' and go to the memory stick in 'Videos' then back out and go back to the memory stick in 'Games' and you should see your game you just installed at the top of the list.

Note this method works with multiple games in the 'PSP/GAME/" folder for a group installation. The only bug I noticed is you may get some lag and an error the first time you open the memory stick in 'Game' within the XMB if you have a large .ZIP file. If this happens just reload the exploit and the 'Game' folder within XMB should show the installation file. NOTE, it will only show one installation in the XMB per .ZIP!!!. This means if you have multiple games in "PSP/GAME/" it will only show the first game in the folder but it will install all the games. Installation for groups of games will take longer for obvious reasons.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT* Your original method using a .ISO file is ONLY for PSP games not PS1 games!!. PS1 games must be in the structure I explained above and must be a .PBP file.
Thanks so much, Metal Man. However, despite following every step to the letter, the game install prompt is not showing up on the XMB. I am at a loss as to what else can possibly be done. I am gonna try taking away the .ZIP in the zip file name and see if that possibly works (since it worked that way for the SNES9X and NESTERJ emulators). Any more advice on this?

Interesting. Are you running Windows XP, 7 or 8? If so do you have it set to show the full file extension?

By this I mean, within a folder within Windows click on Tools>Folder Options (you may have to press ALT for File, Edit, View, Tool etc. to show up at the top). Then click on the 'View' tab and withn the 'Advanced settings' area search for an option that says 'Hide extensions for known files types'. Make sure this is UNCHECKED. This will make all the files within windows explorer to show as, for example, FILE.ZIP, PICTURE.JPG, TEXT.TXT, and so on. In other words you will be able to see the file extension.

I apologize if you are already aware of this information but it the only idea I have. I am thinking the file may be named, in our case, A.ZIP.zip where the actual file extension is lowercase.

If this is not the case then I unfortunately do not know why this is not working for you.

So you said you were able to install emulators such as Nester and SNES9X? What file structure did you use for them might I ask?

sylosisfan
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: PSone ISOs on TN-V Fifa 11 Exploit

Post by sylosisfan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Sweet! The disabling of "hide file extensions" trick worked! I was making the rookie mistake of letting my files become XXXX.ZIP.zip, but thanks to that file extension trick I was able to make everything all caps! I discovered that the SNES9X and NesterJ zip files were pre-caps'd, so I was under the impression it had no .ZIP at all. Unveiling the file extensions revealed just what was happening. Thank you so much, metalman, for helping me through all this! Now on to much gaming!

Post Reply

Return to “TN CEF”