Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

SNES9xTYL Mecm v0.4.2 Mod r26: Best Settings?

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
sylosisfan

SNES9xTYL Mecm v0.4.2 Mod r26: Best Settings?

Post by sylosisfan »

Just started getting into all of this, so please bare with me if I am slow to understand, but what are the best settings to run the SNES9xTYL Mecm v0.4.2 Mod r26? The issue I seem to be running into is, when playing more fast paced SNES games (for instance Megaman X), the more that is going on in the game (multiple enemies/obstacles), the game starts slowing down in both motion and sound.

Any advice you guys may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Advertising
guile

Re: SNES9xTYL Mecm v0.4.2 Mod r26: Best Settings?

Post by guile »

On some games that use the Super FX chip (Megaman X2, X3) or Mode7 (F-Zero, Mario Kart) a lot, there is slowdown no matter what settings you use. On certain ones, you can get them to be very playable with a few tweaks. For me the most useful ones are setting the PSP clockspeed to 333Mhz and frameskip to 1-3. That's usually enough to get them to be pretty good.
Advertising
sylosisfan

Post by sylosisfan »

guile wrote:On some games that use the Super FX chip (Megaman X2, X3) or Mode7 (F-Zero, Mario Kart) a lot, there is slowdown no matter what settings you use. On certain ones, you can get them to be very playable with a few tweaks. For me the most useful ones are setting the PSP clockspeed to 333Mhz and frameskip to 1-3. That's usually enough to get them to be pretty good.
Thanks so much for that! I think I got a couple of sweet spots figured out for the MMX games. Donkey Kong Country also proved difficult, but I think I narrowed that down, too. I appreciate your advice, guile!
wizard

Post by wizard »

sylosisfan wrote:
guile wrote:On some games that use the Super FX chip (Megaman X2, X3) or Mode7 (F-Zero, Mario Kart) a lot, there is slowdown no matter what settings you use. On certain ones, you can get them to be very playable with a few tweaks. For me the most useful ones are setting the PSP clockspeed to 333Mhz and frameskip to 1-3. That's usually enough to get them to be pretty good.
Thanks so much for that! I think I got a couple of sweet spots figured out for the MMX games. Donkey Kong Country also proved difficult, but I think I narrowed that down, too. I appreciate your advice, guile!
For Donkey Kong Country to run more faster try Turning on Ignore palette write. Go to Misc then Hack/debug menu. This might also work for other game that runs slow.
1k White Vita 3.65 - Black Vita 3.60/3G PSVSD
2k JP Blue&Black Vita 3.60
PS TV 3.60 - PS TV up to date
PS3 slim up to date
PS4 1.75 - PS4 up to date
Kigo

Post by Kigo »

wizard wrote:
sylosisfan wrote:
For Donkey Kong Country to run more faster try Turning on Ignore palette write. Go to Misc then Hack/debug menu. This might also work for other game that runs slow.
Wow... that ignore palette write works like magic. Thanks

Return to “TN CEF”