Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
#329598 by Total-Noob
Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm
TN SaveState Plugin v1
by Total_Noob

Donation
All my works are voluntary and non-profit. But if you want to support me you can donate me a small amount of money. I'll take it with great pleasure:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... id=8158859

Introduction
Imagine you're playing a difficult level where you need so much time to go through, but you always fail at the end against the big boss.
This shouldn't be annoying anymore, as with this plugin you can save and load states WHENEVER, WHEREVER you want. You can ehm call it...ehm kinda cheating,
but this plugin can also be used for other purposes! In example to make checkpoints in 'Lego' games: I totally like them, but it is kinda annoying that
you can only save your data after a LONG play time of a level.
The PSP/PS Vita is intended for short gaming sessions and this is possible! WITH THIS PLUGIN! Now you can fastly switch from game to game, WITH THIS PLUGIN!
It is definitely an ultimate addon to the Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V. Also, it is compatible in XMB, PSP GAMES, PS1 GAMES, HOMEBREWS...

Instructions
Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V has got a built-in plugin installer. This makes plugin installation as easily as never before:
* Copy 'P_SVST.ZIP' to the savedata folder where you usually put your ISOs, homebrews or plugins to. Transfer the savedata to the PS Vita using CMA.
* Boot up the exploit and keep the R trigger pressing while the screen turns from white to green. Now you should be in the recovery menu.
* Select 'Plugins ->', then 'Plugins installer ->' and install the archive 'P_SVST.ZIP'.

SaveStates
IMPORTANT! The author will not be responsible of any kind of data loss.
To bring up the 'TN SaveState Plugin' menu, hold the START button for one second. You can choose your savestate by using the dialog pad:
* UP/DOWN: Move through slots, up to 10 slots.
* LEFT/RIGHT: Move through different games.
To save/load a state press R respectively L. Then it is important that you go to the livearea (by pressing the blue PlayStation button) and return back
to complete the procedure. This can take some seconds, as the savestate is a 31MB RAM dump compressed (expected compressed size: 3-20MB).
For FW's below 2.10, the procedure takes some more seconds. After the completion, the (new) game will be resumed automatically.
The savestates are located at /PSP/SAVESTATE/.

Issues
If there are games which have problems or are not compatible with this plugin, please report them. Those bugs are already known and couldn't be fixed yet:
* Savestates of XMB are not stable at the moment, so don't use them. However loading states from XMB should work fine.
* Some savestates have got sound issues when they are loaded from XMB or from an other game, so better launch the game first and then load its savestate.

To developers
If you are interested in working on/improving/extending this plugin, feel free to contact me.

Credits
Thanks to Dark_AleX for 'pspstates experiment'. This plugin is inspired of of. However the whole plugin itself was written by me alone.
Thanks to maxem for the libmenu.
Thanks to takka for utf8-sjis conversion.
Thanks to hackinformer for betatesting and all his great support.
Thanks to abdou005 for betatesting.

Download: http://hackinformer.com/TN-V/tn_savestate_plugin_v1.rar

Have fun,
TN
Advertising
Last edited by Total-Noob on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#329599 by Taronish3
Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:52 pm
Cool
Advertising
#329613 by TheDevilItSelf!
Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:54 pm
:o the plugin is awesome thank you TN. :mrgreen:

by the way this are my games:

from XMB:

1.Tales of Eternia loads fine with audio.(xmb)

2.Dante's Inferno has no audio.(xmb)

in game:

3.Parasite Eve, once i savestate audio stop working.
issue: once i savestate parasite eve/ and try to load
dantes inferno savestate it wont load the savestate.
this freezes the savestate plugin not sure why.
actually i had to close TN-V and restart the Psvita.
from XMB it has no audio once savestate is loaded.


i'm thinking that if you load a savestate and the game has no audio
and try to load another game savestate will make the plugin crash somehow.
Last edited by TheDevilItSelf! on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#329615 by Total-Noob
Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 pm
TheDevilItSelf! wrote::o the plugin is awesome thank you TN. :mrgreen:

by the way this are my games:

from XMB:
Tales of Eternia loads fine with audio.
Dante's Inferno has no audio.
Parasite Eve, once i savestate audio stop working.
issue: once i savestate parasite eve/ and try to load
dantes inferno savestate it wont load the savestate.
this freezes the savestate plugin not sure why.


Yup, some games have no sound if you load the savestate directly from XMB. If it is the case, just boot the game first and then load the savestate. It's even explained in the readme ;D
TN
#329620 by TheDevilItSelf!
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 pm
Total-Noob wrote:
TheDevilItSelf! wrote::o the plugin is awesome thank you TN. :mrgreen:

by the way this are my games:

from XMB:
Tales of Eternia loads fine with audio.
Dante's Inferno has no audio.
Parasite Eve, once i savestate audio stop working.
issue: once i savestate parasite eve/ and try to load
dantes inferno savestate it wont load the savestate.
this freezes the savestate plugin not sure why.


Yup, some games have no sound if you load the savestate directly from XMB. If it is the case, just boot the game first and then load the savestate. It's even explained in the readme ;D
TN


TN i know this issue is there,but that not it, Parasite eve 3rd Bday once you savestate from in game
the audio in the game stops working the game will lose audio either way in game or from XMB. plus
if you load the savestate of a game with no audio and try to load another savestate this time the dante's
inferno savestate i have, the savestate wont even load and it freezes the plugin.

Tested: the way that you said it:
load game then savestate, once parasite eve is loaded normally i load the savestate savestate
load game without audio.i say parasite eve is incompatible with TN save state plugin we have found
a game that wont work at all. eitherin game or from XMB the savestate gives no audio.

NEXT: Load Dante's Inferno normally the load the savestate, works/loads great
with audio but if you jump to another game that game has no audio. funny cause
i jump from dantes inferno to tales of eternia before and it had audio. weird.
#329627 by Total-Noob
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:28 pm
TheDevilItSelf! wrote:
Total-Noob wrote:
TheDevilItSelf! wrote::o the plugin is awesome thank you TN. :mrgreen:

by the way this are my games:

from XMB:
Tales of Eternia loads fine with audio.
Dante's Inferno has no audio.
Parasite Eve, once i savestate audio stop working.
issue: once i savestate parasite eve/ and try to load
dantes inferno savestate it wont load the savestate.
this freezes the savestate plugin not sure why.


Yup, some games have no sound if you load the savestate directly from XMB. If it is the case, just boot the game first and then load the savestate. It's even explained in the readme ;D
TN


TN i know this issue is there,but that not it, Parasite eve 3rd Bday once you savestate from in game
the audio in the game stops working the game will lose audio either way in game or from XMB. plus
if you load the savestate of a game with no audio and try to load another savestate this time the dante's
inferno savestate i have, the savestate wont even load and it freezes the plugin.

Tested: the way that you said it:
load game then savestate, once parasite eve is loaded normally i load the savestate savestate
load game without audio.i say parasite eve is incompatible with TN save state plugin we have found
a game that wont work at all. eitherin game or from XMB the savestate gives no audio.

NEXT: Load Dante's Inferno normally the load the savestate, works/loads great
with audio but if you jump to another game that game has no audio. funny cause
i jump from dantes inferno to tales of eternia before and it had audio. weird.


You're right. There are games where you have audio and others don't have. The problem is that the games, which don't have audio, initialize the sascore module (for sounds) outside the PSPEmu - in kermit. This means that when you try to load these savestates from games which don't initialize this module you won't have sound. I hadn't success yet on reinitializing this module :(
TN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests