Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
D@rk.Prince

Re: [IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Post by D@rk.Prince »

Total-Noob wrote:
I'd be interested to know what determines if a game would be viable for a kxploit but not VHBL. Is it simply based on the amount of memory that can be freed without crashing being less for a kxploit? Obviously this doesn't help me, since I'm not going to be finding a kxploit anytime soon (haha) and I don't know if the one exploit I looked at has been stealth patched in the past year, but I'd surely care if it would be useful to the dev of some far off future kxploit.
You're asking the wrong person ;)

It is not the game itself which determines whether there's a kernel exploit. My kernel exploit for example requires some modules. So a game, we release for TN-V, MUST import the function which can load other modules, i.e modules for net - my kernel exploit is somewhere in these net modules. The function that we need is in almost all games available, as the function to load mp3 in example, is the same function to load these net modules. However, in FW 3.00 Sony made a whitelist of games which CAN load net modules. If you try to load them in a game which is not in the whitelist, you'll end up returning to the livearea. And of course, if you want to load modules you must have enough RAM, that's why there's an algorithm in TN-V loader which clears the RAM, but this is not an important step for the kernel exploit.

TN
So there is no way to fix this problem in future ?
Advertising
PS Vita 3.01 | TN-V8 | 101-in-1 Megamix
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

D@rk.Prince wrote: So there is no way to fix this problem in future ?
let me put it simpler: what determines a game's ability to execute the kernel exploit depends on the game's operating environment (a lot of different variables and walls that devs have to go through, some games have almost none, others have A LOT). Once the kernel exploit is triggered then the game stops being a problem. Also, a game does NOT determine if a kernel exploit exists or not, either it either exists or doesn't, the game has nothing to do with it, as I said, the game only determines if you can trigger the kernel exploit or not, availability is different from existence.
Advertising
mlc

Post by mlc »

Total-Noob wrote: You're asking the wrong person ;)

It is not the game itself which determines whether there's a kernel exploit. My kernel exploit for example requires some modules. So a game, we release for TN-V, MUST import the function which can load other modules, i.e modules for net - my kernel exploit is somewhere in these net modules. The function that we need is in almost all games available, as the function to load mp3 in example, is the same function to load these net modules. However, in FW 3.00 Sony made a whitelist of games which CAN load net modules. If you try to load them in a game which is not in the whitelist, you'll end up returning to the livearea. And of course, if you want to load modules you must have enough RAM, that's why there's an algorithm in TN-V loader which clears the RAM, but this is not an important step for the kernel exploit.

TN
Ohh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification =)
zippycorners

Post by zippycorners »

Total-Noob wrote:
I'd be interested to know what determines if a game would be viable for a kxploit but not VHBL. Is it simply based on the amount of memory that can be freed without crashing being less for a kxploit? Obviously this doesn't help me, since I'm not going to be finding a kxploit anytime soon (haha) and I don't know if the one exploit I looked at has been stealth patched in the past year, but I'd surely care if it would be useful to the dev of some far off future kxploit.
You're asking the wrong person ;)

TN
Hypothetically, would it be possible to write a game that used all the modules you wanted, with the amount of RAM you wanted, that also had a secret "backdoor" overflow exploit that you put there on purpose, and then you put it into Sony's game dev store for people to buy, and then you release an exploit?

Obviously this would be a stupidly vast amount of work and trouble (especially with developers fees), but I'm just wondering if it would be possible, and what kinds of things you could achieve.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Sure its possible but the only thing you would achieve is a lawsuit
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dinothesaur

Post by dinothesaur »

…wish I would have bumped into this earlier. I downloaded the latest exploit a couple days ago and it was running fine up until today. I received an error so I decided to delete it….thinking I could just go back into the store and re-download it under “My Downloads”. Turns out I was wrong. What a waste of $30. :(
MMA JEDI

Post by MMA JEDI »

dinothesaur wrote:…wish I would have bumped into this earlier. I downloaded the latest exploit a couple days ago and it was running fine up until today. I received an error so I decided to delete it….thinking I could just go back into the store and re-download it under “My Downloads”. Turns out I was wrong. What a waste of $30. :(
It's important to read about different things pertaining to an exploitable game, being that by default we have it, talk about it and then Sony pulls it...to patch it. So when they do put it back to download again it won't be exploitable anymore.
That's why it's important to copy it to your PC via Open CMA, so you have a backup copy if you lose the one on your Vita.
PS Vita PCH 2001 3.15 (I like the Vita Slim better)
PS Vita 3G/wif PCH 1101 - 3.01(Black)TN-v7 K.O.P.
Psp Go 6.35 Pro C (White)
Psp 2000 6.39 Pro B (Grey)
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Game is the same, The firmware isn't
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

fate6 wrote:Game is the same, The firmware isn't
Yes, but when Sony patches the firmware and it's back on the downloads list you can't get the game without using one of the "backdoor" methods
(PS3, Proxy etc.)
Asmith906

Post by Asmith906 »

So I have a problem. I had the Fifa exploit running on my vita but after trying to install cxmb plugin my game froze. I had to hard reset my vita but after trying to launch the game exploit it would just result in an error. I then copied over the game to my pc before deleting it and reformatted my vita to reset all the files. After trying to copy the game back to my vita it's get a little bit in and then gives me an error. I was wondering is the exploit might have corrupted my game. If so I guess it would be recommended to immediately back up your game before trying the exploit

Return to “TN CEF”