Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
PspJunkie

Re: [IMPORTANT] Not to lose the exploit game

Post by PspJunkie »

fate6 wrote:RECOVERY.PBP stays in the save so it shouldn't be affected by the QSP bug
Yes but the save is in /psp that's why I wondered. I personally haven't experienced this bug (yet) anyway and now TNV v5 is supposed to have fixed it anyway, I am still curious.. So when the save data is called by the game, does it not run from ms/psp/savedata/xxxxxxxxx? and if the psp folder name is not recognized or corrupt wont it not load or crash?
Advertising
tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 »

fate6 wrote:RECOVERY.PBP stays in the save so it shouldn't be affected by the QSP bug
TN Recovery menu still has to be started somehow so you need a working exploit in order to access recovery app. If PSP folder gets corrupted (by renaming or however) Vita has no access to anything inside including GAME and SAVEDATA folders which are vital simply because it expects it to be in PSP, not anywhere else.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I have no idea but I think its stored somewhere else like music
the Vita keeps it in its own space but it can be accessed from the ePSP
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
PspJunkie

Post by PspJunkie »

Hmmmm, anyone else know this..TN?
I also have Eurbanix exploit which I have set up to automatically launch adhoc file transfer by changing fboot.pbp to menu.pbp replacing the old menu from TN-C. I had left this alone to fix any files in case I messed them up or they got corrupted in the MBA exploit also on same memory card. I seem to recall I did screw up and MBA would no longer launch and then I launched Eurbanix which started adhoc file transfer and from there was able to fix the stuff I broke. BUT I don't remember what I messed up but it probably wasn't the psp folder..
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

fate6 wrote:I have no idea but I think its stored somewhere else like music
the Vita keeps it in its own space but it can be accessed from the ePSP
RECOVERY.PBP is JUST in the savedata folder, no where else.

(At least it had been in previous versions of TN-V, but I guess that it is still in TN-V5)
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

The Z wrote: RECOVERY.PBP is JUST in the savedata folder, no where else.

(At least it had been in previous versions of TN-V, but I guess that it is still in TN-V5)
Im talking savedata in general
exactly where does the Vita keep it? I think its not in /PSP/ but somewhere else and is "linked" there like music is
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

PSP + PS1 savegames are in /PSP/SAVEDATA/, no where else.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
PspJunkie

Post by PspJunkie »

The Z wrote:PSP + PS1 savegames are in /PSP/SAVEDATA/, no where else.
So if /psp gets corrupted we cannot launch a recovery.pbp via launching the exploit with r trigger held?
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

PspJunkie wrote:
The Z wrote:PSP + PS1 savegames are in /PSP/SAVEDATA/, no where else.
So if /psp gets corrupted we cannot launch a recovery.pbp via launching the exploit with r trigger held?
If the files are corrupt, how is the Vita supposed to read them?
PspJunkie

Post by PspJunkie »

Total-Noob wrote:
Kankertje wrote:
tinostar91 wrote:So, that game corruption happened to me and after restoring it through CMA I can't install anything, no problem getting to the XMB but nothing shows up, transfered PSP Filer data and it still acts as there is nothing (tried it on another fully formated card and found no problem).
Do you plan any recovery tool for that?
I think its because the ms0:/QSP folder is already there after corruption, and when you attempt to install anything, it first renames ms0:/PSP to ms0:/QSP which obviously fails because folder with such name is already there, then put the files in ms0:/QSP , then renames ms0:/QSP to ms0:/PSP which also fails. so it gets installed to ms0:/QSP which you cant access ;)

Good thinking! It is actually excatly this problem ;) I suggest you to use the recovery menu to rename this folder (In example use PSPFiler, rename its EBOOT.PBP to RECOVERY.PBP, put it in the savedata folder, then launch it). Good luck

TN
This is why I wondered if recovery can be launched with a broken game folder

Return to “TN CEF”