Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

How to Install Homebrew on TN-V4 [Tutorial]

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
titegtnodI

How to Install Homebrew on TN-V4 [Tutorial]

Post by titegtnodI » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:34 pm

I've seen a few threads asking this, and for now I'll present one method of installing homebrew but later I'll present an FTP method as well. This tutorial assumes that you already have TN-V4 setup and working (you see the XMB).

If you're looking to install ISOs or CSOs, this tutorial will better suite your needs.

Step One

Download whatever homebrew you want (From here), extract the initial rar (there should be a zip inside of it), and place the zip in the same folder as your exploit data as seen here.

Step Two

Transfer the exploit save to your Vita again (just like you initially did when you installed TN-V4).

Step Three

Boot into the XMB, go to GAME >> MEMORY STICK >> TheHomeBrewYouWantToInstall, press Triangle, and select Install. The install will proceed and eventually finish, it'll ask you if you want to delete the archive, select yes.

Step Four

You'll probably notice that your homebrew is gone, simply leave that menu, go check out your saves or something (Like Select >> Restart VSH), then return back to GAME >> MEMORY CARD. You'll see your homebrew here, and it should work fine, just press X to play it.
Advertising
Last edited by titegtnodI on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darkshin0b1

Re: How to Install Homebrew on TN-V4 [Tutorial]

Post by darkshin0b1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm

titegtnodI wrote:I've seen a few threads asking this, and for now I'll present one method of installing homebrew but later I'll present an FTP method as well. This tutorial assumes that you already have TN-V4 setup and working (you see the XMB).

Step One

Download whatever homebrew you want (From here), extract the initial rar (there should be a zip inside of it), and place the zip in the same folder as your exploit data as seen here.

Step Two

Transfer the exploit save to your Vita again (just like you initially did when you installed TN-V4).

Step Three

Boot into the XMB, go to GAME >> MEMORY STICK >> TheHomeBrewYouWantToInstall, press Triangle, and select Install. The install will proceed and eventually finish, it'll ask you if you want to delete the archive, select yes.

Step Four

You'll probably notice that your homebrew is gone, simply leave that menu, go check out your saves or something, then return back to GAME >> MEMORY CARD. You'll see your homebrew here, and it should work fine, just press X to play it.

Well done lad.

-DS
Advertising
PSViTA WiFi Black 8GB 3.01 TN-V 101-In-1 Megamix
PSP 1000 Black 6.60 PRO
PS3 SLIM Rogero CFW 4.41 v1.00
PS4 2TB SSD OFW 1.70
Innovation keeps us going..

titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:38 pm

darkshin0b1 wrote: Well done lad.

-DS
Thank you! Always happy to help :).

Swystix

Post by Swystix » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the guide, I followed it to the letter and all is well with the GBA and Nester installs but I get an error installing the SNES9XTYL 0.4.2 from the list.

The message says:

Install failed.
(80010014)

Any help would be appreciated,

-Swys

titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Swystix wrote:Hello,

Thank you for the guide, I followed it to the letter and all is well with the GBA and Nester installs but I get an error installing the SNES9XTYL 0.4.2 from the list.

The message says:

Install failed.
(80010014)

Any help would be appreciated,

-Swys
That's strange, I used SNES9XTYL in my example. Make sure the file you have in the exploit save data folder is "SNES9XTY.ZIP". I'll be adding FTP information in soon, this should hopefully alleviate issues like the one you're experiencing.

Swystix

Post by Swystix » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello,

I double checked everything and did the process a second time, I made sure to rename it as you said and the install goes as planned then I
delete the file at the end and leave to another area. When I leave the area for it to show up it never actually appears in the list. I know I'm
doing it right because the other emulators appear in the list.

Thanks again,

-Swys

titegtnodI

Post by titegtnodI » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Swystix wrote:Hello,

I double checked everything and did the process a second time, I made sure to rename it as you said and the install goes as planned then I
delete the file at the end and leave to another area. When I leave the area for it to show up it never actually appears in the list. I know I'm
doing it right because the other emulators appear in the list.

Thanks again,

-Swys
If it's not in the list, try Select >> Restart VSH. Otherwise, maybe redownload SNES9XTYL and try again, if your other emulators work.

guile

Post by guile » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Im having trouble installing homebrews. When I download one from the link above, I get a .rar, when extracted I get a folder with icon0,param.sfo,data.bin,install.zip. In this guide, the photo has something like HOMEBREWNAME.zip in the savedata folder ending in GameData0 while the guide at http://wololo.net/2013/12/18/tn-v4-how- ... nt-1-of-3/ has the folder INSTALL.ZIP in the other savedata folder. I tried it both ways, doesnt show up in xmb, cant click install.

Edit: Figured it out, had to enable file extensions and .zip was not capitalized by default. Put it in gamedata0 folder with HOMEBREW.ZIP and it worked!

Return to “TN CEF”