Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

TN-V 4 Fatal Error

Total_Noob's PSP Emulator Custom Firmware for the Vita. CEF can be downloaded here.
Gadorach

TN-V 4 Fatal Error

Post by Gadorach »

First, to speed things up:

Console: PS Vita 1k series - US/CA model
Firmware: 1.81
Exploit (User Mode): Mad Blocker Alpha
Exploit(Kernel Mode): TN-V 4

Details:

After completely removing TN-V 2 (as TN-V 3 had issues with GBA and FTP) I wiped the 6.60 files and deleted the MBA save data, along with all the other exploit data.
I then installed the TN-V 4 data with the 660.PBP inserted. On boot, I installed the 6.60 files just fine and exited the recovery menu. Upon doing so, the screen went blank and the PS Vita locked up for about a minute. Then, the standard C1-2858-3 error occurred and the emulator closed. When I tried to open the game again, it essentially acted like I locked the PS Vita and ignored the attempt. The screen went black, I clicked the PS button, and it brought me back to the Vita menu, but didn't use any animation when pausing the emulator. I tried to turn off the PS Vita, but it completely froze the console and I had to hard-reboot it to get it back to a working state. When I relaunched the game, it started into the TN-V 4 PSP cross menu, but, during the initial setup, the PSVita OSK refused to respond and I therefore could not change the nickname. It didn't even try to respond, no matter what button was pressed. I moved on and confirmed the setup, but just when it normally would have led to the PSP cross menu, it instead presented me with a red screen stating "A serious error has occurred. Contact the technical support line for assistance." and wouldn't do anything else. If I reboot the console (hard reboot), I can access the recovery menu again as expected, but no setting changes this response, and continues to black-screen freeze upon exit. I reinstalled and re-downloaded the files to no avail.

Let me know if you need additional information.

- Gadorach
Advertising
PSVita - 1.81+MBA | 1.81+MBA (MiniUSB Modded)
PSP - 1001 Fat (6.60-ME1.8)
Xbox 360 - Trinity RGH Tri-NAND (Dev|Xe|Retail) | Xenon JTAG (Xe) | Falcon RGH1 (Xe)
PS3 - CECH-2101A (CFW 4.60)

Projects - None ATM
bkirby3

Re: TN-V 4 Fatal Error

Post by bkirby3 »

I had the EXACT same issue, however, I was running UNO on 2.02. I got the red screen.

I put this on another thread but this seemed more appropriate.
Advertising
Attachments
photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG (119.06 KiB) Viewed 5205 times
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

bkirby3 wrote:I had the EXACT same issue, however, I was running UNO on 2.02. I got the red screen.

Yup, that's the good old red screen of death. As I'm not the only one, either the release files were incorrectly compiled, or they're simply not made to work on this firmware. I'm guessing that it probably works just fine starting at 2.12, as that's a firmware that they were actively working on in order to enable high memory mode.

- Gadorach
Xbox 360 - Trinity RGH Tri-NAND (Dev|Xe|Retail) | Xenon JTAG (Xe) | Falcon RGH1 (Xe)

Projects - None ATM
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
mlc

Post by mlc »

So are there any working files for UNO on 1.81? I attempted to install the files for Megamix: They broke all my other exploits. I attempted to install the new TN-V4 files for UNO, and they install but then I get a "red screen of death" that I've never seen before. And now I've yet to find a way to reinstall TN-V3, since apparently TN-V4 doesn't work with my firmware or exploits.
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

Using the files provided, I'm landed with the same result. The only new thing I found is that if I press X on the nickname selection enough times in a row, the emulator locks up.

- Gadorach

Projects - None ATM
Total-Noob
Guru

Post by Total-Noob »

Sorry for this error, its a bug in FW's below 2.10, I'll fix it this afternoon...sorry guys
Gadorach

Post by Gadorach »

Total-Noob wrote:Sorry for this error, its a bug in FW's below 2.10, I'll fix it this afternoon...sorry guys
No problem, every release has its hiccups, and we appreciate your work thus far. I was planning to go to sleep anyway, so this isn't really a big deal for me. Thanks again and I look forward to the completed release!

- Gadorach

Projects - None ATM
mlc

Post by mlc »

Total-Noob wrote:Sorry for this error, its a bug in FW's below 2.10, I'll fix it this afternoon...sorry guys
Oh, yay =) Sorry to have complained a bit too much; I was mainly upset with myself for testing a new release late at night. I tend to be a little obsessive, so it's difficult for me to not freak out when I accidentally break something that I previously had working before. (especially with something like the Vita, where I never know if the "solution" will require a full format or be impossible)

There's really no big hurry, of course; but I'm not sure there are too many other people around who could easily fix your work, since you're obviously very good at this =) Thanks very much for the quick news, it totally put my mind at ease.
wizard

Post by wizard »

bkirby3 wrote:I had the EXACT same issue, however, I was running UNO on 2.02. I got the red screen.

we both have the same issue i also get the red error screen on my vita running the uno exploit on 2.02 guess ill just have to wait t for Total-Noob fix. In the mean time ill be using tn-v4 on other vita running the megamix .
1k White Vita 3.65 - Black Vita 3.60/3G PSVSD
2k JP Blue&Black Vita 3.60
PS TV 3.60 - PS TV up to date
PS3 slim up to date
PS4 1.75 - PS4 up to date

Return to “TN CEF”